Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

Yes. I'm pointing out the fact that you use words improperly.
You mean it's not ironic that somebody with his head buried in the sand said that GGG had their heads buried in the sand?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
That guy doesn't have his head buried in the sand. He knows what's up. Fruz, not so much.
"
That guy doesn't have his head buried in the sand. He knows what's up. Fruz, not so much.

One more clear example of somebody being blind to what's actually happening with PoE, and what GGG's actions and reactions mean.

I'm not expecting you to take your head out anytime soon anyway, don't worry, we're all used to it.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"

One more clear example of somebody being blind to what's actually happening with PoE, and what GGG's actions and reactions mean.

I'm not expecting you to take your head out anytime soon anyway, don't worry, we're all used to it.

Mr. Sandman. That's not a bad name for you, Reporter. You are in the business of dreams and you're always there waiting...
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
From thread Ascendency points and Oriath (aka remove Labyrinth mandatoriness), I'm posting here in an attempt to try to keep that thread on topic. Here's numbers 717 through 725.

Note that these are from the General discussions forum. This is the first time I have included any posts from that forum. The reason for this was two fold. First, I did almost all the work before realizing that it wasn't the Feedback and suggestions forum. Second, every time a new thread is started on this topic there is a large amount of new people added to the list. These people generally created their account a long time ago and have posted at least a few dozen times in the forum.

"
Xeledon2132 wrote:
Hi,

you might want to try what I did this league - play PoE if you want to, just don't do the Lab.
While you do give up some power and theorycrafting fun, the game is still a blast to play without APs.

In fact that's one point I have to cede to the Lab defenders. It really is optional for me.

I still hope they'll some day provide another way to get APs - but until then just playing without them will do for me. I also hope that people making it to maps while refusing to ascend shows up in some statistic GGG looks at and get them sinking.

So come join my non-agressive resistance! ;)

"
xerofite wrote:
I don't like the lab either. That being said, if they were to introduce the ascendancy points being acquired through the story quests, this would eliminate the labyrinth completely. They won't remove the ascendancy points being gated behind labyrinth because it's part of the game and probably took a lot of work to implement.

To simply remove the labyrinth I dont think is a very smart thing to do in terms of game design. The previous leagues allowed people to adapt to it, and if they were to remove it, that basically eliminates any work they've done to it since its initial release.

Sorry, I hate to say it but, we're just gonna have to get used to the labyrinth. Love it or hate it, it is part of the game now.

"
Chameleon wrote:
I hate the Lab so much that all my characters from now until they remove the mandatory nature of Lab will be Lab free builds.

"
Krekel82 wrote:
I don't like it either but since i play SC I just man up do it once and never look back.
I would liked it a bit more if they gave portals so you could at least die 1 or 2 times before you get a freaking reset.

"
MFairfax wrote:
Well GGG is at least correct. Lab is here to stay. Who care what you think. Shut up, be quiet, move along. ok we've now heard from Corporate.

Screw Lab for walling itself off from the rest of the game.
Screw Lab for taking an eternity of time.
Screw Lab for all the disconnections desynce's and just outright random disconnections! (Of course this has NOTHING to do with the problem, just icing on the cake.

Look you guys have gone and made it IMPOSSIBLE to play the game without ascendancy point. WE BOW HUMBLE HEADS. We will do it ok.

but but you gotta give up stability so is the lab more stable now?
Do traps still completely bypass armour and killing you in 1.1 seconds when they hit no matter what?

Come on guys, CUT US SOME SLACK DAMNIT.

"
Riborg wrote:
I always overlevel and cheese it. Get lvl 65-ish and do normal and cruel lab. Mercyless lab around 70-80-ish if I really need it, or get carried. I have a couple lvl 80+ toons, and a lvl 90, on HC. Have never done uberlab as the trials are just pure torture. Some trials are impossible to do due to the build. You can have the tankiest minions possible but they WILL die to the bleed-totem trap thing. If that was your DPS spectres you are fucked. Got a slow tank-esque character? Too bad, you wont make it, too slow. Got a tanky high-life toon? Now you are at disadvantage as instant flasks only fill 20% of your life, aka 0.1 seconds worth of trap damage. The trap i hate the most are the spikes coming up from the ground. Other traps you can mostly bypass with lightningwarp but not these. OK for normal lab when you can cheese the mobs, but then in uber trials you get the temp chains totems, bleed totems and some proper mobs to kill, while trying to reach the end of a never ending passage covered with timed spikes. Its just a pure sadistic self-torturing experience.

If the majority of the game was like this I would certainly never play it. No matter what your build is your character will be inferior if you skip this so its pretty much mandatory as content is balanced around you having the points.

So I might try to make a lab-character with super high regen%, flask nodes, not too much life, and good movement speed. Do the labs and then spend a shitload of currency to respec into something I enjoy playing. Or not lol. WTB "minion bleed avoidance support gem".

"
Riborg wrote:
I always overlevel and cheese it. Get lvl 65-ish and do normal and cruel lab. Mercyless lab around 70-80-ish if I really need it, or get carried. I have a couple lvl 80+ toons, and a lvl 90, on HC. Have never done uberlab as the trials are just pure torture. Some trials are impossible to do due to the build. You can have the tankiest minions possible but they WILL die to the bleed-totem trap thing. If that was your DPS spectres you are fucked. Got a slow tank-esque character? Too bad, you wont make it, too slow. Got a tanky high-life toon? Now you are at disadvantage as instant flasks only fill 20% of your life, aka 0.1 seconds worth of trap damage. The trap i hate the most are the spikes coming up from the ground. Other traps you can mostly bypass with lightningwarp but not these. OK for normal lab when you can cheese the mobs, but then in uber trials you get the temp chains totems, bleed totems and some proper mobs to kill, while trying to reach the end of a never ending passage covered with timed spikes. Its just a pure sadistic self-torturing experience.

If the majority of the game was like this I would certainly never play it. No matter what your build is your character will be inferior if you skip this so its pretty much mandatory as content is balanced around you having the points.

So I might try to make a lab-character with super high regen%, flask nodes, not too much life, and good movement speed. Do the labs and then spend a shitload of currency to respec into something I enjoy playing. Or not lol. WTB "minion bleed avoidance support gem".

"
BLACKMACE2 wrote:
i also quit because of trials, manditory booring chore and does not belong.

"
Hereticide wrote:
Lab is already extremely rewarding—I don't feel a need to hide ascendancy points behind it. Lab would still be profitable, and just as dangerous, if it existed as an optional side area. Lab would also still be required to min-max your gear with enchantments. Ascendancy, though, is a core gameplay element, and I don't feel that forcing HC players into a rippy trap-infested plethora of rooms follows proper design.

Ascendancy should be a given from progression; enchantments and phat loot should be enough to drive players into that hell called lab.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 9, 2017, 7:54:01 PM
Added as number 737 from thread. Add ability to skip lab and buy points

"
Mizers wrote:
The current Lab is just so weak that it doesn't hold up when you're running it multiple times. It's interesting the first few times you see it, but as you keep doing it you start to notice the flaws of it more and more. It's not really a labyrinth and those pitiful traps aren't anywhere close to being a puzzle.

I'm hoping they're planning to fix it in 3.0. Cruel and Merciless are going away, so why should we run the same place multiple times as we level? It goes against the idea of why they added all these new acts to the game. Instead Labyrinth should just exist in Act 3 and we should get new challenges for future Ascendancy points in later Acts. They can take their knowledge of what did and didn't work out well in Lab to make much better areas. It would break of the repetitive nature of Lab currently. Izaro fight was decent for teaching new players, but the labyrinth itself isn't very interesting. So keep the idea of making boss fights with mechanics to pay attention to and work on making more interesting and interactive traps.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
If I wanted to play a damned puzzle game, I would. I don't like it. That's why I play ARPG/RPG. The fact that I am forced to now play a stupid puzzle game, at great risk of wasting a lot of time due to factors outside my control like latency, server disconnect, server lag, etc., within a game, and one I have no love for, is really annoying to say the least. On top of that, the devs gone out of their way to make it as tedious as possible just to prolong the suffering.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
730 posters and maybe another 730 silent persons, that is like 1% of the player base
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
730 posters and maybe another 730 silent persons, that is like 1% of the player base

Practicing the same BS statistics as you, I can safely add that less than 1.5% of the player base ever posts on this forum. Therefore, your 1% divided by my 1.5% equals the (unfounded) conclusion that 2/3 of the player base dislikes Labyrinth.
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 18, 2017, 8:46:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info