Developer Q&A Answers

"
Chris wrote:
I hope you would agree that the current situation is a vast improvement over what we had before, even if there are more improvements still to make.

No, as it is bug-laden and introduces more problems than it fixed, the new system is not "better than" anything it's rather just its own version of "bad".

The GGG moto is "good enough" as everything that gets released is this way.

I'm in the camp where, for me, it is not "good enough" anymore. Maybe everyone else is OK with the glitch-laden releases and consistently malfunctioning content that get's added regularly but I am not. Maybe one day the realization that more is not always better will dawn on the devs but for that to happen the first step would be admitting that their attitude is a problem which it appears they are unwilling to do. No, your improvements are not "good enough" and the only thing worse than your pseudo-improvements are your hollow promises that go on for years with no delivery or even the presentation of a realistic timetable for their delivery.
"
retruber wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Thank you for not answering my questions... again. And why I am bothering here with you at all? Is this some sort of favoritism of one people over another that some simple questions are intentionally ignored? Really not pleased.

Hey. I'm sure it is just that they don't have the time to answer every question. I looked at your history, though, so maybe I can help.

They dont have time to answer every question, but they have time to answer meaningless quetions like they have a pet or no?! LOL
This sounds like it came from a presidential campaign...So many words to say nothing at all. Not to mention that the responses to the obviously more humorous questions were completely dead serious.

This whole thing reeks of damage control and an attempt to placate a dwindling and irate community.
This is a buff™
I think theres some serious overreacting going on from the community standpoint. They answered a ton of questions...most companies dont do ANYTHING like this. For example, icefrog doesnt ever reveal himself to the community nor does he openly comment on any of his balance reasoning, period.

The questions were what like 30 pages the last time I looked? Probably more now. Thats a lot of questions boys...

They answered a lot of them with pretty good responses i thought. There were a few i thought were meh...but overall im satisfied

Im not the white knight poe player, but i do choose to see that GGG has priorities and theyre also acknowledging the community.

Trade really wasnt addressed, but thats to be expected. Theyre trying to stay involved with us, and i feel like they are.

Idk about the whole dwindling irate community thing. That might be an overstatemet. Majority of people i play with dont EVER get on the forums, but the ones who do are normally the complainers. So possibly we see a jaded PoV on the forums.

Overall I am satisfied, thank you GGG i appreciate the involvement with the community
"
weezamon wrote:

dominating blow never got this fabled 55% less damage nerf you keep bringing up. It clearly states minions deal 35% less damage on the gem. going from 20% less to 35% doesn't equal 55% less.

learn to maths and search

**2.0:** Dom blow duration doesnt scale with levels and quality anymore, its now set to 20 seconds (previous max was 40seconds)

**2.0**: Minions now deal 20%less damage at level 1 and scale up to 20% more at lvl 20

**2.1:** Dominating blow's minion damage doesnt scale with levels anymore, fix 35% less damage

+20% --35% = 55%

Open your eyes and remove your fanboys glasses
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jul 5, 2016, 10:04:30 AM
"
As for people crossing the line and exploiting the game by abusing bugs, this is something that both happens far less than you think, and often is actually attributed to non-abusive behaviour coupled with tall stories. We often see people claiming exploits to explain how they got rich, but then when we investigate the accounts we find more mundane behaviour like faked screenshots, wealth pooling, RMT or just lucky drops.

RMT is mundane behavior now? Don't you still ban for that?

"
Having said all of that, the 2.4.0 release will drastically change everything you know about the end-game. It contains the upcoming system that has me the most excited.

Okay, I admit, I'm excited now. Might even forgive you for this continues-to-be-completely-stupid new exp penalty on high-level maps.

Which, by the way, having said that, please play your own damn game, you're wrong about red maps. Thanks to its perfect linearity and wide-but-not-too-wide roads, Plateau has the maximum _possible_ exp efficiency with the new exp penalty. If you make a T15 with the layout of gorge or plateau, that will be the new most efficient map, but not matter how much DPS you have, no current map (not even Colosseum) has a layout to give you more exp per hour than plateau. (it did _before_ this exp nerf, btw)
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 5, 2016, 10:52:30 AM
"
I really enjoy the prophecy item upgrades, as it brings life to some otherwise useless items. Can we keep this upgrade feature (possibly even expand on it)?

We like the feature too. It's a strong point in favour of keeping Prophecy and Navali around in the future. We haven't made a firm decision on that yet though.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Perhaps the third post is a charm:

"
Is Shavronne's Mutant Fish from the Vaal Temple supposed to six link any item in your inventory? That seems a little too powerful. I don't want to tell you guys how to balance, but that seems pretty broken.

For any system in the game, we like to have some very rare outcomes that are really powerful. It keeps people hunting for those elusive ones even when they've seen most of the other content we've created.

Why the hell is everybody just ignoring this?
For one: there is absolutely no info on how precisely fishing works. The freaking unique rod glows but I can't start fishing. BTW, the unique glowing fishing rod is some troll unique... I am asking myself whether ItsYoji really caught the fish appearing on his video about reef bane or was it provided by GGG to just feature on the video.
Post of people that either found Krillson or that the rod is glowing are all around reddit and forums. Apparently no one knows what to do.

As a consequence, there is no info on what purpose does a fish have and how to "use it". Now we, or at least I, learned that there is a freaking mutant ninja fish that 6L stuff.

I've been playing poe since open beta and I still have no clue how does this fishing of the damned work. And as the time past, the less I feel close to an answer. I am starting to think that no one really knows how to fishing and people saying they do, are actually just trolling.

Perhaps fishing isn't even a thing, but just a dark and provocative joke.
"Hey man, nice shot"
Brisa guild leader,
"All challenges" seeker.
"
DrazyHaze wrote:
I think theres some serious overreacting going on from the community standpoint. They answered a ton of questions...most companies dont do ANYTHING like this.

From their standpoint its just a PR campaign and mere illusion of feedback. If you adopt thinking that developer only has malicious intent and incompetent in what he is doing, these logic turns are pretty much instinctive.
An attitude is exclusive to f2p community, where easy access to a product can make people feel they "own and deserve" it, while any balance changes and monetary transactions are caused by some sort of evil parasite usurper that takes game away from them.

Reaction is going to get worse over time, because this bubble can't burst, neither people with this type of thinking can form anything constructive towards conflict resolution.
Last edited by Gehinom on Jul 5, 2016, 11:31:01 AM
"
With the recent popularity of the Warcraft movie, if GGG was ever approached to make a PoE movie, long run or short run TV series, would you accept?

Only if it was a serious offer from a company that could do the franchise justice. We've talked with people who wanted to make low-budget spin-offs, but if those turned out badly, they'd hurt our image more than help it.

If this were to ever happen make sure you have wording in the contract to state that under no circumstances is Uwe Boll to be involved in any way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info