Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
acme_myst wrote:
Jezus Christ, this is Chris' response to the abusability (posted on reddit):
"
Chris wrote:
You'd miss out on the map drop rate bonus from those uncompleted maps.

Also, this is a "game" :P

Intended then, I guess. Fuck this.

Welp, time to set up a second account so I can trash one Atlas but keep the other 'clean' of all the garbage maps. :/ I really don't mind losing out on a whole 3% Map qty if that means I never have to see Dungeons, Torture Chambers and Cells (I'll probably never run the connected maps either!).

Tunnels will always drop, but hey, gotta get those Chisel recipes from somewhere.

Edit: I can complete Dungeons and get (less than) 1% more Good Map. I also get infinity-% more Dungeons, which I don't want. That's a teeerrible trade-off.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 24, 2016, 11:10:12 AM
I am not a big fan of what has been revealed so far. One of the main things that I was hoping for was to be able to upgrade every tileset to a higher level. But it seems that the number of shaper's orbs is limited and that each is only applicable to a certain tier. Because the atlas was made account-wide and for that they couldn't allow every lower tier to be upgraded? Why not make it character-specific so that every character starts from tier 1 with unlimited potential shaper's orbs and that we could eventually upgrade every tileset? The orbs would be better off as currency in that instance.

And then the fact that you have to kill the boss in order to "complete" a map instead of remaining monster count <50 or <25. This is not ideal IMO. There are so many maps with nasty bosses that I run through all the way until I get to the boss and then I just leave because I can't kill them. So now I will have no consistent access to those tilsets unless I work my way back to that section on the atlas to get it as an adjacent drop or until I can manage to kill the boss. I dunno, I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes.
"
Joleco wrote:
"the 2.4.0 release will drastically change everything you know about the end-game. It contains the upcoming system that has me the most excited."

-Chris Wilson, Dev Q&A, July 4 2016

Can someone explain me cuz im stupid, HOW exactly Atlas will change end game??? I cant see any good changes so far, or at least not "drastically change everything you know about the end-game."
They are trying to slow down progress in mapping, anything other new? Same map drop system, just restrictions to the drops. Well i'm not excited, hope to be wrong

You will run tier 12 Gorge instead of tier 9, and the only tier 12 map that will ever drop is going to be Gorge. See, changed drastically.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Due to the amount of power that players currently have, this new change might only delay players by 3-4 days from finishing the endgame. Major nerfs need to take place.
So when i turn all my t1 to t6. RIP then create new char. RIP no t1 can drop any more. RIP Self Found char cant ever get to map again. RIP.
IGN : SIsshy
AoW looks pretty damn cool...looking forward to this as I've been waiting for an update to breathe some new life into endgame. Looks like my tabs which contain almost every map in the game will come in very handy.

And the best part - seeing so many other players getting their panties in a knot theorizing and/or hating on something that they haven't even played yet.

P.S. I stole your wife. And your wife too. I stealed them all. ^_^
love u ggg
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
acme_myst wrote:
Jezus Christ, this is Chris' response to the abusability (posted on reddit):
"
Chris wrote:
You'd miss out on the map drop rate bonus from those uncompleted maps.

Also, this is a "game" :P

Intended then, I guess. Fuck this.

Welp, time to set up a second account so I can trash one Atlas but keep the other 'clean' of all the garbage maps. :/ I really don't mind losing out on a whole 3% Map qty if that means I never have to see Dungeons, Torture Chambers and Cells (I'll probably never run the connected maps either!).

Tunnels will always drop, but hey, gotta get those Chisel recipes from somewhere.

Edit: I can complete Dungeons and get (less than) 1% more Good Map. I also get infinity-% more Dungeons, which I don't want. That's a teeerrible trade-off.

That's disappointing to see. Sigh, was happy until I read into the system abuse.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
They really should have just add New Map and Bosses, and ability to modify maps with Sextant and Shaper's Orb.

Now they fuck up entire Endgame. Players now will get punished for actually exploring Atlas. There is even less reasons to play more maps than was before, because drop rate of good maps will be screwed for good. This 1% bonus to drop is nothing compared to risk of getting piles of trash maps instead of desired ones.

And most importan thing - you can break your entire account with uncatious actions. ;_;

Gorge 4 Life. They will become even more expensive for sure.
And this is supposed to be an improvement, how? "easy for Path of Exile players to get into"? Maybe for existing players that like the map system. A lot of players DON'T. Where's an endgame we can actually enjoy that isn't just endless farm-so-you-can-farm of about 2 maps that are efficient and the rest are effectively a total waste of effort? WHERE IS THE RISK-REWARD BALANCING? On top of that the uniques shown thus far are flops as well, WHY would anyone put the effort into T16 to get inferior items to normal/fated uniques? Map-wise, this expansion looks like a TOTAL flop, much like Ascendancy's primary content. When are we gonna get a decent expansion again? Where's Act V? As-is, I avoid getting high enough for maps precisely because they're boring and spell the end of any interest value in PoE for me. This isn't gonna change that. Normal-Merciless is still all PoE really has to offer.

Next expansion REALLY needs to be Act V. PoE is dying as far as I'm concerned. My friends list confirms that - it was pretty full of onlines near the start of Perandus, about since then it's nearly all offline. Everyone LEFT and they HAVEN'T COME BACK. Not for Prophecy and probably not for this either.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info