Concerns related to the Russian merge

"
Sawm wrote:

How is more people being able to look good actually mater? what kind of fucked up priorities do you have? oh your a flipper or someshit? that why this maters? those russians are literally entitled as much as you are to keeping there stuff...a tragedy happened and your all complaining about your valueables, do you think they want to merge come here and have completely shit on there current economy with our disgusting standard? to come play with people who 100% cant understand a fucking word they say.

You've made interesting guesses there, keep it going man ;)

"
Sawm wrote:

Collector who cares that his item is worth less? from what i understand you dont need value to what you collect, people collect valueless rocks.

people who saved/invested should understand that anything is possible, anyday someone who had hundreds of these could flood the market back up ANYDAY this time the difference is people knew WAYYY in advance, this is 1000x better then unknown market manipulation that already happens with those race items...you dont know shit...

Meanwhile you are just wildly guessing stuff.

1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Last edited by Cactus_CZ on Aug 2, 2016, 7:08:00 PM
rip
Raxas. <3
"
Chris wrote:

Alternate Art Items
Some Russian race rewards required fewer points to earn than on our realm and awarded alternate art unique items that are very valuable. In a few cases, there are more of these items on the Russian realm than there are on our realm. Moving these over to Standard will affect the value of the existing ones.

This is a real concern, especially because those items were fairly earned by the Russian players, so we're not going to take them away because that would be unfair. To address this, we will mark the Russian versions of these alternate art items as Russian items. They're still fully tradeable and useable, but are clearly marked as different than the ones originally given out on our realm.

(If you're interested in how this decision was made, we have referred back to the original inspiration for these items - alternate art promotional trading cards. We've kept an avid watch on how game economies react to alternate art cards or items, especially when there's an influx of copies printed in foreign languages. An example is English vs. Italian Magic: the Gathering cards from the Legends expansion, for example. The English ones are worth a lot more, and players who want a card that functions similarly but is slightly more available can purchase the Italian version. The presence of foreign cards has in some cases increased the value of the rarer-and-original versions.)

The Russia team ran their Path of Exile realm with pride and with a lot of consideration for their userbase. We're very happy to take it over and want to provide a good home for their community.

Will this mark be retained throughout other changes to the item, i.e. corruption into a rare?
Stop acting like bullies people.

Their servers got closed they are being moved they didn't ask for this. Its like a kid's parents move cities & the kid is sent to new school just to find out all other kids want his lunch to be taken away.

1. its a game & if they sell or skin transfer how does it makes yours less valuable or shiny? its not like every one of them have alt arts, if more demi's/alt arts comes so will be more players to buy them.

2. They earned them fairly as GGG already stated. No one deserves to take it away, they worked for it, They woke up in middle of night just like us to run the races. Sure some had less requirements, still it was earned fairly & not their fault. Garena server staff ran those race rewards.

3. Legacies already made standard as intolerable as it could be, you don't like these inflated/crazy economies, Play the damn challenge/temp leagues.

4. MTX pets will stay on their realm & even then most likely they will buy new pets & use them. Just like us, they r probably bored from old pets.

5. I say it again, they didn't choose to migrate. How would you feel if tables were turned & we had move to other servers & they were like nope.

Think about it rationally rather than mindlessly keep saying OMG don't do this.
These all sound fair to me.
Theopolis Expats Unite!
I have always loved and respected PoE community since it's one of the bast game communities i have been a part of. I always tried to treat people of PoE with respect and i admire the effort that GGG putting in this game. But the amount of crap that pouring into forums and reddit because of a transfer just blows my mind. I play on original servers since CBT and never wanted to play on RU servers even thought i live in Russia but some people preferred those server and should not pay a price for that. They have put a lot of effort in getting alt art items or MXT or whatever they have got from it. Saying that those items should not be tradeable are really hypocritical and overall rude. I hope that community will find a way to see beyond greed and self interest. And will greet people, that love this game in the same way you all are, with proper manners and respect.
IGN PandaSuit
Last edited by PandaSuit on Aug 2, 2016, 7:24:56 PM
although i hate that garemon pet with passion i think that your treatment of russian players is just fair. and i must say i expected no less from you.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I did not consider that the red spacemen will tend to stay on the Russian gateways. This might be adequate.

If I see one on my gateway I'm killing it, though.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Aug 2, 2016, 7:29:45 PM
I agree, make alt arts non-tradeable. BUT not just their alt arts, ours as well. MAKE IT FAIR! (either that or stop whining that an entire player base should have to lose value and suffer because a few rich collectors want to maintain their exclusive status BS.)
I wanna buy some alt arts :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info