The Ascendency Labyrinth - My Conclusions so far and how to solve the Problem!

"
Shovelcut wrote:

Then you should be able to just waltz thru the traps, I know my tanky RF totem mara does like it isn't shit. *shrugs*

I'm just not comfortable with mouse/keyboard when it comes to dodging traps.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

...2-3 screens filled with bearers?

Sometimes. If we include reflect and volatile blood then all the time.

"
Do you avoid frozen/ burning/ descecrated ground in normal gameplay?

Yes. You cheese it?

"
Do you play Mario with one life?

Yes?

I mean, wat? This is like you're making our argument for us.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
"
Pyrokar wrote:

...2-3 screens filled with bearers?

Sometimes. If we include reflect and volatile blood then all the time.

"
Do you avoid frozen/ burning/ descecrated ground in normal gameplay?

Yes. You cheese it?

"
Do you play Mario with one life?

Yes?

I mean, wat? This is like you're making our argument for us.

Seriously? If that's true you will have no problem of posting 2-3 screenshot of 2-3 screens full of what you described.

So you avoid these ground effects like it's a matter of life or death like traps?

On your profile you don't have an ascended hardcore character, so you obviously don't play Mario with one life.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Seriously? If that's true you will have no problem of posting 2-3 screenshot of 2-3 screens full of what you described.

In a +rare +magic map this is very common, I don't even see how this is debatable. A bearer/obelisk/frozen-sky pack close to a volatile blood rare with reflect? Come on.

"

So you avoid these ground effects like it's a matter of life or death like traps?

Yes. How is this mind-blowing? Chilled ground not so much but burning ground and desecrated ground, yes it IS life or death.

"
On your profile you don't have an ascended hardcore character, so you obviously don't play Mario with one life.

See the previous response. I don't think your analogy means what you think it means; maybe the opposite. Mario doesn't have armor or life pots or regen to tank and/or cheese attacks. He has to manually avoid stuff and then jump on heads, and he has 2 HP if he's eaten a mushroom.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"

See the previous response. I don't think your analogy means what you think it means; maybe the opposite. Mario doesn't have armor or life pots or regen to tank and/or cheese attacks. He has to manually avoid stuff and then jump on heads, and he has 2 HP if he's eaten a mushroom.

Mario is a bad example. You rarely have to dodge stuff non-stop without pause. In Mario, you can easily do one jump, wait as long as you want and do the next. In certain trap setups however, you can't see ahead and need to hope the trap layout gives you some space in between so that you can rest. Another problem is, that I have to move my character around with my mouse. In Mario however, I have my classic controler layout, which is perfect for accurate movement, especially if you have learned to play games like this with a controler. And last but not least, PoE is played online. Having lag-spikes or being far away from the server is usually terrible for lab. Accurate gaming and online do not fit well together.
...and yet - despite these insurmonable odds - thousands of players complete this incredibly difficult content without really knowing that they are doing the impossible

get a grip guys. dying to traps is a l2p issue. mostly rushing headless and unprepared. the mouse pointer accuracy is extremely overblown 'problem'.

streamers like it or do not like it but i havent yet seen any of them complaining about the movement. oj the xontrary they zap through quickly and efficiently with traps not being more than a 'is he awake' check
"
sidtherat wrote:
...and yet - despite these insurmonable odds - thousands of players complete this incredibly difficult content without really knowing that they are doing the impossible

get a grip guys. dying to traps is a l2p issue. mostly rushing headless and unprepared. the mouse pointer accuracy is extremely overblown 'problem'.

streamers like it or do not like it but i havent yet seen any of them complaining about the movement. oj the xontrary they zap through quickly and efficiently with traps not being more than a 'is he awake' check

1. No one said it's impossible. And these thousand of players don't seem to have lag issues which other thousands of players clearly have

2. Probably anyone could go max movement speed + quicksilver flask and just rush through the traps. But then the traps also lose their purpose for "skill-check" right?

3. Some people don't like to fiddle around traps with a mouse. These kind of gameplay is better suited for controller and many. There's a reason why many people prefer to play Gauntlet with Controller.

4. Streamers are even more of a minority then those who ask for lab-changes. Streamers play this game 24/7 and often earn their money with playing game. They obviously spent more time to git gud, but you can't demand that everyone has so much time to practice lab just for 20 minutes to get the AC points.
~Mouse is quite literally more accurate than controller, laser precision.

~Controller somehow more accurate than mouse using mechanical analog which is notoriously inaccurate and leads to more mechanical, stuttery movement.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

~Controller somehow more accurate than mouse using mechanical analog which is notoriously inaccurate and leads to more mechanical, stuttery movement.

Play pacman/frogger/pifall with a mouse. There's a reason why you cannot.
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Play pacman/frogger/pifall with a mouse. There's a reason why you cannot.
Traps play nothing like any of those games.

ZZZ same copy pasta frogger comments.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info