Concerns related to the Russian merge

"
Chris wrote:

Alternate Art Items
Some Russian race rewards required fewer points to earn than on our realm and awarded alternate art unique items that are very valuable. In a few cases, there are more of these items on the Russian realm than there are on our realm. Moving these over to Standard will affect the value of the existing ones.

This is a real concern, especially because those items were fairly earned by the Russian players, so we're not going to take them away because that would be unfair. To address this, we will mark the Russian versions of these alternate art items as Russian items. They're still fully tradeable and useable, but are clearly marked as different than the ones originally given out on our realm.

(If you're interested in how this decision was made, we have referred back to the original inspiration for these items - alternate art promotional trading cards. We've kept an avid watch on how game economies react to alternate art cards or items, especially when there's an influx of copies printed in foreign languages. An example is English vs. Italian Magic: the Gathering cards from the Legends expansion, for example. The English ones are worth a lot more, and players who want a card that functions similarly but is slightly more available can purchase the Italian version. The presence of foreign cards has in some cases increased the value of the rarer-and-original versions.)

The Russia team ran their Path of Exile realm with pride and with a lot of consideration for their userbase. We're very happy to take it over and want to provide a good home for their community.

Chris, thanks for your time to write a development manifesto about this issue - i think it will be appreciated.

As you tackle every concern made in your post i don't think people will be satisfied with your solution regarding alt art items.

PoE is very similar to Magic: The Gathering for sure, but it is no trading card game! A trading card player can clearly see when he plays/trades with an opponent if he owns a very valuable "legacy/vintage" card when he looks over the table.
On the other hand in PoE nobody can actually see if the alternate art item a other player has equiped/skin transfered over one of his items is a russian one or a international server one - the both look exactly the same when equiped!

This is a difficult situation to face and i think players understand that aspect - GGG can't dedicate the time to make major visual differences to those item typs, because that would cost resources. On the other hand players will feel betrayed by GGG when suddenly triple the amount of those very rare items are in the game, which should not ever be obtainable again.

People dedicated a lot of time to get those and they should feel rewarded for that imho.

PS: I don't own many alt art items myself and i don't own any high end ones. I am personaly not that invested in alt art items but i can see when someone who worked really hard for those gets really really upset when the servers merge.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Aug 2, 2016, 5:50:48 PM
Make alt arts not tradable
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Making alt arts non-tradeable reduces their value to effectively zero.

Who would want that?
Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
So many cry babies. Honestly if people are willing to quit over alt-arts good riddance.
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
I agree with all points made in te manifesto (although I wish that bizarre pet was removed:p). Once more GGG proved how awesome company they are.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
LostArtz wrote:
So many cry babies. Honestly if people are willing to quit over alt-arts good riddance.

0 Lifetime points and let me guess, you don't really own any higher ticket alt arts, right? Makes sense.
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Last edited by Cactus_CZ on Aug 2, 2016, 6:21:20 PM
rip alt art :(
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 2, 2016, 6:46:03 PM
"
Chris wrote:

Alternate Art Items
[...]mark the Russian versions of these alternate art items as Russian items. They're still fully tradeable and useable[...]

But they are usefull STILL SKIN TRANSFERS that damaging the worth of the old ones

Problem is not solved

______

Edit:
Why do you even immigrate the russian realm?
Their version was ruined by CIS Garena and now you are the ones who need to care if they fucked up?
Last edited by _DavidAegis_ on Aug 2, 2016, 6:41:55 PM
"
_DavidAegis_ wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Alternate Art Items
[...]mark the Russian versions of these alternate art items as Russian items. They're still fully tradeable and useable[...]

But they are STILL SKIN TRANSFERS that damaging the worth of the old ones

Problem is not solved

lol

210 alt art reaper

272 alt art death bow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info