The Ascendency Labyrinth - My Conclusions so far and how to solve the Problem!

"
Don't give the members of the bully brigade any of your attention, SeedReaper.

Any and all feedback from any and ALL players is worthy of its place on this forum. GGG should feel fortunate that people still do.

For unknown reasons, GGG has chosen to allow the bully brigade to persist in their belittling, harassment and constant breaking of the forum code. But it's their call. Their forum. I feel that the bully brigade owns a bit of this forum now as well.

Keep on doing your best to provide your views on this game. It IS important.
"Bully Brigade" lol'd

Soo that makes you a part of the "easily offended when given criticism but ignores everyone else because you dont want to listen to any form of logic" Brigade.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
deleted
Last edited by SeedReaper on Jun 13, 2016, 6:06:28 PM
Highly doubtful you did any of that before otherwise you wouldnt complain.

Also, lol'd, even more excuses and relying on the "its a shit post" when people use actual logic that goes against your beliefs.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Highly doubtful you did any of that before otherwise you wouldnt complain.

Also, lol'd, even more excuses and relying on the "its a shit post" when people use actual logic that goes against your beliefs.

There's never any 'logic' in your posts. And if there is, it's difficult to see it through the low-brow, insulting, TOU breaking attacking in ALL of your posts. Were you not taught any manners as a youngster?
Sure there is, hints why they stay as is.

Also, its funny how you do blanket insults and think youre an angel.

[Removed by Support] Did no one teach you ask a kid to accept when youre wrong ?

Last edited by Emma_GGG on Jun 12, 2016, 9:42:54 PM
"
So, mods. Are you going to let this guy keep on doing what he's doing, or are we allowed true frontier vigilante justice and ALSO stay untouched?

PM me the answer if you wish
"Don't give the members of the bully brigade any of your attention, SeedReaper.

Any and all feedback from any and ALL players is worthy of its place on this forum. GGG should feel fortunate that people still do.

For unknown reasons, GGG has chosen to allow the bully brigade to persist in their belittling, harassment and constant breaking of the forum code. But it's their call. Their forum. I feel that the bully brigade owns a bit of this forum now as well.

Keep on doing your best to provide your views on this game. It IS important."

Blanket insults, insults in the next post, and then calls for "mods"

Nice victim playing there buddy.

Also i like how you didnt respond at all and went immediately to calling for mods when called out on your [Removed by Support] statement.

Last edited by Emma_GGG on Jun 12, 2016, 9:43:48 PM
@OP

This idea only addresses traps as far as I can tell. There are other reasons that some people do not like the lab. I personally do not mind traps at all. I dislike the disabling of TPs, the length of the lab, and the disabling of Vaal Skills vs Izaro.

I hope this thread has not been derailed enough to prevent my legitimate comments be heard...

Anyway, OP, I think you're on to something with your idea, but it's not exactly elegant. For one, how would you decide which labyrinth to take? Two doors in the aspirant's plaza, one blocked by a puzzle, one blocked by a monster?

Or would there just be two "paths" out of the first crossing/walkway/halls room?

Splitting it like that just doesn't make it clear to the player of the difference, unless you go out and explicitly tell them the difference. But even then, how do they know which one is right for them? Some would overestimate their skills, and some would overestimate their character. Inevitably, community guides would dictate to people which one is easiest/fastest, even if both are fairly equal, making the distinction useless in the first place.

My suggestion is counter to yours, but I think it would functionality achieve the same thing, even while not appearing to change much at all.

Instead of having two labyrinths, there is still only one. However, there are two 'tracks' through each room.

One track is significantly shorter, but littered with traps, with only a few tough enemies in "safe" chambers, for the purposes of refilling flasks. Argus would only be found on this track, as would the optional gauntlets for Darkshrines and treasure caches (anything that could grant bonus treasure keys is here, basically). This is the "fast track," it's quicker if you know what you're doing, but more dangerous.

The other track is the "scenic route." It has many more monsters, and many more rooms, but no optional things.

But the biggest thing about this is: Both tracks would heavily overlap. Unless you are very observant, you should never be able to tell which one is which until you're already inside. They would cross at certain points, such as at the poems and at golden doors and golden key annex/chamber/enclosure rooms, meaning it wouldn't restrict you from changing your mind (especially since you aren't likely to consciously realise you'd made a decision in the first place).

The purpose of this is that the player will construct themselves an idea of whether the traps are rewarding enough to complete or too hard for them, and then avoid or embrace them depending on how they fare.

The patch note, to avoid making it obvious, would preferably just be something like: "Trap rooms now reach the end of the labyrinth faster, but can be skipped more often."
Last edited by Jonmcdonald on Jun 12, 2016, 10:38:41 PM
OMFG yes finally we can get back on topic.

"bully brigade" LOL

@Jonmcdonald That seems like it would be an implementation nightmare. Not saying it wouldn't be cool to try, but it sounds about 3-4x more complicated than what we've got now.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info