Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

@Icedeal

I post on the topics I care about. I care about lab getting fixed. It is natural that I would post in alot of the lab posts. I will make sure to be answering a question or replying to new ideas or such. I will not participate in name calling or hate. I only have one goal. Get the lab fixed.
Last edited by FixLabPLSGGG on Aug 28, 2016, 6:27:07 PM
I like the lab. i do it every day. It's fun when it works. I might be one of the few who like it judging from the 240 threads here with complaints.

What i really don't like about it is getting sent to login screen in the very last room with izaro on 5% life with the message unexpected disconnection and my offering is consumed.

This has to be fixed so we can continue where we left off. Or if that is not possible the offering reimbursed. Things like this bring out the worst in me and make me not want to do lab again. So that's what i am gonna do now. Stay away from lab for some time. Perhaps buy the latest support pack and hope my donation brings a remedy to lab frustration.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 28, 2016, 6:41:45 PM
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:
Get the lab fixed.

The only "fixing" the laby needs is the issue with disconnections relating to the domains bug. Aside from that, laby is perfectly fine as is.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
In an attempt to belittle the meaning of having a large body of posts in this forum on labyrinth, some have claimed that anecdotal evidence is not evidence. Here is what Wikipedia says about it.

"
Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes. Where only one or a few anecdotes are presented, there is a larger chance that they may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases. Anecdotal evidence is considered within the scope of scientific method for claims regarding particular instances, for example the use of case studies in medicine because some anecdotal evidence can be both empirical and verifiable, while other anecdotal evidence does not qualify as scientific evidence because its nature prevents it from being investigated using the scientific method.

Misuse of anecdotal evidence is an informal fallacy and is sometimes referred to as the "person who" fallacy ("I know a person who..."; "I know of a case where..." etc. Compare with hasty generalization). Anecdotal evidence is not necessarily representative of a "typical" experience as it is a personal testimony; in fact, human cognitive biases such as confirmation bias mean that exceptional or confirmatory anecdotes are much more likely to be remembered. Accurate determination of whether an anecdote is "typical" requires statistical evidence.

The term is sometimes used in a legal context to describe certain kinds of testimony. Psychologists have found that people are more likely to remember notable examples than typical examples. When used in advertising or promotion of a product, service, or idea, anecdotal reports are often called a testimonial, which are banned in some[which?] jurisdictions
Wikipedia article introduction

I assert that the large list of threads in the OP is valid anecdotal evidence for the following positions.

- a significant percentage of the player base dislikes the labyrinth,
- demonstrates that there's been many problems in the labyrinth,
- and it demonstrates how horribly divisive the labyrinth has become for the community.

What it doesn't do is give us an accurate percentage of the percentage of the player base that dislikes labyrinth. As an example, it could conceivably be anywhere from 10% to 90%.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I'm not sure why there are threads listed that featured totally valid complains like having to do the Trials for every single character, which are actually done or threads wanting to increase lab randomization... those are not actually indicating a need for removal.

I mean there are Threads included that complain about ES damage (which was fine, but ES only counts as 60% now, which is even easier), complains about ES counting with EB (which is fixed), there is a fucking thread in there about someone leaving the lab and not reading the message you get when you try to portal out and this guy leaving the lab without actually collecting the points.

Not to mention that similar to the atlas a lot of those threads popped out immidiatly, when Atlas launched it immidiatly pushed the lab threads to the second page because everyone wanted their own thread, featuring exactly the same as 25 or more other threads... which doesn't really do much, because half of them were totally valid and the other half asked for a league restart.
"
Emphasy wrote:
I'm not sure why there are threads listed that featured totally valid complains like having to do the Trials for every single character, which are actually done or threads wanting to increase lab randomization... those are not actually indicating a need for removal.

I mean there are Threads included that complain about ES damage (which was fine, but ES only counts as 60% now, which is even easier), complains about ES counting with EB (which is fixed), there is a fucking thread in there about someone leaving the lab and not reading the message you get when you try to portal out and this guy leaving the lab without actually collecting the points.

Not to mention that similar to the atlas a lot of those threads popped out immidiatly, when Atlas launched it immidiatly pushed the lab threads to the second page because everyone wanted their own thread, featuring exactly the same as 25 or more other threads... which doesn't really do much, because half of them were totally valid and the other half asked for a league restart.

It is true that many of the complaints about labyrinth have been fixed or mitigated.

To my mind that just emphasizes the second point.
"- demonstrates that there's been many problems in the labyrinth,"

Some problems have been fixed, there are more that still need to be fixed. According to your apparent definition, the only valid complaints are ones that have been fixed. If no one had complained about those that have been fixed, I doubt they would have been fixed at all. My opinion is that some more needs to be fixed. Since some fixes take more time to fix than others, each release fixes some more. Hopefully GGG will continue fixing things when they can.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Figured this list fits here best.

I went through the 240ish posts listed in this thread, as well as a few others I came across in both General Discussion and Feedback and Suggestions forums, trying to get a bit of perspective on the numbers of unique people posting. People keep saying only a few people dislike the labyrinth, or want change... and they throw around numbers like 5 or 9 people... got me wondering what it was really like. Also I was bored during downtime at work the past couple days, and felt it would be more fun to do this than play PoE (and it was!).

First, these 2 lists were of interest to me. Most of the threads were back-and-forth between these 2 lists of people. (My perception of "Actively", here, was posting in multiple topics on multiple pages of those topics, making up a bulk of the conversations)

Have been Actively For Change:
Spoiler
AceNightfire
Regulator
Pyrokar
Turtledove
ShaUrley
gibbousmoon
Albinosaurus
Prebornfetus
Zalhan2
The_Reporter
Siochan
joachimbond
dudiobugtron
Chadwixx

Have been Actively Against change:
Spoiler
goetzjam
sidtherat
dickhole_mcghee
morbo
tin_foil_hat
Fruz
Xtorma
Prisus
diablofdb
Emphasy
Telzen
Char1983
Shovelcut
mark1030
NeroNoah
PleiadesBlackstar

The next list of 582 different people posted in support of changing at least one aspect of the labyrinth, such as adding waypoints or adding alternative ascendancy options, or Posted that they find the labyrinth to be not fun, or tolerate the labyrinth, but don't like it, all the way to hating the labyrinth and want it removed asap. To reiterate: This is not a list of all "Lab haters", it's just people who were open to the idea of changing the Labyrinth. Many presented their own ideas, many just +1'd other's ideas or their feelings.

People in the list include the active ones above. I may have included names of people who have since changed their minds, or I may have missed some threads where others have commented about changing the labyrinth. I ignored posts simply about difficulty killing Izaro and the nightmare that is helmet enchants. The list is vaguely in alphabetic order (at least a's with a's, but after a while I got tired of alphabetizing and threads started blurring together) There were 131 thread starters that I took note of with a + after their names, but that was not the focus of my search, I wanted to see unique posters (most of whom did not post their own threads, and many times only posted 1 time on the subject on the boards at all).

Spoiler

_Eddi_ +
_Elminister_
_Emperor_ +
_ly
__Z__
_Zerk_
13aDa55
666lol666

Abime
aceCrasher
AceNightfire
ACGIFT
Actkqk
ainuayan
AkamuCZ
AkuTenshiiZero
Albinosaurus
AllanonTB +
Alternitus
amity_affliction
ampdecay
And1111
Andazeus
anteku
aonezu
argh444 +
Asheren
AntonChigur
Aparkhurst +
AttackDingo
Azraphael

badwolf97
bajanrasta
Bananaplasm
Baron01
Bars +
Baxta
BearCares +
Bhrino +
BIGLITRO
BlackChristmas +
BlackYoshi7
blainicus +
Blakwhysper +
blueeyedevil
boblivrogn
boesersven
Boomie
BoondockSaint
Borgese
BossdeMoss +
Bowman8763
Braindead1010562
brgillespie +
Brosinho
brunofrito
Brussel_Sprout
Bu3d +
buhdunkadunk
Buggsy2 +
bummmb
BurningHeart
Burmeister99
bwam
Bznga

CaliforniaPyro +
Catchafire2000
ccloaded
cdchi1
Celosar
CentauriSoldier +
Ceri
Ceryneian
cesmode
Chadwixx +
Chalcon
Cheekyct
Cherry9
cherrysbullet
ciknay
CMDPrompt1911
Coal48
Coloradoo
Constraint
CorranHorn
Corrivati +
cosey
creampuffed4u
Crusader_of_Sorrow
Culblade
cypronge
cyranorick

D623932883 +
daFalk
DaFinesse
Dajmstrut
dandyandy
Dark_Oring
Darkkrows
DarkPaladin4000
DarrkPhoenix
Darkrox
davidnn5 +
dcasez
DDseedFoot +
Deadmano +
DefiniteIntegral
degraga
Deleted +
(at least 3 separate deleted accounts, judging by forum avatars being different)
Deliverme
Demonzu
Derpey
Devonor
Dext88
Dezus
DiamondSnake
diegodgo87
DigitalDreams
dinobin
Diskonekted +
DJ10012016
dm_pindu
DoEFotGS
Dr1MaR +
DrDeathXII +
dragnar +
DragonsProphecy +
DrOwnage
Druga1757
drzpicu +
DS9
dudiobugtron +
dukediem +
dupie
Dupree0991
Durentis +
dyneol

e1337donkey
EastonWins +
EdgarFriendly
EKTELESTES +
Elafar
elbowfrag
Ellix +
Elua
empathise +
EnjoyTheJourney +
eNTi
Eon714
Eps1on
Eqmuraj
ericlh370
Essaydave
evinta
Excyis

fae76 +
fayt020 +
Ferumbrias
fesru +
Fhark
Finnien
Firestrike_O +
Fistaniderya
FixLabPLSGGG +
Fluffy_Puppies
fm1081
ForciblyBaptized
Frankthetank2688 +
FreedomOI +
frenrihr
FullCircle

Galanz +
Galtrovan
gandhar0
gathor
GeorgAnatoly
Getim
ggnorekthx
Gholaduncan
Giaocolam
gibbousmoon +
Gigaus +
GnGoons +
goodboymc
Gosen
grallo
greatwhitepine
grettyr
GroverMancer +
Grumlum
GrumpyMcElbows
guytmou
Gypsylullaby

h3xd
Hallstein
Hallthor75
Hannibus
HeavyFerrum
HeavyMetalGear +
Hatstick
Head_Less
HeliaXDemoN
hideouts
Holocaustus
HoneyBadGerMan
HudaZki
huetzer
Hyskoa

Iblisx
ibukix
IchiMorghulis
Icholas
IDeeCee +
ihasmario
ijsbeer149
Illuvatar_82
IMSilver (before degrading to Trump slogans)
innervation +
IronSteel
itsnukes86
ivkoto77777 +

Jackal1712 +
Jackinthegreen
jasonbgnh
Jaxxxson +
jcannonb
Jennik
Jeremy7600
JFC_Bass_Chant +
jfpforever
jhnsmth
jlt314
joachimbond
johnKeys +
johnolesen
Johny_Snow
jomtoy
Jonmcdonald
Juran_Fox
Josephoenix
Joyrock101 +
JusJev +
justinmm1988
Justnn +

k1rage
Kaemonarch
Kalidor
KallasAK
kangnnc
Karnikula
Kastmar +
Kavik_Kang +
Kavlor
kcstar
Kellog
Kelvynn
Khoranth
KieranGravebane
Kilsum +
King_of_Limbs
kingshok
Kiristo
Klausdawg
KnightCole
kogaratsu
kompaniet
KorganBloodaxe +
krakerman
krunchor
kumei +
kuukkeli

Ladylunar
Laminar_Flow1
LanPirot
laycast
leepoeaccount
Legatus1982 +
Legendaris
leonardorubin
lif44
lilninjaboi2317 +
lipejmr
Lorash
Lorem331
LosSalatos
LostForm +
lounas
Lukin
lugaluga
lunshea

madfellan
Madtank
MadPharmacist
MagicalMove
magicrectangle
Mal_function
MalakezDarnos
Manator
Manofdusk
Matacka
maxlmantis +
maxor
Meatball_Enthusiast
MeechKahn
Melmak +
MFairfax
MFJones
Miazga +
midget214 +
miljan
minik2
Miská
mlangwor
monsoonrider
Mooginator +
mop +
morterion
Mr_Cee
mrjoey523
MrMixez
MrTastix
mtw001
Muldeh
mynameisonlyforthegods +

nadakuu
nait2k4
narbays
Nayton
NekoHanten
neonive
Nick043
nickbesus
NinjaBean1337
NoahCannon
Nobake +
nodri
NoLifeMahouny
npavcec
Nssheepster +
ntall1

Oiranoiccid
old_joe
orsonstfu +
Oxix
oXu

pabrt
pajingtonn +
pandasplaying +
Panini_aux_olives
PapouilleMcLovin +
patirce
Paxmilitaris
Pendarric
penguinmaster +
pepe00ad
Petarded +
petewulf +
Phaeded
Phazero
Phearmark
Picksomecardz
Pie_Guy +
PipPipRoadRunner
Pizzarugi
Plaguerat313 +
Ptirodaktill
Punksob +
purebattle +
potato321
Poutsos
Prebornfetus
PrimordialDarkness +
Priory +
profeetta
Protanos
PsOfOs
Pwnzors87
Pyrokar

Quantume
qwertypimplekins
qwqwqw333_final

Ragnar119 +
RagnarokChu
Raila
Rakiii
Rangers +
Raverbunny
raxleberne
Rayzabladez
Razis +
RebornKing
Redfeather_1975
Regulator +
reliq +
rephikul
ressiv
RestInPieces +
Rich85 +
ricklington +
rictiln +
Risen90 +
RockGod
RogueMage
Roleplayer
RootCookie
rosshilge
RoyalStar +
rtdean
Ruefl2x
Ruinamalia
RulerOfChaos
RutRoh

saffranffs
SaiyanZ
Salkryn
Sardekar
SasoriOtoko +
saucefar2
SecondHead
SeedReaper
Seelenernter
selcuk +
Sephereen
SesdfgfM
SevenOfNine86
Severance2hBlade
sfangwb +
ShacoFinder +
Shadilinn_Vondead
Shadowfrostz
Shagsbeard
Shajirr +
shatojin +
shaunus
ShaUrley
ShawnV2
Shieldbreaker +
shinino
Shppy
Shredzilly
shoc +
sil222
SilencerX21
sinfoniantuba11
Siochan
silverdash
sikker
Skellimancer
sklipnoty
Skyblade799
Slayer_Tip +
Slider575
SmashingDungeons
SmokeBlunts
SnowCrash82
sofocle10000
Soliouss
Solonyx
soulpoetry
SpareTheRod1976
Splico
stalkingjackal
starlight7
stdcall
Sterett
StorgutBorsit
Stormnight
sublime234
SubZeroMG +
sucemab
SudianX
sumbodee +
Sunwolff
SupaMF +
sushiljindal +
suszterpatt +

Tajik13
Talamier +
Tarkoon
taumantis
TearOfTheStar
Temjiu
Tenembre
ThatsSoGoodman
The_Great_Alex
The_Reporter
The_Risen
The_Wuggly_Ump +
TheAnuhart
TheAshmaker
TheDeathX
thedestroyerofkids +
TheDiablo666
TheGoodBadWeird
TheLastZica
themozzer
ThenThereIsRime
ThePromise110 +
thormida
Thraellic
Tian_Yihao
tmaciak
ToBeSomebody +
Tobez0r13376
tobiazl +
Toqa
TorumDe2o
tostay
Toverkol
Toyah
toyotatundra
trav_dawg +
tree22beard
TreeOfDead
Treffnix
triggerhippy
Truper17
tryhardgg
tunderkiwi
Turtledove
TwoHits +

Ulrichvonbeck
Umbra_the_Wolf +
UncleHerm
UnderOmerta
UnlimitedPower2
unranked +
Upforsale
Uroborous

Vaalamity
Valkrei123 +
VashSan +
veildream
Vertal0
Verthurnax
Vesuvius079
Vhlad
VideoGeemer
Viralset
Vortextreme
VR_SZABOLCS

Waidaag
WARPAINTER
Warzone129 +
wavetrex
Wazz72
Weertangel
Weißenberg
whorm
Willemoesium
winterlude +
WiseGuard +
WizBlizz1994
Wp_blitzi +
wftico
wweeep
wyll

Xanin +
Xentec6
Xeroxoul
XibalbaL
Xirgu
xjjanie
xriegg

YellowMage
yungwhiz

Z_Fighters
ZaeN
zalfargia
Zalhan2
Zaludoz
Zaximus704
Zed93
Zee
Zephryl
Zeriph
Zims911
ZINIAO
zorroaster
Zrevnur

"
Zaludoz wrote:
Figured this list fits here best.

I went through the 240ish posts listed in this thread, as well as a few others I came across in both General Discussion and Feedback and Suggestions forums, trying to get a bit of perspective on the numbers of unique people posting. People keep saying only a few people dislike the labyrinth, or want change... and they throw around numbers like 5 or 9 people... got me wondering what it was really like. Also I was bored during downtime at work the past couple days, and felt it would be more fun to do this than play PoE (and it was!).

First, these 2 lists were of interest to me. Most of the threads were back-and-forth between these 2 lists of people. (My perception of "Actively", here, was posting in multiple topics on multiple pages of those topics, making up a bulk of the conversations)

Have been Actively For Change:

Have been Actively Against change:

The next list of 582 different people posted in support of changing at least one aspect of the labyrinth, such as adding waypoints or adding alternative ascendancy options, or Posted that they find the labyrinth to be not fun, or tolerate the labyrinth, but don't like it, all the way to hating the labyrinth and want it removed asap. To reiterate: This is not a list of all "Lab haters", it's just people who were open to the idea of changing the Labyrinth. Many presented their own ideas, many just +1'd other's ideas or their feelings.

People in the list include the active ones above. I may have included names of people who have since changed their minds, or I may have missed some threads where others have commented about changing the labyrinth. I ignored posts simply about difficulty killing Izaro and the nightmare that is helmet enchants. The list is vaguely in alphabetic order (at least a's with a's, but after a while I got tired of alphabetizing and threads started blurring together) There were 131 thread starters that I took note of with a + after their names, but that was not the focus of my search, I wanted to see unique posters (most of whom did not post their own threads, and many times only posted 1 time on the subject on the boards at all).

That's great! I've added a few sentences in the OP. Let me know if you don't want your account name mentioned there or if you'd like something added or changed. Good job!
If you're going to use that list, change "582 different people" to "582 different accounts". We all know some people posted with more than one account in some of those threads.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 15, 2016, 12:49:27 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
If you're going to use that list, change "582 different people" to "582 different accounts". We all know some people posted with more than one account in some of those threads.

I looked and it says accounts? The update on the OP update is 9:21 which is well before your post. I do appreciate your suggestion though. I remember fixing a typo immediately after posting so maybe your suggestion is something that I also fixed then??? I really don't remember for sure. :-) (BTW, I only know of one person that has probably posted with more than one account.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info