Detailed Atlas Mechanics

"
CaoMengde wrote:
"
Note that you have a limited amount of Shaper's Orbs, and a Map can only be shaped once.

wow thats dumb as fuck..

yeah i guess.. just do gorge then

Tier 13 tropical island tho thats pretty cool

... if you could make all 100 maps the tiers of your choosing, it would be like 1000000x better
adds variety, adds fun, increases player longevity, probably increases sales

...you can pay me now GGG lol

what is the purpose Not to?? .. hmm allowing a new character for the account applicable maps, yeah thats true... maybe then make the Regret cost much lower?

limiting itemLevel drops? sure... but that doesnt make a whole lot of sense.. people just run high tiers anyway, and be limited to like 10 maps

you are just limiting players' fun and variety...
REALLY STUPID!!!

You know what's stupid? What if I was allowed to do this and I shaped all of the t10 maps. What happens when the game attempts to drop a t10 map when there is no t10 maps in my pool.....

That's why they limit it......
Really stupid right?
People with Atlas will get better bonuses, while guys with Gorges will join party with them to get additional boosts :P So actually people, who will chose completing Atlas could be in a better position, doing service for ones looking for boosting Gorges!
Last edited by Gosen on Aug 24, 2016, 2:55:09 PM
"
vio wrote:
unlocking only some selected maps will heavily decrease your map drop chance.

It's not so much about not unlocking anything - that's just foolish. It's about limiting drops in the tiers where it "matters". I'd imagine something like the following:

All four t1's: these will always drop, there's no downside.
All four t15's: you need these for the Guardian fights, they're all going to be valuable drops.
Multiples of t2-t10: they're going to drop anyways, might as well get %More Maps. *
A couple Unique maps: they should be decent now that their tiers aren't low.
A couple of each t11-14: But just the ones you want to run.

* = every Map here can be selected for a base item drop (Shaping targets), for tier-upgrading, and for leveling characters (these latter two also go towards Chisel recipes).

All in all, it should be easy to select 30 Maps to unlock - a full Atlas drops ~50% more Maps but ~70% of those will be less desirable.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 24, 2016, 2:56:56 PM
pls add some trolling to the maps. for example 'find the map item' mission from zana in the tainted paradise, or a sextent mod that imbues the map with all the previous league mods (perandus, beyond, warband, onslaught, and so on)
one thing I am not sure about..
say you optimize your mapping so only a certain t12 and t13 drops, buying them, and the 4 t1s that are always open are the only othe roptions..
now rng determines a map drops.
people are assuming this will mean one of the above drops, which might be wrong.
it may also be rng says a map will drop, then a second roll gives the Tier, say t4
then it picks from the maps u have open,
I really dont think if a t4 was to drop but you only have t13 open, this will magically change into t13.
ggg will likely either " nothing drops" or a t1 drops which is the only map u have of a tier equal or below what the drop was supposed to be.

it is quite common when u are running t12 for t11 -t9 to drop, will all these be converted to t1 by the game?
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
Regardless of being tier specific for drop rates (eg: you could just do Gorge for tier 9 and get only Gorge drops for tier 9 maps, but other tier drops are unaffected)...

"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
While Casual/ Unaware Players will mess up their Atlas.
"
IronSteel wrote:
4. Run ONLY gorge/canyon/waterways.
5. Don't even bother touching any of the other 97 horrid maps in the pool, or you'll ruin your account forever.
You are all running with the assumption that the rest of us want to run only quick-clear maps and nothing else. How naive and narrow-minded that opinion is. The rest of us enjoy content and would be bored to tears running quick-clear maps over and over again.

No thank you, I will unlock my entire Atlas and have fun doing it. Because adding percents to map drop or choosing specific maps for certain tiers doesn't really concern me. I'm not here to progress as fast as possible through end-game with my characters.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 24, 2016, 3:36:44 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Regardless of being tier specific for drop rates (eg: you could just do Gorge for tier 9 and get only Gorge drops for tier 9 maps, but other tier drops are unaffected)...

"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
While Casual/ Unaware Players will mess up their Atlas.
"
IronSteel wrote:
4. Run ONLY gorge/canyon/waterways.
5. Don't even bother touching any of the other 97 horrid maps in the pool, or you'll ruin your account forever.
You are all running with the assumption that the rest of us want to run only quick-clear maps and nothing else. How naive and narrow-minded that opinion is. The rest of us enjoy content and would be bored to tears running quick-clear maps over and over again.

No thank you, I will unlock my entire Atlas and have fun doing it. Because adding percents to map drop or choosing specific maps for certain tiers doesn't really concern me. I'm not here to progress as fast as possible through end-game with my characters.

Pretty much agree with this. I don't need to be super efficient, couldn't care less about racing to Lvl 100
I think the majority of the talk about abuse will not play out to be the clever way to play it in practice. I do think GGG should do 1 thing though, and that is give a vendor recipe with an appropriate cost to reset your entire atlas, losing you all the upgrades etc you made. That one simple thing makes a lot of this talk irrelevant.

"
morbo wrote:
"
acme_myst wrote:
"

I also doubt that we are going to be allowed to cherry pick maps via trade. GGG would be stupid to allow us to 100% optimize our map pool. I, like other people, bet that when you unlock a high tier map via trade that it burrows a path back to the nearest t1.

Agreed there.

Which then implies that you cannot unlock, for instance, the new Guardian fights without screwing up your T12-T15 map pool at the account level.

Rich players will be able to buy T15 maps and play only those 4 maps, to get access to T16 guardians and farm Shaper. You dont have to complete any other map on the Atlas, ever. You sell T14 drops from T15, to help you buy more T15.

I dont think this really works out to be smart.

The result compared to someone with a full atlas unlock will be that you get less T16 maps dropping, less T15 maps dropping, less T14 maps dropping and no T2-13 maps which you can sell for money if you trade, and you need to trade to skip tiers in the first place. If you unlocked the entire atlas and then simply dont pick up anything lower than a T14 map you will end up picking up more maps than someone who has done what you just described, and hence get more guardian fights. If your goal is maximum wealth and maximum access to the guardians then I think full atlas unlock is the smart way to go from what I can see.

I think there are some ways you can game the atlas to your advantage, but only from a personal taste level. As soon as you bring in the word trade then you will be better off completing the entire atlas in terms of what is smart money wise. Is that smart for your preference though? What if I dont want to just sell all the bad maps and buy the good maps, even though I trade and it makes more money sense to unlock the whole thing? Well, then you can 'game' the atlas system to suit what you want in this regard. You are willing to accept you get less map drops of every tier in order to avoid certain map drops? Ok well if thats how you want to play the game then this system offers you that choice. If you think in terms of xp per hour even though its technically losing you wealth you will be able to race faster by gaming the atlas or simply have a more enjoyable experience then here is a way to play the system to get what you want.

I dont see whats wrong with that, a lot of people are saying "you can abuse the system!", well what you mean is that you can play it a certain way to get a desired result. Its a game about giving you a million options, you find that 1 best option for you and use it to get what you want, thats essentially the entire game. Right now we have just random as fk drops, theyre adding a way to play it, control it through logic, how is that not great?

I didnt hear anything about being able to downgrade maps using a recipe before today. Its something many ppl have mentioned could be a problem, and now theres a recipe. Was that always intended or did they read feedback and say yeah, I can see a reason why certain ppl might want to downgrade their map again, we will add a vendor cost to do that. Theyre reading this now, all they have to do is put a recipe in to reset ur atlas and then none of this matters. You want to get more of certain maps to drop at the expense of your overall drop rate for that tier? Well theyre giving you a way to scheme your way to get exactly that, and its what you want, so thats a good thing right?

Personally Ive read all the stuffs, seen what all you are saying, Ill be unlocking the entire thing and then vendoring up the maps I dont like until they become something I do like, just as I always have. Thats the way I play now, its the way I like to play and it makes the most sense economically for me to do that. For the gorge chainers they may well have a different take, different strategy, different goals. This is a whole new angle for play. I dont think its broken, we simply have a level of control to tailor our mapping experience, I do think it changes the way we think about endgame maps.
"
ZenEnott wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
CaoMengde wrote:
.... looks like people are missing the point...
[..]
now we can have a tier 15 tropical island

Note that you have a limited amount of Shaper's Orbs, and a Map can only be shaped once.
"
ZenEnott wrote:
Once more.... Can someone please summarize how we can possibly ruin the account?
From what I understand:
If you run a Dungeon Map (which is most likely t4), every time a tier 4 map drops it has a chance to be a Dungeon instead of, say, an Academy or Vaal Pyramid.
However, if you never complete a Dungeon, they can only drop from Arid Lake (t3, 8 when Shaped) and Dunes (t5/10) Maps.

So, by ruin - people mean - we can accidentally complete, say, Dungeon and it now drops for all accounts (as it used to be before). If we didn't complete it - it can't drop other than in its adjacent maps - thus improving the chances for other, better maps?

So, ruin = make it work as intended and as it is today?

Yes,that's how you "ruin" your atlas.
I think i'm gonna open whole atlas on main account and have a second to only farm t14 - t15 bosses and shaper.
GGG had a very nice idea with this atlas thing but once again it's more beneficial to trade and not run the whole content than complete the atlas.
I don't need t2 - t9 maps and now i can completely skip them.
That's poor design imo,no motive to actualy run the whole content.
How do you even set a second account? Is that allowed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info