[2.3][Prophecy][lvl 96, R28] Mjolner Voll's Juggernaut 6.9k hp, high damage+clear speed, high budget

"
I honestly don't see the value of using a rare ring + death's door over Kaom's Way + rare boots with resists. Care to elaborate on the choice?

Deaths door is 15% all res + a ring with resist base is 30-32 total res, totalling 75-77 res that you cannot get with using kaoms sign+rare boots. If you're not bothered about reaching ele weakness cap then kaoms sign would be the cheaper option.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
GGG, I hope you're seeing this build. If this crap doesn't get nerf-obliterated next patch, it will automatically invalidate every melee armor build, every melee pathfinder, and maybe even CoC discharge.

Requires 20 ex to even get started, over 100 ex in potential to min-max. With 20 ex you can get all those builds to similar power levels, but...

The thing about this is that it is physical immune, has 90% ele reduction with flasks up, loads of sustain, loads of HP, insane DPS, very good clear speed. It's only lacking more places to tech in MF, other than that it has it all.

I don't see the core of this build getting changes. As Chris mentioned, they don't like nerfing inherent mechanics (Gladiator still has perma fortify, they will probably not nerf the "get 1 get max EC"). They will probably nerf the other Juggernaut points, making it less "perfect" in every other aspect. There is no way, though, to nerf this to a sweet spot (would involve nerfing multiple mechanics and items, wich is not feasible) without killing the build entirely, so I have my worries about this in 2.4.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
"
Ridelith wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
GGG, I hope you're seeing this build. If this crap doesn't get nerf-obliterated next patch, it will automatically invalidate every melee armor build, every melee pathfinder, and maybe even CoC discharge.

Requires 20 ex to even get started, over 100 ex in potential to min-max. With 20 ex you can get all those builds to similar power levels, but...

The thing about this is that it is physical immune, has 90% ele reduction with flasks up, loads of sustain, loads of HP, insane DPS, very good clear speed. It's only lacking more places to tech in MF, other than that it has it all.

I don't see the core of this build getting changes. As Chris mentioned, they don't like nerfing inherent mechanics (Gladiator still has perma fortify, they will probably not nerf the "get 1 get max EC"). They will probably nerf the other Juggernaut points, making it less "perfect" in every other aspect. There is no way, though, to nerf this to a sweet spot (would involve nerfing multiple mechanics and items, wich is not feasible) without killing the build entirely, so I have my worries about this in 2.4.

Requires the 20 EX ammy to get started...and basically finish. Sure, you can get a GG life, res, endurance belt for 6 EX, and death's door for another 5, but beyond that, it's still a bunch of affordable uniques (mjolner, devoto's, repentance, romira's, saffel's/RotP).

There are several ways to obliterate this:

Discharge: self-cast only, and give it a cooldown.

Voll's Devotion: lower chance to 20% chance to get an endurance charge. AKA if you're chugging power charges some other way, you can fill up on endurance charges fairly quickly, but if you're discharging, it's gonna suck. Or they can just put "you cannot cast discharge".

Romira's: generates power charges on non-crit if you've crit recently, consumes all power charges on crit. AKA you have to actually crit once every 4 seconds, so it should be a crit-helper, not a "Rommira's + RT = LOL 3 more discharge PCs".

Essentially, it feels like this build does a bunch of unintended things.

Juggernaut: supposed to be this big, beefy, tanky defensive class. Discharge: turns it into a discharge wizard.

Romira's: supposed to help you crit. Instead, this build takes RT to make sure it never crits.

Voll's Devotion: supposed to give a few endurance charges to some squishy wizards. Instead, used to get bonkers DPS on discharge.

Discharge: nova-type skill for taking out packs. Instead, turned into FPS-destroying monstrosity.

GGG needs to make sure that the intended use is how everything does work, rather than have the strongest use case be some unintended rube-goldberg faceroll everything rube goldberg machine.
could use blasph enfeeble+ arctic armour over purity of light/cold.

with excellent gear or rare helm. just a thought.
"
Lordsidro wrote:
could use blasph enfeeble+ arctic armour over purity of light/cold.

with excellent gear or rare helm. just a thought.

Gets progressively hard to get the necessary resistances. Dropping devoto for a rare helmet means a lot less clear speed because of the movement speed mainly and the attack speed secondarily. It can work if you aren't using Death's Door, as very good rare boots could compensate the resistances.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
"Note: physical defences are irrelevant because of 99% immortal call uptime"

As a HC Mjölner player 99% is not enough for me. One small lagspike without any charges and you can say byebye :D

I still buffed up my char to have 20k+ armor, 3 aura + enfeeble/elemental weakness depends of the situation.
Got this beauty from Brittle Emperor:

Running Enfeeble+Temp Chains instead of Purities atm. Not sure if 3 Purities would be better...

Probably will have to use Purities instead of curses once i switch to repentance/death's door/devotos (using rares to cap my resists atm)

Any advice?
Last edited by ZilWins on Jun 29, 2016, 11:00:44 PM
"
Got this beauty from Brittle Emperor:

What I would do is sell it and buy the cheapest volls and you'll have 20-30 ex left over. Blasphemy curses are great but require hefty investment to have noticeable effect on map bosses, which is where it would really matter.

The exception is uber atziri in which you only need purity of fire (dodge all storm calls), so filling up your mana with 2 curses is fine.
Is Kaom's Way good for this build?
What's the advantage of this build compared to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1688570/page/1? This one seems pretty tanky too...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info