Choosing to not Complete Maps on the Atlas

"
LocalSurflion wrote:
As a devoted hardcore POE player for 5 years, i really have enjoyed the journey.. I hope that using the treasure map device is a journey that takes time and investment to unlock and not a tactical strategy for min maxing exp and map drops. I hope everyone unlocks the entire map and explores this creation that GGG put a lot of hard work into. I am confident that this new treasure map thing will be a fun awesome adventure and i am really looking forward to it.. keep up the good work GGG

Too expensive to relock maps... So gorge it is and untainted area... Sorry but 1/3 exalt is too high to lock it.
No Problem,
Exile
"
Scaal wrote:
Haven't you read the manifesto? Many ( if not all ) maps were redesigned and rebalanced, so you don't know atm which tilestests will fit you the most, and which won't. Add to this 30 new maps/tilesets - you actually will have to run all of these maps to find exactly which you want, and which you don't want to run. And i guess for more than half of players' base it would take more than a month to figure it out.

As for me - stop whining till you really got familiar with all of the new/redone maps. Atm it's just a theory...

when "half of the player base" gets to maps, all bosses will be known thanks to streamers.....so if you don't plan to play maps on day 1 you will be able to see and choose how your atlas will look
I intend to unlock all maps anyway if I can so these changes don't worry me.

You can be sure of one thing though, fixing your atlas if you think youve screwed it up will "likely be measured in Cartographer's Sextants of the appropriate colours and won't be trivially cheap".

I hope no poor players will feel the need or desire to do this!
Last edited by plodd on Aug 25, 2016, 8:40:21 AM
It it me only or does anyone of you think it's a bad idea to be able to do a "better" atlas than someone else ?
Shouldn't it be about exploration and not efficiency ?
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Scaal wrote:
Haven't you read the manifesto? Many ( if not all ) maps were redesigned and rebalanced, so you don't know atm which tilestests will fit you the most, and which won't. Add to this 30 new maps/tilesets - you actually will have to run all of these maps to find exactly which you want, and which you don't want to run. And i guess for more than half of players' base it would take more than a month to figure it out.

As for me - stop whining till you really got familiar with all of the new/redone maps. Atm it's just a theory...

when "half of the player base" gets to maps, all bosses will be known thanks to streamers.....so if you don't plan to play maps on day 1 you will be able to see and choose how your atlas will look

Exactly - but to see is not equal to run it by myself, which results in diffrent feelings about good/bad map to run. I do agree with you that Atlas being account wide is a bad idea and it's good to hear that sth about it is going to change. I just can't understand how people can state what map will be good/bad to run when not even one of them was able to run it before release. ( and i'm talking about a new ones & redesigned ones)
Thanks for listening to the feedback!

GG, GGG. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
PLS don't make "choice of whether to leave certain maps locked" debated. That make player can't do certain map whole league.
I can accept "choice of running which maps" debated.
Unlock every map and run certain ones is good.
Unlock certain ones is tooooo BAAAD. "You'd better don't run this map or you will be fucked" will kill some people!

Before atlas version, running the shitty maps is already like a stupid. In atlas version, it's super stupid. (Don't say map balance, look at skill balance, there are always better ones).

You add 30 new maps, OK it's great! But now you tell us we should debated whether keep certain maps locked. Oh come on!!! WTF!!

Unlock maps should be the ONLY CHOICE. You can make maps hard to unlock(like time limit or passed 10 times), but don't make us be afraid to unlock maps!
Last edited by fasknifer on Aug 25, 2016, 9:33:12 AM
"
Scaal wrote:

Finding out which map we want to run is good.
Finding out which map we should keep locked is stupid.
"
davidftw wrote:
"
darkmatch wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Are you serious about that? You're adding 30 new tilesets and think it's positive that players might just ignore most of them, maybe even more than before?
I really hope the players will just unlock everything because otherwise this will be the worst design decision you have ever made.

Players shouldn't have to respec anything. Every area should be equally worth the time.
You actually want to give players the ability to just intentionally ignore tilesets even though you added 30 new ones.

I always thought diversity was the main goal of the expansion?

That is a rather narrowminded way to look at it if you ask me.
Personally, there are maps that I really dislike because of its tileset. If they are more worth doing now because of balance changes that is nice, but in the end I dont fancy the tileset and would rather see it not drop.
I think this is a great way for everyone to customise their own endgame mapping experience the way they see fit!

"You don't want some maps drop" not equal "You don't want unlock some maps"
Why unlock must decide which map drops? It's stupid.
Yes, everyone don't want some maps drop, but everyone don't want "run this map once will make it begin to drop and be fucked".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info