Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Oxygene_PoE wrote:
"
Muscallion wrote:
I will do a few tier 1 maps, buy myself a gorge map and do gorge, and GORGE only. This way it will drop gorge and the connected maps and all the other t1 maps ive done. I will get a huge fking drop-rate of gorge-maps.

GG, GGG

Is this true or will all the maps on the way up to gorge drop from the gorge map?

Map drop rate will only be boosted by Atlas, not circumvented. Oxygene is oversimplifying things. At whatever map level you're playing you'll still have a chance to get maps up to 2 levels above. So if this guy adds Gorge to that, he'll still have a big chunk of the percentage getting tier 1, 2, and 3 maps along with gorge. And he's not taking into account you can trade up maps levels, etc.

Still trying to find out if you answered my question or not. The only thing I know is that I wasn't oversimplyfying anything, I just asked a question.
Wow, I was pretty sure it would be fucked up and weighed against the players, but not to this extent. This is supposed to be one of the most exciting releases. It makes even a Mexican Wall appealing.

"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
Looks extremely abusive,

Buy a Gorge (or similar)
Only Gorge can drop or Maps next to it, done

Racers will hit 100 much faster, hope GGG will fix that, would be otherwise really boring.

Also this mechanic will kill the Carto-Box and Uber Izaro Map Treasure-Box or am i Wrong?

I like the Atlas, giving the Player a Direction of Progress, but it takes the RNG we all Love (and Hate).

Which is exactly why they moved it up the tier ladder making it even rarer (T15 iirc). They said the amount of unlocked maps doesn't change how many of a specific tier you'll get. Basically it means you'll get 2000 T1 maps before you see another Gorge, if the old numbers are any indication. And don't forget that old restrictions still apply, so you will have to farm Tier-2 maps if you want more Gorges. Pier / Strand / Promenade maybe though.

Still the only thing that changed in this cheap ass system is that you basically have to grind the same boring ass map over and over to progress (or just buy it from someone else like before). Self found is fucked. Want to throw some unique maps with friends? Tough luck, back to farming, 80% of them are shit anyway. Tired of farming for the next tier on the same map? Better buy it and then back to farming the same garbage layout. Gj.

Guys, the "control" you are looking forward to is an illusion, it is weighed against you. Yes, racers are gonna race, but they aren't magically giving you more than before. Even if that sweet T15 Gorge gives 100x more xp than before, you'll have to farm twice of that in shitier layouts now.
Everything you need to know about AoW:

1. Farm merc dried lake and stock a few chaos.
2. Go poe.xyz and buy gorge/canyon/waterways with your chaos.
3. put some iiq mods on your gorge/canyon/waterways.
4. Run ONLY gorge/canyon/waterways.
5. Don't even bother touching any of the other 97 horrid maps in the pool, or you'll ruin your account forever.

Awesome work GGG!!! Now i will finally be able to reach level 100!!
Last edited by IronSteel on Aug 24, 2016, 1:06:16 PM
my question is about ubers. usually drops t12-t15 maps. does this mean i have to get those maps somewhere else and run them all before my ubers runs can start paying off in map drops?
Can someone please summarize how we can possibly ruin the account?
The thing that worries me is this change to how maps drop only if you've been there or are directly connected. This means that the +2 map chance is now basically worthless for a large part of your mapping time. It can't give you maps you haven't been to or aren't touching so unless you're on a map two tiers lower than your highest completion the +2 chance can't even go off. >=\ Who the hell is going go down in tiers when the new system lets us have a chance at knowing what maps will drop if we stay at our highest tier?

"
IronSteel wrote:
Everything you need to know about AoW:

1. Farm merc dried lake and stock a few chaos.
2. Go poe.xyz and buy gorge/canyon/waterways with your chaos.
3. put some iiq mods on your gorge/canyon/waterways.
4. Run ONLY gorge/canyon/waterways.
5. Don't even bother touching any of the other 97 horrid maps in the pool, or you'll ruin your account forever.

Awesome work GGG!!! Now i will finally be able to reach level 100!!

Except for the whole part where all those maps got moved around and may have been reworked to compensate for their tier changes. Gorge is t12 or 13 now if I remember right. May have finally put in a boss of respectable worth instead of Not Kraityn.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
"
acme_myst wrote:
"
Taddis5 wrote:
Can't be arsed with the forcing "most efficient" path on the atlas . I may brick my account , but gating myself from game content sounds no fun at all.

Really? I mean, I get what you're saying, and I'm really hyped about the new content, including new high-level bossfights that I'd love to try my characters on.

But if the price for accessing those fights is literally turning half the Gorges that I find into Orchards, for---get this---every character I'll every play, for the entire remaining lifetime of PoE... Then those new bosses can fuck right the hell off.

Kinda some backwards thinking but if you are farming gorges and don't want orchards, can't you just upgrade the orchard so its too high of a map level to find?
I have to say this sounds like the best EP so far ever!
The only thing is doesn't actually answer is whether the atlas is char. or league specific. I will assume league from the sound of it but it's not spelled out.

Also, can anyone tell us if we are getting a passive reset? Again, I want to assume yes, since we always have in the past but sometimes things change.
Censored.
It is account wide per league.

Once more.... Can someone please summarize how we can possibly ruin the account?
Can you run all that info by me again you lost me

So maps are harder to get before you do low tier ones?

What is the point of whatever this system is? seems like alot of junk for nothing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info