Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Valiren wrote:

tl;dr - Can incoming damage have its damage type changed twice by two separate instances of "% of <damage type> taken as <damage type>"?

Damage taken, as opposed to converted to, can not be shifted any further.
"
Sneakyshadow wrote:
Is there an attack speed cap on mirror/blink arrow clones? If yes, what is it?

Also is it considered a bug that minions can't apply poison when using Cospri's Will (against cursed enemies). I feel it should be reworded to included "You" if its not a bug.

1- Probably not. There's no cap for a character ... minions can have very high attack speed.

2- Minions don't benefits from your stats on your gears
"
Goldarm5 wrote:
rearm timer of sparks

Do you have a reference to what you call a rearm timer ? and what exactly this is supposed to be ?
Last edited by KevT90 on Jul 29, 2016, 3:45:24 PM
"
"
Goldarm5 wrote:
rearm timer of sparks

Do you have a reference to what you call a rearm timer ? and what exactly this is supposed to be ?

"
Spark and Vaal Spark projectiles (including those from monster Sparks) are now 20% slower. Quality on Spark and Vaal Spark is now worth 1% projectile speed per point of quality (rather than 2%). The time that Sparks must travel before they re-arm has been increased from 500ms to 1000ms. Spark projectiles now destroy themselves after travelling 150 units, which is in-line with other projectiles.

From: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667259/page/1
Last edited by Goldarm5 on Jul 29, 2016, 7:51:03 PM
Why i used a chaos in a item with "Cannot roll caster mods" and it rolled all mods?
Would damage from Explosive Arrow be enhanced by:
1. Elemental Focus support gem
2. Concentrated Effect support gem
3. Mana Leech support gem?
"
Goldarm5 wrote:
"
"
Goldarm5 wrote:
rearm timer of sparks

"
Spark and Vaal Spark projectiles (including those from monster Sparks) are now 20% slower. Quality on Spark and Vaal Spark is now worth 1% projectile speed per point of quality (rather than 2%). The time that Sparks must travel before they re-arm has been increased from 500ms to 1000ms. Spark projectiles now destroy themselves after travelling 150 units, which is in-line with other projectiles.

From: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667259/page/1

Spark on the wiki doesn't have any references. Haven't played spark, don't quote me but 300ms for other projectiles of same cast (No reference) and 1000ms for a spark (last patch) is assumed to be the actual mechanic.

Nothing happen to those timers if it bounces off a wall. If it chains, timer would still apply. Therefore chain would not be a good choice since there is a 1000ms rearm time now.

If a spark is within its timer and hit a mob, it will pass through it.

Finally, bouncing off a wall won't consume a chain but again chain is a bad support for spark I would assume based on the long re-arm timer.
Last edited by KevT90 on Jul 30, 2016, 8:42:32 AM
"
Andres811 wrote:
Why i used a chaos in a item with "Cannot roll caster mods" and it rolled all mods?

Read the crafting section on the wiki ... a meta-crafting mod is a mod. A chaos reforges all mods yes.

The way you attempted to craft using meta isn't how it works.
"
wind77 wrote:
2. Concentrated Effect support gem
3. Mana Leech support gem?

Yes to all
"
"
wind77 wrote: