Concerns related to the Russian merge

Don't let this game get ruined by russians as well please... see what counterstrike has become for europeans...

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓
/vote for close
"
As a matter of fact, we are the host and the Russian Garena community is the guest. Now GGG wants the "guest" to join with the host with full welfare and let the host take on all the burden and penalties. Shouldn't that be vice versa?

No, it should not be, because you are missing something:
We are a PoE-realm created by GGG, the players are the guests, GGG is the host. And all realms are created equal, you know!?!
So when the time and circumstances arise to make GGG merge two of THEIR realms, we, the players, still remain guests and are still treated equal.

Like it fucking should be!
"
Cactus_CZ wrote:
"
D_bak wrote:
This is a huge "fuck you" to ALL racers in INT, not just the old racers like Mors. Why the fuck would I want to continue dragging myself up at stupid hours everyday for a race here when I can just hop on to Garena SEA to get the race rewards with next to 0 effort?

This RU merge will set a precedence for future garena merges (which I am sure will happen since Garena SEA is more or less a ghost town right now)

I understand GGG is caught between a rock and a hard place. Its either they piss us off or they piss off the garena players. And they chose to sacrifice us (their main crowd).

Oh man, that's exactly what I'm worried about aswell. It CAN happen again anytime.

I have absolutely no problem with the hardcore racers going over to Garena SEA to win "big" there. Leaves more chances for us back home. And if they want to win shit now to gamble on a possible future merger in 2 years or something...

You guys have too much time on your hands, that's the real problem!
Alright I'm going to chime in here for a second. (Typing and melting under the mediterranean sun)

Concerning the russian race rewards, I feel there is a fairer solution that could be applied that seems like a good compromise between international realm and russian garena players.

You cannnot take away all their race rewards since they did race for them on their respective server. The entire problem (and also the reason I guess why so many players are not satisfied with the current solution) can be rooted back to the simple fact that race rewards of old seasons were re-introduced in newer seasons. Hell even pvp-rewards were used! Sorry for my harsh words but that is a bit of a fuck-up. No idea who was responsible for that. This should have never happened. Garena ran 5 race seasons I believe: from Emberwake to Winterheart? I think there would be far less complaining if the same point structure and the same rewards were adopted from the international realm. All this drama could have been avoided in such a case if a merge was needed.

Racing in older seasons was a lot harder than today. Less race-modes giving you a lot of points. Dying meant getting no points at all. No skill gems that you could instantly buy at the npc vendor. Less power creep overall. That is mainly the reason why these older items are so much more valuable. If these can then be obtained in a much easier way, it instantly devalues them and so the prestige that comes with them. No one cares about your gold medal if everyone can get the same one but much easier. The symbolic meaning behind the reward will always be equated to the lowest common denominator or the easiest way how it was obtained.

The fairest solution by far would be to give garena players all the proper rewards BUT according to the international realm point system . This means that, depending on the points aqcuired for each season (from Emberwake to Winterheart), they are eligible to all the rewards as if they had played on the international realm.

The current solution as posted by GGG rightfully takes into account the time and effort spent by the russian garena playerbase but it doesn't take into account your older players without any ingame compensation whatsoever. I have a feeling they are just left wondering in the dust.

Another matter. If this fair solution can not be implemented, the following question arises: shouldn't everyone, who participated between Emberwake and Winterheart, not be eligible to the same rewards as the russian garena players?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Aug 3, 2016, 11:31:00 AM
"
t_golgari wrote:

I have absolutely no problem with the hardcore racers going over to Garena SEA to win "big" there. Leaves more chances for us back home. And if they want to win shit now to gamble on a possible future merger in 2 years or something...

You guys have too much time on your hands, that's the real problem!

I don't simply like to farm my ass off for years to get something really nice, hopefully invest my wealth in it aswell, and then get shitted on me with more of them added. I'm not racer myself, I'm a simple player and farmer.
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Last edited by Cactus_CZ on Aug 3, 2016, 11:28:10 AM
The decision for Alternate Art race rewards is definitely the toughest one, but I think the solution proposed by Chris is the best compromise.

Almost any other solution that was proposed by others in this thread would just be unfair for the Russian players.
"
player159632 wrote:
Don't let this game get ruined by russians as well please... see what counterstrike has become for europeans...

I love the russian ppl, the history also the language. I have some russian parents and friends but as videogamer my truth is simple: russian ppl are the ruin for many online games. I want to say GG to GGG, they have ruined also this game with this move and they have smacked (again) the face of the standard economy ruining the whole market with a tons of currency and alt-art items not needed.
"
Reinhart wrote:

The fairest solution by far would be to give garena players all the proper rewards BUT according to the international realm point system . This means that, depending on the points aqcuired for each season (from Emberwake to Winterheart), they are eligible to all the rewards as if they had played on the international realm.

Another matter. If this fair solution can not be implemented, the following question arises: shouldn't everyone, who participated between Emberwake and Winterheart, not be eligible to the same rewards as the russian garena players?

Hey Reinhart old man, I didn't know you were still around ;-)

Two things to consider:
As I understand it, you did need less points to win stuff, but there where also less races going on to actually win them.
Secondly: I think they won some old alt art stuff to ki9nda compensate for the fact that they had a hard time to participate in the oldr seasons on the EU servers. So it was a try to be fair to THEm thing. And I think they didn't get other stuff we got instead, right?

Anyways, I expressed my feelings and thoughts on this matter multiple times now, I just think there should be no place for xenophobia in a videogame community, period. Let's just come together and hate Piety instead.
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Woodcutta wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:

You guys are so xenophobic, biggoted and heartless, you don't even recognise it!

Please explain to me how wanting to speak English in an English channel in chat is "xenophobic, biggoted, and heartless". I don't speak any other languages so when I want to trade with someone or just talk with another person I would like to actually, you know, communicate with that person.

See? You don't even recognise it!

YOU want to speak english, because YOU can't speak another language. So everybody else, who might be able to speak two languages, or even only his mother tongue, should stay out of YOUR chat, right?

That, my friend, is the textbook definition of xenophobia and racism!!

When GGG says hat russian pplayers will be put in primarily russian instances, you will probably never meet them anyways. And IF you do, then probably because either you want to buy something from them, or they from you. And you know what? The conversation will probably be in english...

There are multiple instances in the game right now, with normal global chat and stuff, where players talk in different languages, and you don't ever see that.

So stop complaining and trying to keep players out of what you think is YOUR game. Because it is, in fact, not!

Apparently you missed the entire point of my post. If I go to an English channel I SHOULD expect to communicate in English not another language. If both people are fine speaking in another language good for them but I literally can't. So, if I want to communicate with someone it HAS to be in English. I'm not saying keep the Russians away from MY chat and neither was the person you originally responded to as he was referring to abuse (ie spam). It is similar to poker where if you go play a poker tourney or cash game in the U.S. it is English only at the table (I know, it is mainly to prevent collusion/cheating). In other countries, you can use the predominant language and English as I'm sure in some countries it is only the predominant language. That isn't "zenophobic, biggoted or heartless". It is a communication issue. Period.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info