Choosing to not Complete Maps on the Atlas

this is all we asked, way to respec atlas, good call, ty

another thing you could do is to make divintaion cards drop in more maps then 1-2......for example i will put The Avenger set for mjolner, this set drops in 2 maps currently, make it drop in 5 maps......preferably in maps that are less played so there is atleast some incentive to play those maps.....i am sure there are other ways to incentivize people to play maps that will show as least played one month, or even sooner in Atlas exp

anyway, i am glad people acted on this topic and you reacted, so ty again

Last edited by BoondockSaint on Aug 25, 2016, 6:07:21 AM
"
CaoMengde wrote:

"
The dominant strategy is to unlock every t11 and lower map and unlock only the single best 11,12,13,14,15,16.

nice troll??
wouldnt that make it like, waaay more likely to drop lower maps?

Nope, the drop system works in weird ways. According to the devs, the tier of the map is decided first. This decision is not affected by the amount of maps you have in that tier. After a tier is selected, a layout is selected at random. So, for example, if you block out all bad layouts in t10 maps, you will still get the same amount of t10 maps, but they will only have good layouts. Confusing, but we know for a fact that this is how it works.
Last edited by XibalbaL on Aug 25, 2016, 6:11:39 AM
Hm, OK. So it seems, that best strategy will be to unlock almost all atlas, without those few maps I usually not do anyway, like Malformation or Torture Chamber. The only problem is, that they mixed bosses so maybe it will be worth to skip them in beginning, to not complete map prematurely.

Just clear map, look on new boss an leave.

The problem is also, that legacy map unlocks equivalents, so it's also better to skip bosses on legacy maps.

Sorry to say, but ATM it seems as biggest fail in aRPG I ever played, expansion discouraging players to explore it's content. But I get used, that GGG thinking works in reverse, it has to have something in common with living in Southern Hemisphere, he, he he :D
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
i'm speechless. thank you, team.
Path Of Exile Community Highlights
youtube.com/mireklefou
"hear feedback" , you always do that... but you are a small group of games company that do that.

the best 4 years in game and for more and more...

Thanks
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Maps being reworked is really great news, they were needing it! Otherwise thanks for quick and appropriate response! :)
i'm baffled how many people praise GGG now for a solution that is mediocre at best.

it should have been either character only (not account wide) or let people choose what maps they want to drop for free. the more maps you have unlocked the more maps you would get back and you could only lock 80(or 90)% of the atlas.

but leaving it account wide and make the "respec" quite costy is a really bad decission for all who play standard or want to play several chars during a league.
Kinda wondering the same as Ruefl2x: I haven't had much time for anything PoE related lately so maybe this has been answered but:

- what was the reason to make the Atlas League/Account wide to begin with instead of character specific?
- and what happens after the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc league merge?
- why not handle a Parent League Atlas like the Passive Tree with free respecs (after merges, once in a while, [any fair amount of time]?
Last edited by Alysma on Aug 25, 2016, 7:37:19 AM
Haven't you read the manifesto? Many ( if not all ) maps were redesigned and rebalanced, so you don't know atm which tilestests will fit you the most, and which won't. Add to this 30 new maps/tilesets - you actually will have to run all of these maps to find exactly which you want, and which you don't want to run. And i guess for more than half of players' base it would take more than a month to figure it out.

As for me - stop whining till you really got familiar with all of the new/redone maps. Atm it's just a theory...
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
i'm baffled how many people praise GGG now for a solution that is mediocre at best.

it should have been either character only (not account wide) or let people choose what maps they want to drop for free. the more maps you have unlocked the more maps you would get back and you could only lock 80(or 90)% of the atlas.

but leaving it account wide and make the "respec" quite costy is a really bad decission for all who play standard or want to play several chars during a league.

This issue was known for like 2 weeks now and ggg hoped it would pass unnoticed and be accepted. Like lab and ascendancy points did :(

A lot of people started to complain as they should have, even though they were criticized by white knights because "you didn't even play atlas!?!?" but at least small win was won. So we should be grateful in lack of better solution that atleast we have option not to brick our atlas.

All in all

vocal minority 1 GGG 1

first game about lab ggg is leading vocal minority, but we will not surender :)
Last edited by BoondockSaint on Aug 25, 2016, 8:17:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info