Concerns related to the Russian merge

"
PyleWarlord wrote:
nobody considered the possibility that maybe those Russian alt.art owners could actually be proud of their items and go "fuck it these are more valuable than the other crappy ones, no way that we are going to sell these for lower price", and then the prizes actually go up??

you silly people... xD

When you start off your thinking pattern with "nobody considered" then I hate to break it to you, YOU are the one not doing the considering here.

Garena PoE had a different standard for alt-art acquisition which was fine, because they only competed against other Garena-only players. All's good n well.

When you introduced much-more-easily-acquired items into a market, people that might have been saving 495 exa for an alt-art item, now can get it for significantly less. Plus, the currency goes to a person that spent way less effort to acquire said item.

That is simply wrong. If you choose to play on the Dallas-based servers, you do so knowing that owning an alt-art item required you to have acquired X amount of points, not the 70% of X Garena races required (this doesn't even take into consideration that it took fewer races to acquire the 70% of X).

This is unfortunate, but the easily-acquired items and their owners should accrue no benefit at the expense of people that worked harder for longer, simple as that.
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Aug 3, 2016, 8:46:56 PM
TLDR:

lol wut concerns?

address's it but goes through with everything stated earlier concerning merge

@current alt art holders

GGG: lel rekt nerds

did i get it all correct?
inb4 : pnR + ray thread name

"WTB Taryn's, Reaper and AA demigods - offer actual price reduced by 2 mirrors - topkek".

In 1 week all really valuable and available stuff is in flipper hands anyways and the price is back to normal (INSANITY) and rotting in their stash until GGG closes servers in 10 years.

/close thread

Last edited by h4llowerner on Aug 4, 2016, 4:56:10 AM
First they make the game easier, then they make all drops dogshit common, then perandus, shitloads of divination cards, ascendancy classes without keeping mobs in line and now this.

There's literally nothing left for people who want a chase. let alone a game that's actually remotely hard.

If this actually happens i'll probably sell my account and buy a fucking Ferrari.

They should get their heads out of their asses and replace the rewards they had with the rewards we had.

Hoping for private servers/offline client at this point..

Last edited by Eleziel on Aug 4, 2016, 7:12:22 AM
Wow. The replies on this thread went downhill fast. It's like people just suspended reason. Here's a great example.

"
Hallalster wrote:
All those people with pitchforks wanting to make Russian items untradable.

So assuming a game was developed by a Russian company and was published by a western publisher, then they merge and decide to make all your special items untradable. That will be fair and you will be happy about it, right? RIGHT?

I didn't think so, now get the F out and take your self entitlement with you.

Where do we begin...?

For a start that analogy has nothing to do with what many people are saying, because that analogy strips away most of the relevant real world context of the debate. For example it strips away the fact that the Russian servers were a place where you could earn a limited edition MTX reward at a later date and under significantly easier circumstances. Yeah, so add that circumstance to the analogy and it seems perfectly reasonable to me to make the Westerners' items untradable, if the Russian players earned them earlier, under the impression they were limited, and under fairer circumstances. You can't just invent an example and try and use it as an analogy if the example you invented has virtually no relevant similarities to the example under discussion.

Then there's the clear insinuation that the persons complaining are all self entitled.

Spoiler
"
Hallalster wrote:
I didn't think so, now get the F out and take your self entitlement with you.

Great. Everyone complaining is self-entitled. Nice. I'm glad Hallalster is smart enough to be able to read the minds of all those complaining about the solution. I hadn't realised that I was actually just vocalising my self-entitlement, and that I wasn't simply trying discuss things like balance, fairness, equity, integrity of competition, costs and benefits, etc. etc. Thank God he's not like us mere mortals. Nice contribution to the debate...

The other flavour of the week simplifying narrative (NB this is not a narrative in Hallalster's comment, to their credit) is that the complainants are some sort of racist or xenophobic mob. Also great. This particular strategy is fun because it means you don't even have to read the contents of what people are saying in order to respond to them. Complaining? Must be a racist. Don't want Russian alt art to be tradable? Must be a xenophobe who hates Russians.

Even if I disagree with GGG's approach here the responses on this thread make me feel good about the fact the decision is out of our hands and that this isn't a democracy.
Last edited by Seeley on Aug 4, 2016, 10:32:56 AM
Could not care any less about alt art and whatnot.

More players online = yay.
"
fACElol wrote:
Could not care any less about alt art and whatnot.

More players online = yay.

And like most of the other people here, you would, if this merge would affect you ;)
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Damn took me like 2 hours to read all posts here :P
And actually im surprised that only 1 post was about create additional server/realm for Garena players.
For me it seems the best solution, there are hundreds online games that control like 10+ different servers/realms.
Every1 will be happy. Garena players will get their server/realm not changed at all, they keep all items/mtx they have and they will stay in same playerbase and will have exactly same game experience like nothing happened and Garena Cis still work.
Our players here will not be affected cause no merge - no problems. Only GGG will take some cost a bit to run additional server/realm but it will be covered with ease selling much more supporter packs if every1 happy.
Or maybe im wrong and its hard to do? But then why it worked so far and we got this international realm and four garena and China. And it works great for many other online games.

--- JOIN THE CLUB ---
Collect alternate arts / race rewards
They look so nice and its value never go down

:(
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"

--- JOIN THE CLUB ---
Collect alternate arts / race rewards
They look so nice and its value never go down

:(

Yea kinda not accurate in present situation lol