Choosing to not Complete Maps on the Atlas

Thank you for listening to our concerns, Chris! Trainwreck averted. :)

However, I'm not sure about the price of respeccing. Without seeing the Sextant drop rate I can't say that it's too expensive or not. But I'm surprised that it's not free or trivial. Completing a map already takes an effort and a cost which could be pretty high for the top tiers. I don't think it should cost more to 'un-complete' it. A Sextant of the appropriate color plus an Orb of Regret sounds entirely reasonable, IMO.

ETA: You don't need to add any special currency either, unless it's a technical requirement. Consider this: in order to 'forget' a map, give Zana a copy of that map + Sextant of the same color + Orb of Regret.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 25, 2016, 2:24:36 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Still have to ask this question... Can a boss still drop +2 maps when you have not discovered the tier that is two higher? ... And can bosses still drop +2 maps at all?

bosses can still drop +2 maps but only if you have already unlocked those maps.
don't expect +2 maps to drop when you build your map pool / atlas.

at least this is what i have read so far multiple times.

Isn't this a pretty big nerf to map tier progression? Can't find higher levels maps until you've already found them. Circular formula error, rebooting brain.

Thanks for the answers.
The rarest things to get from bosses are the +2 maps. The +2 maps should always be able to drop, even if the higher tier isn't discovered yet. Atleast, that's how I feel about it.

Players are able to buy maps and simply drop into the progression at any point, but the ones playing cannot get +2 maps to drop while playing and progressing normally through the atlas for the first time? Just seems very wrong to me.

I am still very excited for the AoW expansion though.
Well, I'm planning to discover the whole atlas anyway, but good to know I can somehow change/revert the progression if needed.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
"
fasknifer wrote:

The dominant strategy is to unlock every t11 and lower map and unlock only the single best 11,12,13,14,15,16.

Things will go like this. This will make "30 new maps" be a joke.
We don't run all lower map so we unlock all of them. We run high lvl maps so we keep lock all of them except one each tier. (T16 you only need 1 too, you can trade for other 3 fragments)
OK, you have 100 maps, and we run only 6 maps after 1 week since league began.

WTF!!!
Come on Chris, give us a reason we don't do this, give us a reason why we should run the seventh map!

We will only run 6 of 100 MAPS in 2.75 months!!!!

Just because you refuse to play the content does not mean there is not enough content. Not having fun while playing is the bane of all efficiency whores!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 25, 2016, 3:08:05 PM
Thank you for the community-talking, Chris.

Last edited by kabrok on Aug 25, 2016, 3:56:39 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
fasknifer wrote:

The dominant strategy is to unlock every t11 and lower map and unlock only the single best 11,12,13,14,15,16.

Things will go like this. This will make "30 new maps" be a joke.
We don't run all lower map so we unlock all of them. We run high lvl maps so we keep lock all of them except one each tier. (T16 you only need 1 too, you can trade for other 3 fragments)
OK, you have 100 maps, and we run only 6 maps after 1 week since league began.

WTF!!!
Come on Chris, give us a reason we don't do this, give us a reason why we should run the seventh map!

We will only run 6 of 100 MAPS in 2.75 months!!!!

Just because you refuse to play the content does not mean there is not enough content. Not having fun while playing is the bane of all efficiency whores!

Many people like me like to play efficient. We plan our builds days before league starts, we plan our gem setups, tree, ascendancy points, pretty much everything. Now we are not in your way, we do not hinder your fun in the game in any way. You will explore your atlas as you see it fit. We do not care, we wish you have most fun you can get. With that being said, it is in GGG best interest to make bad and unattractive maps fun for our group of players, because playing same map in same tier over and over again gets bored and people stop to play. Which in the end is GGG loss. It is possible that both groups have fun with some more thought and effort.

Having "content" of 10 000 maps and 10 of those being better by a lot is worse then having 50 maps that are equally good, be it because of better layout, more mobs, better currency drops, more divination cards and so on.

Last edited by BoondockSaint on Aug 25, 2016, 3:58:43 PM
If you're so efficient, how come you only got 22 challenges done this late in league? I'm not trying to be an ass, but it does beg the question.

I can honestly say by now in prophecy I've done every map w/exception of abyss. I'm not an efficient player, it's a game, so strangely enough, I wanna have fun!
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Aug 25, 2016, 6:27:00 PM
"
As03 wrote:
It it me only or does anyone of you think it's a bad idea to be able to do a "better" atlas than someone else ?
Shouldn't it be about exploration and not efficiency ?
It is. We have a 100 maps to explore and benefits to unlocking the entire atlas. But since some in the player base have to be all anal about it GGG gave them a way to be efficient.
Last edited by Telzen on Aug 25, 2016, 6:35:42 PM
"

Ive posted solution to this in Feedback and Suggestions sub forum.

My solution to this problem is using mechanic similar to Warbands league. Have everyday random pool of maps affected by desired and undesired effects. Pushing players to run different maps and giving them reason to explore whole atlas - get access to all positively affected maps each day.

This mechanic could be made "smart" by adding negative effects to overplayed maps in day and positive effects to maps played least.

This is a really great idea! They should definitely implement something like this. It would make players actively search for maps that are beneficial and/or risky for their character.

I think the idea of adding a currency that "is not trivially cheap" to lock maps is absolutely idiotic. Just make it so that non-adjacent maps (except Tier 1s) cannot drop. That way players can tailor their experience as they please and still explore the Atlas.

EDIT: Also, now that we've introduced non-transferable consumables. Have you considered making maps non-transferable as well? At the end of the day, the rich get richer by buying the "optimal" maps and/or trading these. Why not make it so that each player has to earn their "optimal" maps?
Last edited by theslap on Aug 25, 2016, 6:51:47 PM
"
theslap wrote:
"

Ive posted solution to this in Feedback and Suggestions sub forum.

My solution to this problem is using mechanic similar to Warbands league. Have everyday random pool of maps affected by desired and undesired effects. Pushing players to run different maps and giving them reason to explore whole atlas - get access to all positively affected maps each day.

This mechanic could be made "smart" by adding negative effects to overplayed maps in day and positive effects to maps played least.

I've seen this suggested a few times and it would surprise me a lot if GGG doesn't take advantage of the Atlas in this way to make relatively 'effortless' content that changes over the league, like tempests or whatever x league is. Imagine flashback leagues with this!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info