Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
They really should have just add New Map and Bosses, and ability to modify maps with Sextant and Shaper's Orb.

Now they fuck up entire Endgame. Players now will get punished for actually exploring Atlas. There is even less reasons to play more maps than was before, because drop rate of good maps will be screwed for good. This 1% bonus to drop is nothing compared to risk of getting piles of trash maps instead of desired ones.

And most importan thing - you can break your entire account with uncatious actions. ;_;

Gorge 4 Life. They will become even more expensive for sure.

This is exactly what people don't understand. They think 100% more quant is worth it, but they dont understand they will be getting more maps that are bad, not worth runing, not fun etc, and a lot less maps that are fun, efficient and great.

:(
My body is Ready!
Can't wait for this update! :)
More legacy maps? Fuuu...
3.14 - Removed Harvest from the game.
Okay let's get something straight because people seem to have forgotten that rngesus is our Lord.

You want to run a t10 map (let's call it map X) cause you heard it's the best. So you buy a pile of map X and start running it.

After unlocking the node in the Atlas you notice its connected to a t9 map, a t11 map and 2 other t10s (map Y and Z).

During your travels rngesus shows up with a t10 map and says you have a 33% chance to get map X and 66% chance to get Y or Z.

This means you will eventually run out of map X. You can run the t9s or t11s to try and get more but you will run out of those too due to the same reasons.

So you are faced with two options.

1. Buy more of map X (just like we do today) which will leave your atlas with a slightly better chance at getting more of map X than other people.

2. Abandon this plan and just run the other t10s
RIP GGG and Welcome Casual Gaming :((((( And i say Good Bye...:((( Best game ever and now it is Casualing....:(((((
How is Casualing make any sense in the context of Atlas? I just can't wrap my head around bullshit you just said...
One question I have, how do the different tiered sextants work with a shaped map.

For example I make a yellow map into a red map.

Can I use journeyman stones on nearby yellow map to affect my shaped red map? Or will it ignore the nearby journeyman effects and only work with masters?
"
Joleco wrote:
"the 2.4.0 release will drastically change everything you know about the end-game. It contains the upcoming system that has me the most excited."

-Chris Wilson, Dev Q&A, July 4 2016

Can someone explain me cuz im stupid, HOW exactly Atlas will change end game??? I cant see any good changes so far, or at least not "drastically change everything you know about the end-game."
They are trying to slow down progress in mapping, anything other new? Same map drop system, just restrictions to the drops. Well i'm not excited, hope to be wrong

Once you've finished each map, the endgame will be exactly what it was before AoW except for some new tilesets and sextants
Pretty amusing when society is so cushy that people biggest problem is being "slighted" by a game. Pretty strange how "We've designed the new Atlas of Worlds end-game experience to be easy for Path of Exile players to get into." is translated into the game becoming casualized with literally no real context of what that statements means. Does it mean that the mapping will allow newer people to progress to higher tier maps more efficiently? Who knows. You people are reading way too far into this.

At any rate, the new change to the maps and the legacy variants is fine. They said right in the announcement that old maps will fast-track your exploration of the atlas so what is the big deal?
Self found and solo (mostly)
Last edited by Brockston on Aug 24, 2016, 12:18:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info