Developer Q&A Answers

"
"
With the recent popularity of the Warcraft movie, if GGG was ever approached to make a PoE movie, long run or short run TV series, would you accept?

Only if it was a serious offer from a company that could do the franchise justice. We've talked with people who wanted to make low-budget spin-offs, but if those turned out badly, they'd hurt our image more than help it.

If this were to ever happen make sure you have wording in the contract to state that under no circumstances is Uwe Boll to be involved in any way.

Apparently Uwe Boll isn't that bad these days. Which is kind of a bad thing for him, because at least when he was awful people watched his movies to rip on them. Now his movies are just okay enough to be completely unremarkable. There was a certain insane charm to the garbage he used to make.
This is a buff™
please tell us about your plan for vaal skills as they could use a revamp. THey're not useful in the current state of the game due to the way izaro and council is designed (all new content.) Vaal skills are fun and i'm sure your data wills how you that use of them has dropped significantly in the prophecy league
"Certainly - we'd love to improve older skills but have to be careful about the players who are currently using the skill in a specific way for some esoteric combo or playstyle. While improving the game is always good, if we break too many people's characters while doing it, then it can have a net negative effect. Care must be taken."

i.e. Reduced Mana
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
Wow, I literally just noticed the Globe girls were changed and now i'm pissed.
There were many questions about Spectres and upcoming changes for this gem but no answers as usual... I am getting really disappointed.
IG: LastBOSSop
"
Blade Trap threw spectral copies of your melee weapon in a spiral, causing bleeding. We couldn't get it looking good and it didn't have a good place in the game without doing a fraction of the bleed damage of Puncture, which felt underwhelming. Melee weapon traps are still a possibility for in future!

just add bleeding to bear trap
In the first few paragraphs.

"Some unique items never quite are used appropriately by the players" (Paraphrasing.)

Holy shit guys, that's ignorant, stupid, a dick move and wildly incorrect all in the same sentence. You have to really have no grip on your own game to say something like that. What the hell happened here?

You've stated multiple times that the player base thinks up uses and combinations your developers never considered. Players have been screaming at you for years to get rid of "junk" uniques. Stuff even the vendors don't want anymore. Not even good for leveling or a first char.

For example, you, GGG. As a professional company that is pretty well thought of, intentionally SELL LAG/LATENCY/PERFORMANCE ISSUES/BAD LOAD TIMES IN THE FORM OF shiny littler pieces of MTX.

You know your system can't handle it. You know it will be used and abused by jackasses standing around in town glittering like so many teenage girls at their first Prom. But you do it anyway.

How do you, as a company view your OWN LAG CREATION AND DESTRUCTION of the player experience? Do you see THAT as a shortcoming of the player too?

Look, a lot of people got really sick of this game because of the developer attitude. Did a guy dupe something? Did you see him do it? Did he steal from you with fraudulent trading practices? If you tell other we will ban your access to the game. Not to mention you haven't even changed the fuckin skill tree in 2 and a half years. It's the same shit! You are forcing every char in the direction of glass cannon crit machines who time themselves in gorge maps. It's retarded. Whoever is in charge of this game currently needs to change his position in the company for 2 years. He's lost his touch.
"
How did you get to the point in your life to where you wanted to develop a game and how did the idea for Path of Exile come to existence?

Jonathan, Erik and I had some savings in the bank and a big plan in our heads. We had a very strong mutual agreement on exactly what we wanted to make (inspired by decades of combined play of Action RPGs). We were convinced that if we somehow made the big plan happen, we'd be able to develop and release Path of Exile. Despite our lack of game development experience, everything went according to plan. Don't try this at home!

Translation; we played a lot of Diablo 2 and stole most of their ideas.
Saved
Looks like noone from the vocal minority asked any lab related questions...better distract with fishing shit alone 5 dimwhit posts about fishing...seems it works

2x 50 lab critic threads for weeks on front page and no statement from his side instead we get cherry picked easy question feels like a zeno propaganda podcast

Way to go time will tell ppl will vote with there wallets way too many issues right now the hc situation is perfectly fine for him i guess

And like always you have to skip to page 5 to avoid the asskissing
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 5, 2016, 4:19:55 PM
"
Answer GGG pls! You will make Lab easier or dont? You nerfed alot of thing because of ascendancy passive skills, but if Lab is too hard to finish then those nerfs are so much... Not fun when i go through the whole Labyrinth and after a 2-3 hours run i die at the last Izaro and waste my time and start the whole Lab agian. (It was Cruel.) In Perandus league i had to level up my character to 70+ before i could do Cruel Lab. Where is the balance? There is so much difference between 55 and 70+ maps... The problem is if i count with ascendancy points when i make a build then i have a risk, that i cant finish them (except Normal Lab), but if i dont count with them then no reason to go in but the truth if i dont count with acendancy points then my builds cant reach their maximum potential. So again. You will make Lab easier or dont? (You have no choice, you have to!)

HOLY COW, 2-3hrs hm that sound not like poe, it sounds more like a world of warcraft raid :D

i want to link here the ladder for Uber Lab in HC
https://www.pathofexile.com/labyrinth/Hardcore%20Prophecy/1/1467676800

because wtf if it get nurfed what should people do o.o

comeon lets nurf more, when create a character, people start with lvl 90...
and i want all time 1000% IIR + IIQ i hope i get faster my gear i need
when that don't work

i cry for next nurf!
Last edited by Virago3 on Jul 5, 2016, 3:00:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info