How would you nerf [Reach Of The Council] but still keep it Viable?

"
tmaciak wrote:
"
herflik wrote:
Also if they nerf it, dont leave any legacy versions. Legacy items have terrible impact on newcomers to game.

So many pages, how to nerf temp league item, which will quite probably not drop anyway after 29.08...

It's legacy by default until they add it as divination card or race season reward and those are completely under GGG control.

So what is point in considering how to nerf it?

Because Chris wrote/said that GGG is considering puting Prophercy into main game.
Also no matter if its get added or not, the item is just bad in psychological stand point. I wonder if game industries even hire anybody who is expert in psychology because 50% + success of game is to actualy work on human mind.
I reckon the best nerf would be to change the 4 additional arrows to supported by GMP (has to be high level like lvl 22-24, not level20).

Of course that's only if the council make it to the main game otherwise it has to stay as it is.
"
herflik wrote:

Because Chris wrote/said that GGG is considering puting Prophercy into main game.

What doesn't mean that they consider putting fated and COurt uniques into core game, as those were to be exclusive to Prophecy league.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
no to this a very dumb idea to force gmp on it . people you need to understand that some of us actually still use gmp with reach of the council.

you give it implicit gmp and now i cant have 9 arrows.

giving it implicit gmp ruins the heart of the bow's novelty.. might as well roll fucking death's opus if this terrible terrible idea gains traction.

I'd nerf it by making you able to dual wield it, shooting both off at once. That way you don't get to use a quiver.
............ i need a new desk because a face palm was not adequate response to that suggestion
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:18:50 PM
or that my head slammed into the desk so hard that i broke the desk in half (imagine it is a cheap desk)
As if the weight of how bad an idea that was fell on my head all at once
To the person who said losing the +4 Arrows would ruin it. I present to you Marohi Erqi. Functionally it has the same "Unique" as Reach of the Council but designed mainly for Melee Mace Skills. Both offering an Increased Area Effect to skills while also imposing a Speed penalty.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
The +4 arrow is what make this unique way too strong for reasons mentioned a million time (no less penalty and mana penalty mostly). Nerfing his damages would make the bow useless and reducing the number of additional arrows would make it loose it's identity.

Sur it's cool to blast one million arrows with Split but do we really need it. The GMP solutions seems the more balanced to me (but as i said it has to be a lvl higher than lvl20 like 22 or 24) retaining the strength of the bow and putting it on par with the others.

But that only had to happen if the Council is added to the core game and if the loot table (25% chances) stay the same. If they alter the loot table to make it rarer then it can stay as it is.

I'm also surprised that not many people noticed this one

The potential of this bow is absolutely insane with the right gear and tree.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 28, 2016, 9:51:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info