Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
Wesdrawsblood wrote:

How? Additional mods only last 5 maps, just run it 5 times with a toon that can do it or run somewhere else? This will have zero effect on me or the three characters i plan to run this leauge. I have no idea how it would.

Where did you get "run 5 times" and it's over from?

You find a map tier 4. You shape it to become tier 9. The original tier 4 is no longer available and only drops as tier 9 for all your characters for the entire league.

No more map leveling on your second character.

EDIT: I am thoroughly confused now. Are we talking about shaping the map or altering it via all those sextants?

Anyway... this slowly dials down my initial excitement.
Last edited by ZenEnott on Aug 24, 2016, 9:39:16 AM
I will do a few tier 1 maps, buy myself a gorge map and do gorge, and GORGE only. This way it will drop gorge and the connected maps and all the other t1 maps ive done. I will get a huge fking drop-rate of gorge-maps.

GG, GGG
"
Muscallion wrote:
I will do a few tier 1 maps, buy myself a gorge map and do gorge, and GORGE only. This way it will drop gorge and the connected maps and all the other t1 maps ive done. I will get a huge fking drop-rate of gorge-maps.

GG, GGG

Yeah... I don't get how this could seem like a good idea to the evangelists of "play more of our content"...
Cool, all info known yet implies you can actually play all 100 different maps but you have to be careful to finish or complete only 19 of them. The best one of each tier from one to fifteen and all four tier 16 in case you want to try the shaper. This way you'll be getting the best layouts almost exclusively with the exception of maps connected to the one you're playing and t1 maps. Maybe you can even get rid of t1's by throwing shaper orb's on them...
Easy solution
Dont kill map bosses!!! they are your friends. Innocents. Pure little babies.
Once (if) you've done it - you would regret for all your life.
How will this affect +2 map drops from bosses?
Judging the video and what's typed here, a +2 map drop from the boss is no longer possible if you haven't yet unlocked a map two tiers higher.
I think unlocking T15 map will unlock whole path from the T15 to nearest start location. Don't expect that you will be able to just cherry pick your beloved speed maps. :-)
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Aug 24, 2016, 10:09:20 AM
Jezus Christ, this is Chris' response to the abusability (posted on reddit):

"
Chris wrote:

You'd miss out on the map drop rate bonus from those uncompleted maps.

Also, this is a "game" :P

Intended then, I guess. Fuck this.
Clear as mud Iam confused as hell but I think it will be fun working/learning my way through it Now Iam wondering why all my supporter things aren't below my name on the post just the latest one ...
Last edited by Fasteddie1 on Aug 24, 2016, 10:13:08 AM
This is pretty interesting. The Atlas looks huge. I'm eager to see how the progression "feels." Like I don't want to feel super stagnant at any point in time. Overall sounds neat.

Looking forward to hearing more about Essence League as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info