Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

Leaving a game in order to play said game... so pathetic.
"
DalaiLama wrote:

My suspicions are that people are far too impatient with their trading. Every now and then I will run into a couple of sellers that don't respond, but the vast majority of them respond. A few are AFK - no big deal, I can try other sellers or message them again later.

I've had numerous times where someone was mapping and got back to me afterwards for the trade. I've had some tell me the item was sold a few min ago (and sure enough, a check later on shows it missing from Poe.trade). I've had people that were AFK message me later, sometimes MUCH later to see if I still wanted to trade. In some cases I did, and in others I had already made the trade I needed.

I didn't have a problem with any of these. From reading many of the posts, others feel like these minor inconveniences or wait times are like having their thumb torn off with a pair of pliers.

This is really how I feel, too. My personal experience has been that yes, there are afkers and people who don't reply, and this is annoying, but they don't completely ruin my trade experience.
Last edited by natefactor07 on Jun 29, 2016, 12:08:01 PM
"
raxleberne wrote:
Player interaction is a shitty meme noone believes in besides few selected most illuded whiteknights

"player joined area"
"trade accepted"
"ty"
"ty"
"player left area"

Path of Exile is a multiplayer game. While any given player may like or dislike player interaction, expecting GGG to take it out of the game doesn't make any sense at all.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Siochan wrote:

playing games with one monitor is ... so last millenium.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
It isn't the trading system in PoE that is broken, it is player expectations.

my thoughts and concerns exactly. people like to emphasize the uniqueness of poe and how they like it and in the same moment try to turn it into other games.

but eventually you can't blame them, they beat the game by min/maxing their play style, it's only consequent that they extend that to all remaining game topics like trade.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 29, 2016, 12:10:19 PM
"
vio wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:

playing games with one monitor is ... so last millenium.

Nothing to do about two monitors or QoL, it's completely amateur game development and, well, pathetic.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
It isn't the trading system in PoE that is broken, it is player expectations.

People complain about a seller responding that they are busy. Who would have thought it? A player is actually playing the game and not sitting around managing their shop.

That's a response - it's fine. I can work with that. It lets me set expectations ("can you trade after? I will wait") and rest easy knowing I'll have the item or at least can negotiate with them for it (depending on the circumstance) once they're available. Not getting a response at all leaves me stuck wondering if they're just ignoring me or otherwise occupied for the moment. Which means waiting and possibly trying them again in a few minutes. The frequency that this occurs is what makes it so frustrating. It's not just a few minutes when you have to message 10 different people just to get a warm body, and even then they may be a nightmare to deal with (attitude, language barrier, etc.). Trading is the opposite of a fun experience in this game.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
Lastly, a player isn't obligated to respond to your offer anymore than a cute girl hanging out at the bar is obligated to talk to you. There are plenty of other fishes on Poe.trade.

What makes another "fish" any more attractive than the one messaging you in that moment in those scenarios where the b/o is being offered? That should be a quick/clean sale - seller asks for a price, buyer matches the price. No negotiating required. Why would you pass that opportunity as a seller?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
I've had numerous times where someone was mapping and got back to me afterwards for the trade. I've had some tell me the item was sold a few min ago (and sure enough, a check later on shows it missing from Poe.trade). I've had people that were AFK message me later, sometimes MUCH later to see if I still wanted to trade. In some cases I did, and in others I had already made the trade I needed.

That's fine as well. They're getting back to you eventually rather than simply ignoring your message. They're making an effort to acknowledge you in some way, and that little bit of human decency is the kind of "player interaction" that should be occurring for a functional system. But people are assholes on the internet where everyone is mostly anonymous - it is very much like road rage/traffic issues where everyone feels like everyone else is being an idiot, so they only look out for themselves or even make it a point to be an ass to others in some cases.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 29, 2016, 12:35:13 PM
"
Siochan wrote:

Defending a developer that has been promising and failed the implementation of a core feature of the game since beta is pathetic.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Siochan wrote:

Nothing to do about two monitors or QoL, it's completely amateur game development and, well, pathetic.

i call it "community driven development" and why is it pathetic given the limited financial ressources they have?

"
TheWretch wrote:
Defending a developer that has been promising and failed the implementation of a core feature of the game since beta is pathetic.

i'd them rather implement nothing than something that is bad for the game.

for example they never wanted players to be able to specify buyouts but implemented them anyway, a mistake imho.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:

i call it "community driven development" and why is it pathetic given the limited financial ressources they have?

"
TheWretch wrote:

for example they never wanted players to be able to specify buyouts but implemented them anyway, a mistake imho.

So because they don't want an AH we get nothing? Great.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
vio wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:

"
TheWretch wrote:

They should implement SOMETHING even if they replicate the web browser application poe.trade into the game. I'll say it again... Leaving a game in order to play the game is absolutely amateur development and pathetic!

P.S. You say 'limited resources' yet we have multiple releases of the shitty lab.
Last edited by Siochan on Jun 29, 2016, 12:56:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info