Developer Q&A Answers

"
Toshis8 wrote:
Thank you for not answering my questions... again. And why I am bothering here with you at all? Is this some sort of favoritism of one people over another that some simple questions are intentionally ignored? Really not pleased.

Hey. I'm sure it is just that they don't have the time to answer every question. I looked at your history, though, so maybe I can help.

"
Toshis8 wrote:
1. Cloaks - have you considered this? Any plans? Maybe as an MTX?

They did mention these in this Q&A, actually. It's something they are hoping to put in POE.

"
Toshis8 wrote:
2. Rhoa feather - does it have any useful purpose? No need to reveal the details, only if it does anything or not.

This is something that will probably never get a real answer. Either it is a joke item, in which case they wouldn't answer since that would ruin the fun, or it is not in which case it is used in a secret like a vendor recipe.

"
Toshis8 wrote:
3. Does "Grinding Gear Games" have any plans to develop other new games too or concentrate solely on "Path of Exile"?

I don't have a direct quote for you, but they have answered this one before. They are currently only working on POE and have no immediate plans to develop another game.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Penitent
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Feast
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Worm
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Witchfire_Brew
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vixen%27s_Entrapment
"
retruber wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Thank you for not answering my questions... again. And why I am bothering here with you at all? Is this some sort of favoritism of one people over another that some simple questions are intentionally ignored? Really not pleased.

Hey. I'm sure it is just that they don't have the time to answer every question. I looked at your history, though, so maybe I can help.

"
Toshis8 wrote:
1. Cloaks - have you considered this? Any plans? Maybe as an MTX?

They did mention these in this Q&A, actually. It's something they are hoping to put in POE.

"
Toshis8 wrote:
2. Rhoa feather - does it have any useful purpose? No need to reveal the details, only if it does anything or not.

This is something that will probably never get a real answer. Either it is a joke item, in which case they wouldn't answer since that would ruin the fun, or it is not in which case it is used in a secret like a vendor recipe.

"
Toshis8 wrote:
3. Does "Grinding Gear Games" have any plans to develop other new games too or concentrate solely on "Path of Exile"?

I don't have a direct quote for you, but they have answered this one before. They are currently only working on POE and have no immediate plans to develop another game.

Thank you retruber for your time answering those questions. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was first or second time when they don't bother replying, but it is pretty much always the same thing, felt like I was just wasting my time trying to communicate with them, probably just had to vent out my dissatisfaction about it :)

edit:
Really curious about the rhoa feather, but don't want to risk wasting time in vain if it has no purpose. If I was guaranteed that there was something to do with it, probably there would be a motivation to delve into it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Jul 5, 2016, 6:37:30 AM
Why we have to return to masters after completing quests? I think there's no balance here. You have Vagan or Elreon who can be completed in a minute, but others require too much traveling (if only you didn't have to return each time you finish the quest...). Zana is special, so it's okay here, but right now Tora and Vorici are annoying. Catarina is a bit different, but you can always change a mechanics in her quests. If you have big map, good luck wasting time to return all way back just for a few rep points. For me it's a waste of time and I hardly ever do it. Also daily quests for Elreon or Vagan. You enter portal and you have to travel one more area to get to the right zone. Why can't you remove it to fasten the whole process?
Last edited by Gosen on Jul 5, 2016, 6:07:15 AM
Chris wants to see cloaks, too. Best part of the Q&A. :D
Perception is reality.
"
Whenever we add significant content to the game, we review the levels of other areas and adjust as necessary. It's still likely that Cruel and Merciless may be removed in the future, but that'll be when the time is right. There's a substantial impact in terms of where you'd get quest rewards, bandit rewards, Ascendancy points, etc.

Sadly this feels like work for nothing, not for part of players, but for part of GGG.
Last edited by Qwatayean on Jul 5, 2016, 6:13:53 AM
CLOAKS?? :D:D:D
"
The problem with set items is that they encourage you not to swap out your gear. If we created a specific set then the whole set would either be good (in which case every build with it is identical) or bad (in which case it's simply not used). We don't think that sets promote the type of gameplay that we want.

A note on Set Items:
Actually a set allows you to encourage the usage of items that normally don't go well together.

Take, f.Ex. the original sets in TF2: There was a gun causing a debuff, and a melee weapon benefitting from that debuff, with a drawback that you'd normally counter by using a secondary that you now couldn't if you wanted to get the set buff. Getting that interaction into a single item would have been way complicated.
It is a bit harder to do that in an ARPG, but I see possibilities there. It's not always just "This goes well together and is useless on it's own!".
It's about the possibilities of making things work together in new ways that are hard to replicate otherwise.
You could even have a set that grants a different bonus depending on if you have 1,2,3,4 items of it, the latter not necessarily being better for the build.

Besides, Perandus Signet and Grand Spectrum sort of go in that direction already. I think there is more potential than there are risks.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
silumit wrote:
"
Q: What purpose do you envision red maps to serve? It appears that they are neither good at producing wealth (because sustaining them is so expensive), nor are they good in terms of XP per hour (or per currency investment) compared to, say, gorge rotations, so what else do you expect players want to achieve in them?

A: Currently, they are the best place to <...> gain experience
ROFL. So all them gorge/plat runners were lying about it being the best XP, right? Right? :P

Remember not to get fooled by this. He doesn't add any context, and this is a classic PR tactic that a lot of legal departments use. He doesn't lie, ofc Red Maps give more XP and better loot. However, think about availability and XP per hour. Also, by what, like a 3% margin?

When someone asks you whether you can say your name, you don't reply with your name, you answer "yes." Had the original person who had asked this included an "answer on a per hour only" basis, this question would have been skipped 100%.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 5, 2016, 7:55:44 AM
That was a good read.
Awesome questions too.
Thanks for taking the time to answer for us.
+2 Kudos!

Please fix crashes. I'm not having fun and I am not playing.
Spoiler
I have lost too many maps & dailies and I am playing other games right now out of frustration.
I went through this last league and it seemed fixed by the end of the league only to reappear this league. Reddit has been full of complaints about this.
-gc2 helped before, not anymore (for me).
I even tried to adjust my Realtek audio options and anything/everything else I could do.
Nothing else, no other game in my library (120 Steam games, 15 Origin games, all Blizzard games, a handful of standalone games) does this random crashing.

Bring on 64bit version and DX11.
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
How do you ask these questions?

I want to know why no difficulty setting? Maybe normal is to hard for me? Maybe 15 maps are a trivial. Every game I ever played has this.

I want to know why Lab was not addressed? Did you play office basketball with those questions?

TY
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info