Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
RIP GGG and Welcome Casual Gaming :((((( And i say Good Bye...:((( Best game ever and now it is Casualing....:(((((

If anything, Atlas gives hardcore gamers more to do. Nothing to do with casual. Now the 1% will create a second account to unlock the entire Atlas, then their main account focuses on unlocking specific maps for a slight bonus in map drop. It might speed progression only slightly, but the hardcore among us will end up spending even more time with Atlas. Not "casual" at all.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
If you guys think I'm running dried lake until I can do T10 maps, you're crazy. I'll run maps as I find them, then just buy the ones I want/like. Once you play enough, it isn't that difficult to sustain a T9-11 map pool.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Looks extremely abusive,

Buy a Gorge (or similar)
Only Gorge can drop or Maps next to it, done

Racers will hit 100 much faster, hope GGG will fix that, would be otherwise really boring.

Also this mechanic will kill the Carto-Box and Uber Izaro Map Treasure-Box or am i Wrong?

I like the Atlas, giving the Player a Direction of Progress, but it takes the RNG we all Love (and Hate).
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
Question:
1) Can the Shaper's Orbs (of different tier) be used twice on the same map? Example: T1 > T6, and then T6 > T11! That way even originally T1 map with good layout can be played by end-game users!
2) If a player upgrades T1 map with Shaper's Orbs to T6, does that means he will always get in NON-map instances Shaped versions of T1 maps which is now T6?
3) What tier map players gets if he exchanges 3 Shaped versions of T1 to T2? Will it be T2 map, or Shaped T2 map?

Suggestion:
1) MAP drop mechanic restriction:
Downgrade dropped maps to closest tier of completed map.
Example: NOW, Player after clearing T15 for example gets T7, T12, T14 maps.
In new mechanic he will get T1 T1 T1 maps, IF there are no completed maps except T15.
This way there will be no abuse of system by completing only T15 maps for more drop rate of Higher tier maps.

2) Hard/Annoying MAP drops
Yes we don't want include specific map in map drop list after discovering that this map is uncomfortable for us! So I suggest by using Orb of Regret we can exclude this map making it uncompleted in Atlas (of course with loosing +1% bonus). That way if we get T11 map if will be from our list of completed maps, or downgraded to lower tiers of completed maps!

3) Bad mods with Cartographer's Sextants
If we can't run for example Blood magic mod, do we have to enter this map 5 times without doing nothing!? So I suggest by using Orb of Scouring we can erase ALL mods on this map (including Shaper's Orbs upgrades)!

With this suggestions players we be able explore Atlas, and than decide what maps should be excluded or not from drop list, and there will be no abuse of only T15 drop, because if dropped map originally was T14 and you have none of T14 completed, it will be downgraded and NOT upgraded.

Additional Suggestion:
4) Map can't be completed, unless there are route of completed maps from Start (T1) till current map.

5)Additional to suggestion №2.
Orb of Regret can't be used to UNcomplete map if chain route of completed maps began seperated.

It is the analog of passive nodes, where you can allocate new node if there are no route to it.
And the same way, you can respect passive node if you break a chain.

That way after exploring Atlas, players can UNcomplete unneeded maps (for example leaving only chain of maps which leads to Hydra) and list of drop maps will consist only of maps leading to (Hydra), thus there will be no map drop of unneeded maps, but still some of them (on the rote you choose) will be difficult/Annoying, but such maps can be exchanged 3 to one of next tier on your selected route!
Last edited by CBEToffOP on Aug 24, 2016, 12:27:43 PM
As a purely temp league player I'm seriously considering saying f u too efficiency for once and just going ham on the atlas.

Or using my alt account to do the same thing lol.
Last edited by facelessman122 on Aug 24, 2016, 12:30:58 PM
Looks like I had much more hopes and good wishes put into the idea of the 'atlas' than it turns out to be. Will have to re-think and re-read all to make an oppinion.
So if run a T14 for instance without having any maps unlocked on the Atlas, the only maps that can drop are the map im currently running and probably 2 that are connected (so -1 and +1 probably) and the T1s.

What happens if the Tier is rolled and i havent unlocked any maps of that Tier and none of that Tier are connected to the map im running.

No mapdrop?

If you can get your hands on red maps and never corrupt them you can do this forever...
If you vendor 3 of the same shaped map, what do you get?
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Was super hyped about the atlas, but... you guys just didn't thought this through.

Cool thing about the atlas concept was that you could implement engaging, self-defined arc in endgame progression instead of pure random disjunctioned mapping OR repetitive 'gorges' all day.

But this, this is just abusable as ****. What you did you just made it easier for people to do the same **** over and over again. Was that your point? I don't think it was, and I hope it wasn't.

/edit: actually I realized I'm apparently not that of a min-maxer. Was angry and downloaded atlas with map names, started to highlight the maps I'm interestied in, trying to prepare a perfect unlock for myself without going "dried lake until gorges all day". After a couple of minutes I realized I'm having fun already, and I was actually creating the arc that I just ranted about. I urge you guys that are concerned about the possible atlas abuse to do the same.

If doing gorges all day is what you define as fun, you'll be able to do that too of course and it still is abusable as ****. That's your call, and you'll be missing out on ****. From that perspective, the comment that Chris made "it's a game :-P" is not really dismissive.

That being said, I still think atlas map unlocks being account wide is a mistake. Different characters still have access to unlocking the atlas maps they want via the map pool that they build up in stash, so you can easily replicate the result if you want. Sextants though, that's another thing.

After taking a closer look to how atlas actually connects maps, I think it's gonna be all good.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 24, 2016, 1:44:58 PM
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
Racers will hit 100 much faster, hope GGG will fix that, would be otherwise really boring.

Racers are going to race, be it temporary leagues, permanent leagues, or race events. If they finish say 5% faster, it's not really going to matter much. They're all on the same playing field since the beginning. If they burn out on PoE faster, than more market control for the rest of us even sooner.

"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
I like the Atlas, giving the Player a Direction of Progress, but it takes the RNG we all Love (and Hate).

Yes, I don't like the inclusion of the RNG changes. If it boosts crappy map drop rate, then let the player's individually toggle that on/off.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 24, 2016, 12:34:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info