Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

"
I really just want a delivery system for low priced items.

Example now when I want a Unique to get a Prohpecy:

Hi, I'd like to buy your x for 1 Alch in Prophecy
User is AFK

User is not logged in

No response

User is AFK

Sry I'm doing Lab

User is not logged in

Sry I'm doing a rota

Ok
Invite
"t4t"
"t4t"
Leave Party

Dafuq LOL

Nice trade interaction. Just deliver me the damn 1 Alch Unique so I can back to getting shitty Prophecies to take off my screen.

You can always just type the following in trade chat of Prophecy league:
I'd like to buy a x for 1 Alch.

Adjust prices if no one responds. Not hard.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
ressiv wrote:
I dont get how people care so much about player interaction with trades. I really give zero, seriously zero, shits about player interaction outside guild.

If you want to talk to someone while trading go to the damn grocery store.

Like I said, the player interaction is nothing but a poor excuses used by GGG for not developing a real trading system and by shady traders not wanting to lose their advantage because the fastest way to make money is thru ripping off people and scamming... and with a real trading system rip offs and scams might be eliminated which is a big nono for many whiteknights and poe elite pros.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Amount of time wasted for trying buy something is rly huge. PoE need AH / mail system with poe.trade quality search engine.
"
ressiv wrote:
I dont get how people care so much about player interaction with trades

any other ideas on how to prevent fully automated trading?

ggg ever planned to provide the means to agree about a price offline in their first attempts to change trade, but the transaction itself must be in the game and done manually.

there are many good reasons on why trading could be made easier and more comfortable but all those have side effects, for example if you make the cross instance item exchange between players easier, it lowers the pressure of players to buy stash tabs and so threatens to lower ggg's only income.

as long as you argument these issues from your personal point of view, they will notice your opinion but nobody of ggg will take them serious.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
I dont get how people care so much about player interaction with trades

any other ideas on how to prevent fully automated trading?

ggg ever planned to provide the means to agree about a price offline in their first attempts to change trade, but the transaction itself must be in the game and done manually.

there are many good reasons on why trading could be made easier and more comfortable but all those have side effects, for example if you make the cross instance item exchange between players easier, it lowers the pressure of players to buy stash tabs and so threatens to lower ggg's only income.

as long as you argument these issues from your personal point of view, they will notice your opinion but nobody of ggg will take them serious.

Yep I agree. GGG kept the trading system as cancer as possible in order to make money.
Thanks for replying.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I do not think GGG needs to even make an AH, just find a way to trade that does not require

Spoiler
player's interaction. Please GGG I cannot take you seriously if you expect that to be an excuse of making the smoothest transaction possible. I know you can do and be better than this. -_-

Poe.trade already acts like the indices of an AH's search bar, just need to give less room for offline, I iz in dif leg (temp league), or lab (right before Izaro battle, the room where the stash is can be the best place to trade) to mess around.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 29, 2016, 4:15:49 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
PoE Trade is 100% as fucking AH as AH could get but worse because people gets to play dirty like uncut everyone with a fake listing to disrupt normal market development or trade scams that came with no automated trading. Also the reliance on 3rd party website as well as no ingame UI for search criteria like PoE.Trade has.

The whole "player interaction" argument is nothing but a laughable excuse for not developing a functional ingame trading system. Everyone and their mom knows that the player interaction PoE trading offers is totally worthless.

Actually you end up hating on that lowballer or no reply sellers a little more every time it happens and to the sellers you end up hating on people constently pming you for a 1c item while you are in a rota or in lab.

But then again PoE whiteknights will never allow this to happen. Because ripping noobs off and scam the shit outta people and cause them to quit the game is part of the "genuine PoE experience"

Hahaaa Word!

There is WAY more scams here than AH3 ever had despite all it's imperfections. Hell Poe.trade actually built in a trade bot D3 never did that and limited searches per min for the secret/proprietary bots (actually from same IP) but same difference.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 29, 2016, 4:47:17 AM
Trade is not mandatory, which is an odd claim I often see people make. I was able to hit 36 challenges easily this league solo self found (which, to be fair, I could not do with challenges in previous leagues), and I've leveled tons of HC characters to 80+ without trading. This league in HC my "sale" tab was just stuff with a note that said "free if you need it," and I gave away many exalts worth of items.

The fact that trading is not mandatory is no excuse to have terrible trading in the game, though.

I've been an advocate for some kind of marketplace with automatic sales or some other form of automated trading for years. I don't see any merit in the arguments against one. The economy will change, but it will not be destroyed. The most negative aspects of trading (not getting responses, fake prices, people wasting your time, etc.) will be completely eliminated.

I think the best suggestion I've seen is for a new master in hideouts to sell your stuff. You give them stuff and price it, it goes on the market, people search for and find it (in game!), then go to your hideout and buy your stuff from the master. They can also message you with questions if they have any.

The exact details of how a trading master would work (possible cost to list items, item limit, and so on) would be up to GGG, but that would be an awesome change. The player interaction we have now is mostly trivial and is not remotely worth the terrible parts of the POE trading experience. This suggestion would at least keep some level of the good interaction while making sure that decorating hideouts is still relevant.
I dare to disagree. There is an interaction involved within current form of trade. Yes I admit it's very inconvinient having to go thru all the afk, not logged in and just busy guys, but sometimes there is a guy who make a comment about your ho or ur mtx or just ask for advice. I made a few friends this way. :)
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
Personally when I started Path of Exile, I was against an auction house. But with the current technology and players basically building their own auction house websites, it wouldn't matter anymore. It would make trade a bit easier, and we wouldn't have to find people online to buy their stuff.
Another thing GGG could do is when players set a buy-out for an item, the player that buys that item will have it's currrency removed and placed where the item was, and then place the bought item in the players inventory. Without any real player interaction.

However, the real issue with trading isn't ease of trading, or how often actual players trade. the real issue with an auction house is both the botters(who will write auction house scripts) and the flippers, who will camp the auction house 24/7. These two kinds of "players"(for lack of a better word), are the ones who destroy the markets in every online game. Meaning that even if GGG were to make an auction house, they would have to make limits so those two types of players cannot destroy the market. Limits like only being able to buy and sell two items through the auction house per day, only being able to list 3-5 items maximum, a maximum buy-out limit of 10 exalted(so people cannot keep inflating prices) etc etc. Limits that actual players wouldn't really feel, but the ones that want to/will destroy the economy would.

PS: I'm mostly a self found player with self created builds who occasionally trades, trading is definately NOT mandatory in this game.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Jun 29, 2016, 5:11:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info