Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

I found it pretty interesting how much attention a particular Reddit thread is getting. Even as a serious fanboy of this game, trade has never felt smooth or just right, but I'm worried GGG will see all the activity on Reddit and make changes to trade that would negatively impact the game.

It's a serious concern of mine.

One thing I have noticed is that ever since poe.trade implemented the whisper/copy to clipboard functionality, the experience of trading with another player has been much less interesting.

This does highlight how much the game experience hinges on a third party program, and I wonder if the person running poe.trade removed the easy whisper/copy to clipboard functionality, trade would improve, even if just slightly.

One suggestion on Reddit was to give us NPC vendors that buyers would interact with. I'm concerned that haggling would be impossible or nearly non-existent with that system. True, it's already done only in a small minority of transactions, but to me it's still a very important part of trade.

I haggle a significant number of high priced items, and considering how many people don't haggle, I feel that it's an advantage for those who decide to go through the trouble of negotiating a price.

I also think an auction house would further devalue items on the lower end of the market to the point where they are just vendor trash (tri resist rare items can already be found for just 1c in prophecy SC), and increase the price of valuable items to the point where they are much more out of reach for most players. Sounds like Standard league economy to me. No thanks.

Pushing good items down in value would be the opposite of what GGG set out to achieve with itemization in this game in the first place, which, IIRC, was making items valuable at least to some degree - not making things vendor trash like in some other ARPGs.

Anyone else share these concerns?

Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 9:59:32 AM
I really just want a delivery system for low priced items.

Example now when I want a Unique to get a Prohpecy:

Hi, I'd like to buy your x for 1 Alch in Prophecy
User is AFK

User is not logged in

No response

User is AFK

Sry I'm doing Lab

User is not logged in

Sry I'm doing a rota

Ok
Invite
"t4t"
"t4t"
Leave Party

Dafuq LOL

Nice trade interaction. Just deliver me the damn 1 Alch Unique so I can back to getting shitty Prophecies to take off my screen.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
There is no player interaction really and has that meme always been a cop out for not doing AH. poe.trade is just an AH that requires someone at KB on both ends online which is super frustrating..

As far as items being driven into vendor trash. I dont believe that but even it they were everything is relative. Whatever you used to sell for say 5C prior to AH and fell to 1alc means you can buy same item for 1alc so nothing is lost. You don't make as much for low level unique but don't pay as much either. It's a wash.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 29, 2016, 1:50:45 AM
Trade is okay as is, there are a lot of bigger issues to solve since prophecy.
GGG is very happy not having to deal with trade. That takes work and employees. They will never ever accept responsibility for that part of the game even though it is mandatory.
"
LOOZING wrote:
GGG is very happy not having to deal with trade. That takes work and employees. They will never ever accept responsibility for that part of the game even though it is mandatory.

What have you done...

Prep your anus for all of the solo self found white knights...
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
LOOZING wrote:

What have you done...

Prep your anus for all of the solo self found white knights...

Technically, it's not entirely mandatory. Let's just say it's highly recommended unless you have a ton of free time and patience :) Same thing as the 'stash tabs are pay to win' argument. It's not technically 100% true...

Just mostly true.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
PoE Trade is 100% as fucking AH as AH could get but worse because people gets to play dirty like uncut everyone with a fake listing to disrupt normal market development or trade scams that came with no automated trading. Also the reliance on 3rd party website as well as no ingame UI for search criteria like PoE.Trade has.

The whole "player interaction" argument is nothing but a laughable excuse for not developing a functional ingame trading system. Everyone and their mom knows that the player interaction PoE trading offers is totally worthless.

Actually you end up hating on that lowballer or no reply sellers a little more every time it happens and to the sellers you end up hating on people constently pming you for a 1c item while you are in a rota or in lab.

But then again PoE whiteknights will never allow this to happen. Because ripping noobs off and scam the shit outta people and cause them to quit the game is part of the "genuine PoE experience"
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 29, 2016, 3:23:08 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
PoE Trade is 100% as fucking AH as AH could get but worse because people gets to play dirty like uncut everyone with a fake listing to disrupt normal market development or trade scams that came with no automated trading. Also the reliance on 3rd party website as well as no ingame UI for search criteria like PoE.Trade has.

The whole "player interaction" argument is nothing but a laughable excuse for not developing a functional ingame trading system. Everyone and their mom knows that the player interaction PoE trading offers is totally worthless.

Actually you end up hating on that lowballer or no reply sellers a little more every time it happens and to the sellers you end up hating on people constently pming you for a 1c item while you are in a rota or in lab.

But then again PoE whiteknights will never allow this to happen. Because ripping noobs off and scam the shit outta people and cause them to quit the game is part of the "genuine PoE experience"

+1
I dont get how people care so much about player interaction with trades. I really give zero, seriously zero, shits about player interaction outside guild.

If you want to talk to someone while trading go to the damn grocery store.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info