Detailed Atlas Mechanics

I hope that they replaced the Gorge boss with some RIP beast monster
Self found and solo (mostly)
@cipher_nemo

So what's your point?
I try to say, that having a control about what maps can drop is abusive (racer's as an example)
AND it makes the End game actually more Boring(not increased)

If you can't give me a good counter argument then let it be.
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
Looks extremely abusive,

Buy a Gorge (or similar)
Only Gorge can drop or Maps next to it, done

...or T1's or nothing. If nothing drops then you're truly done and you're back to .poe to buy another Gorge (or similar).
Bachelor, UNC fan, terrible guitar player, doggy daddy.
sexy !
"
cpricecpa wrote:
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
Looks extremely abusive,

Buy a Gorge (or similar)
Only Gorge can drop or Maps next to it, done

...or T1's or nothing. If nothing drops then you're truly done and you're back to .poe to buy another Gorge (or similar).

If nothing drops, then you're to dumb to roll maps and deserve no map drops
"
Muscallion wrote:
I will do a few tier 1 maps, buy myself a gorge map and do gorge, and GORGE only. This way it will drop gorge and the connected maps and all the other t1 maps ive done. I will get a huge fking drop-rate of gorge-maps.

GG, GGG

Is this true or will all the maps on the way up to gorge drop from the gorge map?
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
@cipher_nemo

So what's your point?
I try to say, that having a control about what maps can drop is abusive (racer's as an example)
AND it makes the End game actually more Boring(not increased)

If you can't give me a good counter argument then let it be.

Well, it's not complete control, it's just manipulation of the RNG slightly, right?

So yeah, whatever that percentage is, those who grind can get a certain percentage more quick clear maps. But that's extremely boring. You could just grind anything, use the income to buy more quick clear maps, and have a similar effect.

Also, people could play 16 hours a day instead of 4, 8, whatever and grind faster. What difference is that going to make for the other 90-some% of the playerbase? Market changes? And casuals obviously wouldn't care much.

What's so abusive about a boosted map drop rate that's going to have a negative impact on PoE as a whole? I don't think it's really going to affect much overall. And it's all speculation at this point: you can place your bets on outcome, but you can't call the game before it's played.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
im going as planned to complete the entire atlas. whatever it results
"
Oxygene_PoE wrote:
"
Muscallion wrote:
I will do a few tier 1 maps, buy myself a gorge map and do gorge, and GORGE only. This way it will drop gorge and the connected maps and all the other t1 maps ive done. I will get a huge fking drop-rate of gorge-maps.

GG, GGG

Is this true or will all the maps on the way up to gorge drop from the gorge map?

Map drop rate will only be boosted by Atlas, not circumvented. Oxygene is oversimplifying things. At whatever map level you're playing you'll still have a chance to get maps up to 2 levels above. So if this guy adds Gorge to that, he'll still have a big chunk of the percentage getting tier 1, 2, and 3 maps along with gorge. And he's not taking into account you can trade up maps levels, etc.

"
rade0n wrote:
im going as planned to complete the entire atlas. whatever it results

Ditto. Because it's content and it's a HELLUVA lot more interesting than grinding quick clear, limited back-tracking maps.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 24, 2016, 12:57:23 PM
Well let's take it a step further from Gorge.

With this Know How, you can "build" your Atlas, deleting a good bunch possibly(most likely not all of them) of Maps you don't want to run.
While Casual/ Unaware Players will mess up their Atlas.

Just Think about that, once you you are aware, you want to be able to restart the Atlas, but you can't, in perm league for eternity in temp. league until the end.

That would leave a bad taste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info