Add ability to skip lab and buy points

"
Turtledove wrote:
Thank you to the following three long time PoE players for voicing your opinion on the boring and not fun labyrinth. I've added your three account names to the list at Over 290 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 730 posters in support. As the list gets longer our voices grow stronger. There are now 735 account names in the list.

"
greenyadzer wrote:
Please add ability to skip labyrinth in some way.

My suggestions are next:

"
ewolow wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
The lab is not very time consuming, unless you simply refuse to use the resources available to you and back track constantly.

Compared to what? If you add the time it takes to complete all the trials and the lab in each difficulty, it's very time consuming, even if you skip silver keys and looking for Argus. Compared to the amount of maps you could clear in the same amount of time.

Lab is a nice challenge, but if you build alts, it just becomes a pain in the ass necessity to flesh out your builds.

I usually need to set aside time to do lab. I have a wife/kids/job and limited amounts of time. Lab requires a start to finish time commitment.

Not everyone that plays this game has that kind of time, and yes, that is using the maps in the lab.

I support the idea that once you have completed the labs a first time, maybe you can have portals past all the bullshit that slows you down, like have a portal to the first aspirant trial, then past Izaro, have another portal to the next aspirant trial, until you get to the end.

That way you still have to pass the fights but get to bypass the time sink.

"
Marinxar wrote:
Yes please. As someone with 200ms latency, I need the lab to go away. Or GGG can add a server in SA.

Thank god you are back, how ever will GGG know how few people really care enough to voice their concerns about the lab.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
"
ewolow wrote:

I just wanted to congratulate you for the way you responded to Majmun. I don't have anything specific to add to the discussion other than that i completely identify myself with your original post. You kept a cool head & your mentality was impeccable.

I just felt an urge to say this because i also don't really appreciate being judged unfairly whenever i point a finger at a specific part of the Lab.

And because there is little point referring to this subject with "specifics", i will only say that i still cannot fathom there are people that actually believe the Lab doesn't need reworking (whatever that maybe).

Thank you.

I don't understand the casual vs hardcore gamer issues here. It's not really a pvp game and if you want, you can play solo so aside from getting to say "first", what benefit is there really?
The current Lab is just so weak that it doesn't hold up when you're running it multiple times. It's interesting the first few times you see it, but as you keep doing it you start to notice the flaws of it more and more. It's not really a labyrinth and those pitiful traps aren't anywhere close to being a puzzle.

I'm hoping they're planning to fix it in 3.0. Cruel and Merciless are going away, so why should we run the same place multiple times as we level? It goes against the idea of why they added all these new acts to the game. Instead Labyrinth should just exist in Act 3 and we should get new challenges for future Ascendancy points in later Acts. They can take their knowledge of what did and didn't work out well in Lab to make much better areas. It would break of the repetitive nature of Lab currently. Izaro fight was decent for teaching new players, but the labyrinth itself isn't very interesting. So keep the idea of making boss fights with mechanics to pay attention to and work on making more interesting and interactive traps.

"
Mizers wrote:

I'm hoping they're planning to fix it in 3.0. Cruel and Merciless are going away, so why should we run the same place multiple times as we level?

They are planning to make players come back to Sarn anyway, and are planning to have players come back to ascend again.

They are considering shortening the first lab though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Shortening only the first lab isn't going to fix anything. It feels like a stubborn gesture to try to cling to what they have now, in fact. The first lab is the one where you can just run in and do it after you've done Cruel.
I don't think that is much to "fix" regarding the lab, and so might be thinking the majority of the playerbase
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Considering that game is in a miserable state of crashing, lagging and disconnecting, design-wise no checkpoint and portals in lab is a misunderstanding. I wouldn't mind if you could just die in lab. You can't trade there, you can't die and last boss has sick hp pool and dps. Even in Dark Souls you don't have to run 10-15 minutes to boss and fight few minutes to just die from one hit.

Lab is the cancer of PoE and it's not even for skill players, because everyone can just buy a taxi for offering, which makes entire trials obsolete. Make lab solo-only adventure to really put player's skills to the test and let us have few portals like in regular maps, why only lab has only one try?

Oh, btw... remove fucking tar mobs from narrow corridors, it's just bs design to slow player down.

I also don't like trials, remove them ffs. They just steal time and serve no purpose. I hope that with 10 acts, there will be only 6 trials and single lab run for 6 ascendancy points + uber from maps. Most people don't really like to be in lab, except those who earn on those who hate it :P
Last edited by Gosen on Mar 18, 2017, 6:55:49 AM
to sum it up:

please remove everything that is not a narrow, long corridor filled with easy mobs with good loot tables. oh and please make sure that these mobs do not attack me as im not really cool with the challenge

guys, it seems you forgot what 'game' is. it is not to please you but to challenge you and set you a goal that you have to aspire.

sadly, lately games are designed with 'everybody is a winner' scheme so when a game finally gets something trully skill-based - OH THE RIOTS!

do not like it? get a carry (but - you have to navigate the traps yourself anyway.. im pretty sure that most players can blow Izaro out of his boots with ease. it is the navigation and content that cannot be bruteforced with DPS that is the problem.

instant gratification, no challenge, no risk, all rewards. like the idea? cool. but do not call it a 'game' please.
"
ewolow:
Considering the supporter tags, or lack thereof, next to your name and the tags next to mine, don't tell me to go play wow. Without people like me, you wouldn't be playing this or wow.

Would never think someone would go that low. You're a prime example what's wrong with this world in general, speaking out of video game realm now. Please restrain yourself from ever conversing with me or mentioning me in a post. Thanks!
"
sidtherat wrote:
to sum it up:

please remove everything that is not a narrow, long corridor filled with easy mobs with good loot tables. oh and please make sure that these mobs do not attack me as im not really cool with the challenge

guys, it seems you forgot what 'game' is. it is not to please you but to challenge you and set you a goal that you have to aspire.

sadly, lately games are designed with 'everybody is a winner' scheme so when a game finally gets something trully skill-based - OH THE RIOTS!

do not like it? get a carry (but - you have to navigate the traps yourself anyway.. im pretty sure that most players can blow Izaro out of his boots with ease. it is the navigation and content that cannot be bruteforced with DPS that is the problem.

instant gratification, no challenge, no risk, all rewards. like the idea? cool. but do not call it a 'game' please.

GGG has no idea about challanges, making something like "Kill the Shaper", while you can have a taxi. Solo-only viable, that's the challange. There's no challange in PoE if you have someone, who can do everything for you anyway. Find X invasion bosses, find X Warbands... wtf? This is not challanging, it's time consuming useless rng. Complete twinned x maps, complete 8mods maps, wtf? Seriously? GGG has no fucking idea about challanges. Gather currency, go to trade 820 and you can buy anything. Lack of any hardcore-only rewards is huge letdown as well.

As for lab, no - traps are fine, it's Izaro that's bs. No checkpoint is a shocker, maps have 6 portals, Atziri, Shaper, everywhere you can die 5 times, but for some reason lab not.

If someone can easily kill Izaro it's up to following others anyway. If it's not a taxi, it's copy&paste builds of others, meta shit, whatever. People are winners anyway, because of doing meta shit or just having good rng. PoE is not about skill, it's about luck and someone you to carry through all content.

Gameplay-wise there's no skill, everything you need is beyond the actual game, it's about thinking up your own build and making it viable in most locations. This is where PoE shines and only there. I think the beginning of the adventure is horribly slow-paced and lot of new players are scared of this wooden gameplay. Without spell echo/multistrike attacking in this game is too slow and not fun at all. Everything kills you because you have no gear and gems, it's not difficulty but design. Once completing normal you're strong enough and fast enough to start enjoy the game, but then booom. -60 res and you die fast again. Not because of difficuly, but artifical bs design. I hope that with 10 acts, res won't be an issue anymore to make players focus on something else on the gear (even with nerfed amount of res stats on them).
Last edited by Gosen on Mar 18, 2017, 8:33:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info