Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
BoondockSaint wrote:
So as i see it, best way for people like me that would want to play only good maps is to wait for few days, watch streamers play maps and see which maps have best layouts and are best in general, then buy those maps and get only good maps as drops. To not miss out on map drops unlock 1 map in each tier, or more if there are more good maps in same tier. If you don't unlock every tier than it is possible if rng decides that T6 map will drop and you have 0 T6 unlocked, you will get nothing.

Anyone see any flaws with this?

Are you sure about this?

Don't you need to unlock the map first on your personal Atlas? The way I see it is that if you simply buy a T15 and run that, it will only be able to drop new T1 maps because the T15 map node won't be unlocked on your Atlas since it is not connected to a path of unlocked nodes that leads to one of the 4 starting points.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Odd design choices lately from GGG, wherein they seem to be okay with rewarding players for skipping content. First the lab where the most popular / efficient way to run it is to ignore all content and now it appears that the atlas can be gamed to narrow maps drops to only those you want to run, thereby possibly making more efficient to NOT complete the atlas.

Not saying this is objectively good or bad, but certainly odd, at least to me.

Hopefully, the most rewards can be reaped by, ya know, actually playing as many maps as possible...I do think people are freaking out a little much without enough data to justify the level of freak. That means folks are passionate about the game though, so GGG should dig it and hopefully clarify a few more details.

"
Reinhart wrote:
Don't you need to unlock the map first on your personal Atlas? The way I see it is that if you simply buy a T15 and run that, it will only be able to drop new T1 maps...

No. When you buy a map and complete it, it unlocks.

"
Chris wrote:
You can trade for maps and play them regardless of which ones you've previously completed. If you trade for a map and complete it then it unlocks on your Atlas, even if it's not connected to any other ones.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
Don't you need to unlock the map first on your personal Atlas? The way I see it is that if you simply buy a T15 and run that, it will only be able to drop new T1 maps...

No. When you buy a map and complete it, it unlocks.

"
Chris wrote:
You can trade for maps and play them regardless of which ones you've previously completed. If you trade for a map and complete it then it unlocks on your Atlas, even if it's not connected to any other ones.

Thanks for showing.

That is a very weird design choice that opens up too many loopholes. It goes against the entire train of thought to unlock the Atlas map laterally. You should only be able to unlock maps that are near previous nodes that are already unlocked. This would mean that all these high tier legacy maps would only drop T1 maps in the beginning. But so what? It would be a new and refreshing system that would force all accounts to start at one of the starting points.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Aug 24, 2016, 2:01:26 PM
.... looks like people are missing the point...
i think the point is, we could make like ALL the maps tier 15.. or 16 i guess?
so then, we could run ALL the maps and its not pointless

running JUST gorge gets BORING AS HELL.. and if you JUST want to run Gorge, yeah guess you can do that, sure

tropical island isnt that bad, but its tier 1 now, so its pointless to run, but..
now we can have a tier 15 tropical island

this atlas thing makes it so we can play all the maps, more variety ..

and like farming Crypts for Celestial Justicar ... we can make Crypt be tier 15, so then we actually get XP from it

"

Run ONLY gorge/canyon/waterways

waterways sucks compared to tropical island..
Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 24, 2016, 1:57:41 PM
I understand correctly - if i play only gorge maps, only gorge maps will drop?
"
CaoMengde wrote:
i think the point is, we could make like ALL the maps tier 15.. or 16 i guess?
so then, we could run ALL the maps and its not pointless

running JUST gorge gets BORING AS HELL.. and if you JUST want to run Gorge, yeah guess you can do that, sure

tropical island isnt that bad, but its tier 1 now, so its pointless to run, but..

this atlas thing makes it so we can play all the maps, more variety ..

and like farming Crypts for Celestial Justicar ... we can make Crypt be tier 15, so then we actually get XP from it

"

Run ONLY gorge/canyon/waterways

waterways sucks compared to tropical island..

Reread the whole post. It adds 5 levels when they become "shaped", that's it. A tier 1 map cannot become a tier 15 one.

Also, tropical island is now a tier 8 map or so.
"
CaoMengde wrote:
[..]

Note that you have a limited amount of Shaper's Orbs, and a Map can only be shaped once.
"
ZenEnott wrote:
Once more.... Can someone please summarize how we can possibly ruin the account?
From what I understand:
If you run a Dungeon Map (which is most likely t4), every time a tier 4 map drops it has a chance to be a Dungeon instead of, say, an Academy or Vaal Pyramid.
However, if you never complete a Dungeon, they can only drop from Arid Lake (t3, 8 when Shaped) and Dunes (t5/10) Maps.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 24, 2016, 2:04:39 PM
"
Note that you have a limited amount of Shaper's Orbs, and a Map can only be shaped once.

wow thats dumb as fuck..

yeah i guess.. just do gorge then

Tier 13 tropical island tho thats pretty cool

... if you could make all 100 maps the tiers of your choosing, it would be like 1000000x better
adds variety, adds fun, increases player longevity, probably increases sales

...you can pay me now GGG lol

what is the purpose Not to?? .. hmm allowing a new character for the account applicable maps, yeah thats true... maybe then make the Regret cost much lower?

limiting itemLevel drops? sure... but that doesnt make a whole lot of sense.. people just run high tiers anyway, and be limited to like 10 maps

you are just limiting players' fun and variety...
REALLY STUPID!!!
Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 24, 2016, 2:30:00 PM
Once again GGG has done it. Made something too complicated for people to understand.

I love this game!

You guys that are confused, just wait and play and it will all become clear.
Remember how confused people were about Prophecy? And that was just a league. This is an EP.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Aug 24, 2016, 2:11:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info