Mechanical Questions Thread

Duplicate post removed
Last edited by uberhasu on Jun 8, 2016, 2:15:20 PM
Does the taunt from other sources besides players (Stone Golem, for example) also apply the less damage taken? Meaning that if my Golem taunts a mob, I'll take 10% less damage from that mob?
Hey Mark! Really appreciate that you're doing this.

Let's say I'm using blade vortex with hatred on. I pop atziri's promise. I get extra chaos scaling off my physical on blade vortex. Do I get extra chaos scaling off my cold from hatred?
If I link Abyssal cry with poison and I have 100% increased Warcry duration from War bringer, will the poison inflicted have the extra duration?

Similar question, if I have "increased Chaos skill duration" from the new unique mace, how will that interact with Heavy Strike(a non chaos skill) linked with poison and Essence Drain(a chaos skill) linked with poison.
dsfsdf
Last edited by abyrvalg377 on Jan 24, 2017, 5:19:07 PM
Questions about Reflect and Thorns damage:

1) What methods of mitigation apply to Thorns damage? Is it similar to Reflect where anything that mitigates your own attack will also mitigate it's reflected damage, or is that magical damage type that can't be blocked or dodged?

2) Reflect surely counts as a Hit for purposes of Armor, but does Thorns count for that as well? Also, are there any other mechanics that treat Reflect or Thorns as a Hit?

3) More confirmation than anything else on this one: do Headsman (Slayer Ability)/Paragon of Calamity (Elementalist Ability), Sibyl's Lament (in the appropriate slot), and Fortify all stack additively? Would that result in Physical or Elemental Reflect immunity?

Also, an unrelated question: What's the official name for Ascendancy abilities such as Headsman and Paragon of Calamity? They don't seem like Keystones, but they are also more significant than Notables.
How does Increased Attack Damage (from something such as Crown of Eyes) work with The Goddess Unleashed and the new 'Fated' Doomfletch, specifically the mod: Add X% Bow/Sword as Y Element(s)?

For instance, '100% Increased Sword Physical Damage' on a '100% Sword Physical Damage Added as Fire Damage' The Goddess Unleashed that does '1 - 100 Base Physical Damage' (yes these aren't the actual stats but for our example they are) with '100% Increased Attack Damage' and '100% Increased Fire Damage'.

If it applies at the end of all the conversions, wouldn't that effectively make it a 'MORE' multiplier?But if it applies to the Physical and then the Fire, wouldn't the effect of Increased Attack Damage be doubled for the Fire and not for the Physical?
Last edited by Snailic on Jun 8, 2016, 3:11:42 PM
I really would like some clarification when it comes to bow skills, more specifically the 'bow' tag in skills and what this means for projectiles in relation to blast rain.

For the longest time people kept saying that a 'bow' tag on a skill meant that it had 'projectile' as an implicit, meaning that all projectile modifiers apply.

But then there's blast rain. Blast rain benefits from projectile damage modifiers, but somehow doesn't get projectiles added when supported by LMP/GMP. Does this then mean that blast rain doesn't actually shoot projectiles? If not, how is it even possible for projectile damage to apply to it?

tl/dr Does blast rain shoot projectiles and if so, why doesn't lmp/gmp apply to it?
Alright, I got a question about The Tempest (the fated version of Stormcloud).
Is the "100% increased Lightning Damage" modifier local or global?

If it's local, shouldn't it affect the listed lightning damage (1-85) on the item, just like "x% increased Physical Damage" would?
(For comparison: Darkscorn has both modifiers, "x-y added Physical Damage" and "x% increased Physical Damage")

And if it's global, why does it behave differently than the "x% increased Physical Damage" modifier despite the similar wording?
Does Zana's bloodlines stack with bloodlines rolled on maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info