How would you nerf [Reach Of The Council] but still keep it Viable?

I've been meaning for a while to run the numbers - realistically I don't care enough to do so but hey... Even without doing so, based on a 6% crit base which means inc crit strikes (versus no need for that and the ability to gain another more multiplier), this is basically a ~330 pdps 8.5% crit harbinger. Maybe 350 at a stretch. Dropping 2.5% base crit is probably equal to GMP damage penalty. Tell me if I'm wrong.

As some have said, the bow's not poor by a long shot. But thing is, how many of you bitched and moaned about a 600 pdps axe being added (more than you can roll on ANY rare axe with T1 %phys, aspd, flat phys)? Why do you care about a bow better than most well-rolled harbingers but you don't give a crap that Disfavour is better for lower cost than just about any rare on the market? Did you do your calculations prior to any ascendancies or just presume Reach plus poison = 1000000 dps bow whereas any other bow sucks cause dude I read a guide once...?

Please, run the goddamn numbers to work out how much difference 3% base crit plus up to 230 pdps more a rare bow can add. People are posting hysteria about double-dipping, not real maths. No fricken way does a 6% base crit bow with 370 pdps equal a 600 pdps 9.xx% crit bow. Don't be dumb.

PS: with that 3% base difference, you can actually not go assassin.
Last edited by davidnn5 on Aug 3, 2016, 4:46:23 AM
ggg already hinted the nerf (recent state of exile podcast when Rory clearly confirmed that bow is way stronger than what they have intended)

and math is only as good as one wants to make it be.

i do not know why people are so obsessed with capping crit. it is absolutelly not needed. i have a 5 linked 345pdsp one. use poison in my links so im effectively 4linked. and i kill uber izaro by accident while trying to let him consume essences..

numbers tell whole story only when all numbers are used and the assumptions are right. necessity of capping crit is an unwarranted one that does not match the reality. it is more of an ego thing than real requirement (it is not cast on crit build..)

and no, i do not use inc crit strikes neither. there is no need for that. really. if i had the patience id get snakebites and drop poison from links and replace it with lgoh or stun
"
sidtherat wrote:
ggg already hinted the nerf (recent state of exile podcast when Rory clearly confirmed that bow is way stronger than what they have intended)

i do not know why people are so obsessed with capping crit. it is absolutelly not needed. i have a 5 linked 345pdsp one. use poison in my links so im effectively 4linked. and i kill uber izaro by accident while trying to let him consume essences..

numbers tell whole story only when all numbers are used and the assumptions are right. necessity of capping crit is an unwarranted one that does not match the reality. it is more of an ego thing than real requirement (it is not cast on crit build..)

and no, i do not use inc crit strikes neither. there is no need for that. really. if i had the patience id get snakebites and drop poison from links and replace it with lgoh or stun

Well This does lead to interesting speculation. either it means a blanket nerf in which there will be no legacy items

or it means this item will find its way into the core game. that would be interesting considering the history of league only items

to be fair killing uber izaro was never the problem. it was surving accidentally getting hit by one of his rippy one shot attacks.

hp wise he is a rather brittle boss. he is only ilevel75 after all and it is expected that he should atleast be doable by all classes
i wrote killing him by accident.. using barrage and cleaning up the skeletons. one two unlucky hits and the phase is over. he is not that brittle to call it normal and expected scenario. most builds take some time to kill him even in merc. uber izaro is not that brittle
"
sidtherat wrote:

That seemed to me like "math is only good when i say it is".

Btw assassin needs max crit because it doubles poison damage (ego thing" ROFL do you even play the game or are here just to help ruin ppls dreams?), you don't even need lots of multiplier, just crit chance... so yeah, you are wrong.

Imo getting good rare/unique bows was always a problem and if something needs to be changed, is how good bows can be (and since they are rare, gets pretty expensive which doesn't help; i wish bows could get the sword's "scaeva treatment"... 1 chaos OP item), instead of nerfing RotC (if nerfed, just a bit pls) what about making better unique bows for endgame? Something with higher crit base and decent damage plus not so freaking rare, just like scaeva.... Or maybe removing the heavy dependence on additional projectiles this game has, i still think that a slight buff to additional projectiles and a nerf to some projectile skills would be fair, considering most OP projectile builds don't even use actual bows for direct damage (like mines/traps...).
Also, if reach is OP, why no one talks about Drillneck being the quiver sought after 90% of the time? +1 projectiles on that is so costly that everyone desperatly vaals them when they drop. lulz

obs: really hurts me to bump this thread haha.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Aug 4, 2016, 8:34:58 AM
This bow's damage and crit chance already greatly limits it's usage. No need for nerf at all.
limits its usage????

blast rain and poison arrows are the only skills where this bow IS NOT the BiS choice..

limited usage my ass

you guys trying to downplay this abomination should be really ashamed. you really need this item to clear content? if so then your builds suck.
well i already suggested a 20% damage nerf to it . it needs a nerf , that much is not really up for dispute.

how to nerf it . that is most certainly up for dispute.
well i just quit poe because of things like this, some things like trade, power creep, nerfs to the groud,optimization, boring lvling etc. WILL NEVER change... I was playing until i realised these things will never change (or maybe will, if so , maybe ill check). Deleted poe, bought grim dawn with zero expectaion to play until at least new league is out (since proph is terrible) and boooom.... I thought poe was the best arpg by far, oh boy i was so wrong, after grim dawn experience i doubt i will ever go back ... just my 2 cents.
"
hobla wrote:
well i just quit poe because of things like this, some things like trade, power creep, nerfs to the groud,optimization, boring lvling etc. WILL NEVER change... I was playing until i realised these things will never change (or maybe will, if so , maybe ill check). Deleted poe, bought grim dawn with zero expectaion to play until at least new league is out (since proph is terrible) and boooom.... I thought poe was the best arpg by far, oh boy i was so wrong, after grim dawn experience i doubt i will ever go back ... just my 2 cents.

GL then. Enjoy the rather simple game that GD is. That isn't to say it isn't fun, but its no where near the level of complexity of PoE and its multiplayer aspect is pitiful.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info