Developer Q&A Answers

"
Is it possible to get league-specific unique items through divination cards, that grant a generic type of items (e.g. Unique Ring)? Are there some kind of restrictions

You can't get those through such general cards. This is because they're meant to be unobtainable, except through Zana and the specific cards for those ones.

Are you 100% positive on this? I'm almost 100% certain I've gotten Gifts from Above from a Hubris set - I know for a fact I've gotten one from Divination cards. I've never turned in a Time Lost Relic set. The only other set it could have possibly been was Jack in the Box.
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
Last edited by LostArtz on Jul 4, 2016, 11:13:40 PM
Good Job!
The insanely fast clear speed ruined group games. I remember the times when it was worth building purpose based teams. Those were by far the best days running my guild. New players were inspired by the teamwork and we had a natural sense of mutual need. Now days nobody has time for that, because of the lack of reward for slower paced strategies.

Also, clear speed is not directly related to drops/reward (as Chris claims) considering you can adjust drop rate. It's a poor excuse for lack of combat mechanics.

Have fun spamming your movement flasks.

-beef
Last edited by beefnuggy on Jul 4, 2016, 11:29:45 PM
You forgot to include Righteous Lightning in your list of cancelled skill prototypes.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
LostArtz wrote:
"
Is it possible to get league-specific unique items through divination cards, that grant a generic type of items (e.g. Unique Ring)? Are there some kind of restrictions

You can't get those through such general cards. This is because they're meant to be unobtainable, except through Zana and the specific cards for those ones.

Are you 100% positive on this? I'm almost 100% certain I've gotten Gifts from Above from a Hubris set - I know for a fact I've gotten one from Divination cards. I've never turned in a Time Lost Relic set. The only other set it could have possibly been was Jack in the Box.

I also got a Death Rush. If someone can check the logs for standard. The card should have been turned in within a month or two.

I know some other people have mentioned getting league specific rings. Maybe it is something specific to Hubris?
@Chris: In the future would it be possible to use a visually less offensive color formatting for these type of posts? It's physically painful to try and read this with the type of colorblindness I have, only comparable to trying to stare into the sun. I'm specifically referring to the color that the questions are in.

Thanks for hopefully considering this and for the time you and your team have put into answering all these questions. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"

Was this changed recently? I recieved a voideye from hubris (which grants a unique ring) and I have seen others get "the harvest" from the battle born (grants a unique axe), as well as plenty more that have got league exclusives from jack in the box (unique item).

or am I misreading the question?
Can u will added a new objet to character inventory? for example, grim dawn has a talisman item other than amulet, u guys only haves bots, helm, bodyarmor, armor, shield, 2 rings and amulet. Maybe a extra item like a talisman can be great for character customization.
all very reasonable and encouraging stuff, thanks for taking the time to do this, enjoyed the read.

The mentions of endgame are very interesting, not letting myself gt carried away too far in advance but curiosity has been tickled.

edit: btw, theres so much stuff thats obviously "yes but backburner because so much stuffs on the plate". Totally understandable, theres limits to what can be done. I can only speak for myself but Id be happy to see treadmill of leagues and expansions slow a little to get some of these issues space to be dealt with rather than drag on through new content updates and persist in making the existing game constantly less than it could be as it goes along.

I too have had death rush from a generic div card of some sort btw, hubris, jackbox, something along these lines.

Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jul 4, 2016, 11:46:29 PM
Oh ... for the movement skill thing how about just buffing everything else to Whirling Blades level? :(

By Whirling Blades level I mostly mean being able to use it without holding shift. This also applies to some non-movement skills too. For a big part of this league I've been using Marohi Erhi for Earthquake so Leap Slam was my only option. Aside from the shift thing it seemed fine even with a 0.99 APS weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info