Game Balance Development Manifesto Post

What I think GGG should do is make a check list of everything that might need rebalancing before doing any rebalancing.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:44:03 PM
2.0.0: "Melee is taken care of"

2.4.0: "Melee has been addressed"

IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
2.0.0: "Melee is taken care of"

2.4.0: "Melee has been addressed"

I do not think that they will stop trying to improve melees .... but in the current state of the game, you just cannot bring melees at the same level of ranges ( unless by creating "fake" melee skills of course ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 30, 2016, 11:44:25 PM
I think half of the patch notes are still missing.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666417/page/11#p13604187
The recent patch notes have raised a lot of questions.
Now is the perfect time to answer them, with a manifesto post.
+
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
What I think GGG should do is make a check list of everything that might need rebalancing before doing any rebalancing.

I think they should discuss such a big changes with comunity before those upgrades are released. There are plenty of tips how to balance game on feedback forum.
I can´t see their philosophy here.

Fruz - melee or not, damage scaling with AoE (significantly, other aspects such as stun/freeze ability should be considered too), increasing monster´s ehp (no 1 shots on both sides).
f.e.: AoE skills can keep decent clear speed but strong singl target/close range skills should be a thing in boss fights.
Last edited by Rakiii on Sep 1, 2016, 3:51:33 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Not reading through this thread, seems nasty, so apologies if someone brought this up already.

Chris has talked about top tier skills in the context of Magic the Gathering seasons. In that game (as I understand it, never played) you can only use a certain subset of cards in any given season. This forces players to keep buying new cards to keep participating in tournaments, but it also makes the game easier to balance because you only have a couple dozen different cards to consider instead of many 100's.

They want skills in PoE to function the same way, at least since 2.0. When they released Bladefall they made it crazy OP so that everyone would try it, then nerfed it later. When they released poison they made it crazy OP so that everyone would try it, then nerfed it later (sort of). They consider the new OP skills part of the active 'season' of PoE, and they intentionally cycle through which ones get the limelight.

I personally hate this development philosophy for an ARPG game, but they have to keep people coming back for new leagues somehow, and it seems they decided imba skills are the best way to do it.

Ok, Shrapnel Shot was released along with Bladefall and Blast Rain. But Shrapnel Shot is a fucking useless skill, despite being "just released" (so, according to your claim, it should be OP either).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Qarl wrote:
Patch 2.4.1:
  • In the Racecourse map, the Crusher of Gladiators now only reflects 15% of damage taken, rather than 75%. He now correctly displays that he casts a Damage Reflection ability.

Somebody needs to say it.

How the fuck. Does this even happen?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info