How would you nerf [Reach Of The Council] but still keep it Viable?

so i dont understand why one would say making the bow deal less damage would ruin it but then think giving it support gmp is a good idea.

you do realize doing that is functionally the same as reducing the bows damage by 20 - 30% while also having the excess baggage of high mana cost and the inability to slot the actualy gmp in?

you are basically saying , reducing its damage is bad , so lets reduce its damage , increase its mana cost and restrict its gem options .

I dont know what to say about that line of thought that would not immediately put me on probation

if you want gmp on it so bad then just reduce its damage by 20% and keep the 4 extra arrows . and boom gmp. on da bow while not being on da bow

that is why that suggestion is dumb
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 28, 2016, 10:15:11 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:20:03 PM
indeed,

but i feel it will go legacy. I say this because of all the items that feel like they should be league exclusive the 4 council uniques most characterize that feeling.

much like how the rigwald unique items were exclusive.

we need to keep in mind that folding prophecy into the core game is not the same as folding the individual prophecies into the game.

i fully expect for a bunch of them to be removed from the pool.
Remove the Additional Arrows and replace it with a level 15 GMP. Problem solved. It's base dps is already equal to the top unique bows. It would still be a viable alternative for ES based casters compared to lioneye's vision.

And of course it will go legacy. If GGG had any intention to keep it ingame they'd have done some basic pre-school number crunching.
"
Bananaplasm wrote:
Remove the Additional Arrows and replace it with a level 15 GMP. Problem solved. It's base dps is already equal to the top unique bows. It would still be a viable alternative for ES based casters compared to lioneye's vision.

And of course it will go legacy. If GGG had any intention to keep it ingame they'd have done some basic pre-school number crunching.

ahh i see someone did not read through the thread
for people that still insist this thing is 'ok' (mostly people that wont let it go..) i invite you to get an 'of War' enchant (one that spawns ghost weapons) with RotC. these weapons also fire 5 arrows.

it is incredible bonus to the clear speed as they simply do the mop up and kill all the 3hp leftovers.
"
sidtherat wrote:
for people that still insist this thing is 'ok' (mostly people that wont let it go..) i invite you to get an 'of War' enchant (one that spawns ghost weapons) with RotC. these weapons also fire 5 arrows.

it is incredible bonus to the clear speed as they simply do the mop up and kill all the 3hp leftovers.

Currently using this one instead, but I can see the animate weapon one being good too.

Actually can projectiles chain off the animate weapon one to you?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
sidtherat wrote:

and you get 3 with death's opus and 2 with deaths harp

whats your point?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 28, 2016, 3:25:21 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

and you get 3 with death's opus and 2 with deaths harp

whats your point?

Because neither of those bows are essentially cheap equivalents to what was previously a mirror level harbinger bow (450-500 pdps with 8% crit).

I'm not sure why people are even attempting to defend the bow. It's mathematically broken for how easy it is to obtain. The equivalent would be like if I just started handing out Disfavors on a 72 unique map for shits and giggles.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jul 29, 2016, 3:04:11 AM
Maybe change '+4 arrows' to '+1 arrow per XXX dex/int'?

RotC really OP, but I love my 11-arrows Tornado Shot. With another bow this is impossible.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info