Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

"
ressiv wrote:
I dont get how people care so much about player interaction with trades. I really give zero, seriously zero, shits about player interaction outside guild.

If you want to talk to someone while trading go to the damn grocery store.

Lol. Ikr. I just want the item or the currency. I get annoyed when ppl wsp "Hi", wait for a reply and then are like "I'd loke to buy x y z." Like just copy to clipboard, paste in game, come to my h/o without being told and make the damn trade. Who wants to turn a trade into a two hour long date lmao. Like evaluate your life if you need to form a bond with your buyer or seller. It's like those people at the store that talk the cashier's ear off about the weather or literally nothing while 20 people stand inline just wanting to pay lol.
Deliver pain exquisite
I posted this over in the Feeback/Suggestions forum, but it might get more comments here.

Trade / AH Compromise
I think this could be done without coming up with an entirely new system, just a few tweaks.
Add a new NPC or Stash Chest to our hideout that would contain a single premium stash tab (give one away for free, and charge a premium for additional). Using the NPC vendor interface already in the game, people could enter your hideout and purchase items from the vendor at the prices you set in the tab. The way a user would get into your hideout would be a new portal or location on the waypoint map that would prompt you for a character name. You would enter the name of the person you want to shop at and it would take you to their hideout. To get your payments, the owner of the shop would see a “Remove Only” tab with all the currency the vendor has collected.

Pros:
- Code already in the game for NPC shopping interface, premium stash tab pricing and remove
only tabs for getting paid.
- API is already in place for the premium stash tab and poe.trade or other trackers would still
work to provide searching of player run stores.
- No more gaming the system, if the item is in the store for a set price, people can purchase it
for that price.
- No more AFK or Offline sellers
- More people would see lavishly decorated hideouts and more people would purchase MTXs to
decorate with (more cash for GGG)
- More people would buy the vendor stash tabs to expand their store (more cash for GGG)
- Not pay to win (everyone gets a free single tab vendor)

Cons
- No more face-to-face trading (although is this really a con with the two letter communication
between buyer and seller?)
- Bots (I think this is already going on today)
- Market chaos until the prices settle (probably lower)

Thoughts and comments?
"
Gravity8595 wrote:
I posted this over in the Feeback/Suggestions forum, but it might get more comments here.

Trade / AH Compromise
I think this could be done without coming up with an entirely new system, just a few tweaks.
Add a new NPC or Stash Chest to our hideout that would contain a single premium stash tab (give one away for free, and charge a premium for additional). Using the NPC vendor interface already in the game, people could enter your hideout and purchase items from the vendor at the prices you set in the tab. The way a user would get into your hideout would be a new portal or location on the waypoint map that would prompt you for a character name. You would enter the name of the person you want to shop at and it would take you to their hideout. To get your payments, the owner of the shop would see a “Remove Only” tab with all the currency the vendor has collected.

Pros:
- Code already in the game for NPC shopping interface, premium stash tab pricing and remove
- API is already in place for the premium stash tab and poe.trade or other trackers would still
- No more gaming the system, if the item is in the store for a set price, people can purchase it
for that price.
- More people would see lavishly decorated hideouts and more people would purchase MTXs to
- More people would buy the vendor stash tabs to expand their store (more cash for GGG)

Cons
- No more face-to-face trading (although is this really a con with the two letter communication

Thoughts and comments?

+1

this was a good idea , it shouldn't be too hard to do for ggg either ( i assume ) .
lol ggg will earn some cash at the same time with the trading chest too .
I consider myself a "hybrid" in regards to self-found and trading. The forced interaction with players is one of the major reasons I can't be bothered to set up a shop to peddle my garbage. However, I still trade with other people in order to get items I need. My currency gain is self-found, but most of the good gear I've acquired was done through trading.

I bet if I took the time to set up a shop, I'd probably be a lot wealthier for sure.

We don't need an AH, necessarily. We just need a trade system that removes player interaction. You put your items in a stash tab allocated for trading, set price tag and if someone buys it, it get mailed directly to their stash.

Boom, work is done. You can go about playing the game and frequently check out your stash tab to see if any items had been sold.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
It isn't the trading system in PoE that is broken, it is player expectations.

Expectation is you have a working trading system, which PoE at it's current state doesn't have.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
People love to haggle when they can pay less for an item, but they hate it when it is the seller trying to get a better price. That is called hypocrisy. Haggling is a two way street - some people enjoy it, some hate it.

Tera, for example, has an auction house where you can still haggle: first you search for an item you want, then you choose to either buy it or try to haggle (only works with players that are online at the time). The seller receives a small pop-up that someone's haggling for your item and lists the price the buyer wanted to pay. You then choose to either accept it or decline it. Why wouldn't this work on PoE?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
People complain about low buyouts that aren't actually for sale - but they happily enjoy the lower priced items that some of these under priced listings cause.

Do you then enjoy seeing Tabulas for 1 alt in your search results or Exalted for 1c, both of which are obviously fake prices?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
People complain about a seller responding that they are busy. Who would have thought it? A player is actually playing the game and not sitting around managing their shop.

It is pretty irritating if people farming lab or Atziri or such can't stop for a sec and just say they'll get back to you after they finish said content (given that they aren't closing the end or in the middle of the last phase of a boss).

"
DalaiLama wrote:
The item might be under priced by that seller to help them buy similar items and not actually for sale.

Isn't that one the main problems currently: people trying to manipulate market by listing fake offers? Could you think of any way to prevent this happening?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
Lastly, a player isn't obligated to respond to your offer anymore than a cute girl hanging out at the bar is obligated to talk to you. There are plenty of other fishes on Poe.trade.

Why wouldn't the seller sell the item for you if it's a legit listing? Because of your looks? Did your breath stink? Chances are you don't know each others so highly unlikely they'd hold a grudge against you.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
My suspicions are that people are far too impatient with their trading. Every now and then I will run into a couple of sellers that don't respond, but the vast majority of them respond. A few are AFK - no big deal, I can try other sellers or message them again later.

How long you have to wait to not be called 'impatient'? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? An hour? poe.trade doesn't have a feature that shows when a seller was last online. Am I 'impatient' if it irritates me that I don't know if the seller is even playing anymore?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
Allowing an AH would just turn any of the good deals into BOT flipper/trader food, and would drive down the value of higher price items (for those that are hoping to get a good amount of orbs for that really nice item they found).

Only even remotely valid argument against AH is 'bots'. If bots were to run rampant and ruin the AH, devs would most likely step up and work to counter the bots, no? This all is just speculating. Maybe the anti-cheat system is already strong enough to counter bots from running rampant?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
An AH would lead to this game becoming solely self found, as the people that actually played the game were priced out of the market (both in selling and buying) by the flippers and inevitable botting.

[citation needed]

Got any examples here? I'm sure there are multiple games with AH so shouldn't be too hard to name a few that have been ruined by bots controlling it.
"
Gravity8595 wrote:

Trade / AH Compromise

Pros:
for that price.

Cons

Thoughts and comments?

Once a buyer enters the hideout and selects an item for purchase, a counter of 1 minute starts. If another player comes during that time and attempts to buy the same item (i.e. really good deals), the players have to duel in the your h/o for the item. Winner take all. Hardcore deaths don't count as deaths in this scenario. Players that are "killed" in this exchange are spawned back safely in their h/o in the league they are participating in. Softcore players would not lose experience as a result of the death as well.

imagine fighting for an item you really want? lol EPIC.
Last edited by Prizy on Jun 29, 2016, 3:03:07 PM
"

Once a buyer enters the hideout and selects an item for purchase, a counter of 1 minute starts. If another player comes during that time and attempts to buy the same item (i.e. really good deals), the players have to duel in the your h/o for the item. Winner take all. Hardcore deaths don't count as deaths in this scenario. Players that are "killed" in this exchange are spawned back safely in their h/o in the league they are participating in. Softcore players would not lose experience as a result of the death as well.

Number one rule of Fight Club.....
"
Gravity8595 wrote:
"

Number one rule of Fight Club.....

Imagine how much depth this would add to people designing their h/o though lol. I would definitely create a fighting pit in my h/o and under price items just to see people go at it. Would be so awesome lol.
Some of you guys just need to grow the hell up and get over this whole idea that people somehow "need" to acknowledge you.

Be the change you want to see in the world and stop complaining like a spoiled child. What goes around comes around.

"
Morbyn wrote:
Some of you guys just need to grow the hell up and get over this whole idea that people somehow "need" to acknowledge you.

Be the change you want to see in the world and stop complaining like a spoiled child. What goes around comes around.

Spoken like a 16 year old who thinks he "gets" the world. Why doesn't everyone else see it this way? It's so simple right?

Anybody who sells something, in this case GGG and MTXs; has an interest in "needing" to acknowledge their customers, or people will stop buying from them. Crazy I know.

E #2 : Dismissing a chunk of your customer base as a "minority" because they don't like something you've made is also extremely poor form. Especially when you've got the gall to just state that as fact and not provide any numbers whatsoever. Ya, sure, we trust you.

Spoiler
LOL.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 29, 2016, 4:24:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info