The Ascendency Labyrinth - My Conclusions so far and how to solve the Problem!

I have 2 characters I wish to contrast.

1 lab runner CI trapper. He runs through traps, taking little damage because he's FAST. Traps are not a problem for this guy.

1 slow-as-shit classic summoner. Try to run through traps, barely make it. Run out of pots sometimes. Resorts to cheezing traps with lightning warp. Traps are a problem for this girl.

Why is it that the 'hardcore' element are the ones most vocally decrying the "clearspeed meta" yet simultaneously the ones most vocally supporting the lab, when the lab clearly favors the "clearspeed meta"?
"
SeedReaper wrote:
I have 2 characters I wish to contrast.

1 lab runner CI trapper. He runs through traps, taking little damage because he's FAST. Traps are not a problem for this guy.

1 slow-as-shit classic summoner. Try to run through traps, barely make it. Run out of pots sometimes. Resorts to cheezing traps with lightning warp. Traps are a problem for this girl.

Why is it that the 'hardcore' element are the ones most vocally decrying the "clearspeed meta" yet simultaneously the ones most vocally supporting the lab, when the lab clearly favors the "clearspeed meta"?
Ever stop to think [Removed by Support] Because plenty of summoners run through them just fine, the summoner complaints have been about the damage to minions and often minions dying to them which is QOL issue, because then they have to go get higher tier spectres again.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Emma_GGG on Jun 12, 2016, 9:09:18 PM

If lack of movespeed makes my build "trash", then movespeed should be more available to witch builds, because between my own survivability and the minion nodes i need, there aren't any to spare for the "gottagofast" routine.
Last edited by SeedReaper on Jun 13, 2016, 6:09:09 PM
-Acknowledges builds short comings

-Says "but its not my build"

-Complains dying to traps because too slow

-Doesnt have the patience to do traps properly knowing full and well said builds short coming

Soo your build is confirmed [Removed by Support] and you fully understand the issues with it yet refuse to fix it and blame it on the game rather than your own ability to fix it yourself.

You realize that this game isnt made soo every single thing can do everything right ? Builds will have short comings that you have to fix or deal with. Hints why build guides often list Pros vs Cons.

Smart people deal with the cons, bad players complain about them. In my other thread about the pale council i fully acknowledge my builds shortcoming and deal with it appropriately. Do you see me bitching "pls change game to accommodate me and my build, no i take that pls back. I DEMAND IT BECAUSE IM ENTITLED!".

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Emma_GGG on Jun 12, 2016, 9:11:14 PM
I am able to do the lab , and I am like the worst poe player ever.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
deleted
Last edited by SeedReaper on Jun 13, 2016, 6:08:05 PM
loled, not even going to bother reading all of that because i grilled you soo hard that i know whatever you say is just going to be more excuses under the guise of a "fact". I skimmed over it and all i see is more excuses, why am i not surprised ?

Also, im not hardcore. I play this game casually, soo this whole "hardcore" name calling, while more of a compliment than an insult, is completely off base.

Love how bad players call anyone who actually uses their brain a "hardcorenolifer" though. Also i checked out your build through your character tab.

Nicebuild™ /s.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
deleted
I could care less what you think of my slowpoke summoner. It works well for what it's intended to do. That is, faceroll maps. I'm taking your advice though, and setting it back to private. Wouldn't want my spectre build copypasted and nerfed to uselessness.

ETA: ObLab:

Lab is cancer. Solve the problem by making the designers run through it with 10% move speed boots and no quicksilver flasks, and no whirling blades. They will surely come up with a solution.
Last edited by SeedReaper on Jun 13, 2016, 6:07:29 PM
Lab is cancer because you make it cancer for yourself. Whats more hilarious is how simply you can solve said "problem".

1. Take of Umbilicus Immortalis during side area traps

2. Use flasks on yourself

3. Summons kill things (obviously) and refill flasks (because theyre plenty tanky without flasks up because its a low level zone)

4. Put back Umbilicus Immortalis before Izaro

Wow, problem solved.

Again, things arent meant to be done by everything and obviously there are inconveniences if you want to work around them. (if you can even call such a simply one an inconvenience).

Also like how you make your character tab private after receiving criticism on your build that goes against your excuses.

Don't give the members of the bully brigade any of your attention, SeedReaper.

Any and all feedback from any and ALL players is worthy of its place on this forum. GGG should feel fortunate that people still do.

For unknown reasons, GGG has chosen to allow the bully brigade to persist in their belittling, harassment and constant breaking of the forum code. But it's their call. Their forum. I feel that the bully brigade owns a bit of this forum now as well.

Keep on doing your best to provide your views on this game. It IS important.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info