Mechanical Questions Thread

When using cinderswallow alongside the Fulcrum unique staff, reflected ignites appear green on your character model. Is this simple a cosmetic effect or do we also suffer the 10% increased damage the flask causes?

If we do, does spec-ing chieftain “Unaffected by ignite” prevent this?
Last edited by Nervyr on Dec 4, 2020, 6:41:04 PM
"
Gravolt wrote:
Do Thief's Trinkets affect Grand Heists as well? They say "Heists" which is a bit unintuitive. Like there are Grand Heists(using blueprints) and (simple) Heists (using contracts)

Yes, they work.
Three questions about Fireball:

If I use Fork, will the "child projectiles" inherit the following things from a "parent projectile":
1. The Flame Wall Buff? (If only the parent projectile before forking had passed through a Flame Wall!)

2. The bonus radius on the Fireball Skill Gem? (I mean: If the parent projectile had moved very far to reach "+9 radius" before Forking, will the forked ones start at +0 radius or at +9 radius each?)

3. Does "Projectile Speed" affect Fireball's maximum (total) range? => I tried it and it seems to be "no", but I'm very surprised by this, because I had expected it to be "yes".
If I use snipe skill from Assilum helm to trigger anomalous puncture, will it still pierce?
Hi ! I have some questions remaining about ignite

1) Inevitable jugement
If I crit with an fire attack with "Inevitable Judgement", does the ignite produced ignore the elemental resistances of the target ? I know that ignite doesn't use elemental penetration, but what about "ignoring" ?

2) Perfect Agony

a. If I take the "Perfect Agony" node, does it change the answer of the question 1 ? (I guess not)

b. Does "Perfect Agony" works only with global modifiers, or with specific multipliers as well like
- critical strike multiplier with mace
- critical strike multiplier against ignited ennemies

3) Hrimburn Goathide Gloves + Hypothermia support
- I wear Hrimburn Goathide Gloves (cold damage can ignite) and hypothermia support on my attack skill
- I attack an already-chilled enemy with cold based damage
- I crit --> I apply ignite

Reminder : The Hypothermia support gem has 2 modifiers
- deal (20-39)% more Cold Damage Over Time
- deal (20-39)% more Damage with Hits and Ailments against Chilled Enemies

If I understood well, the ignite is converted from cold to fire with the glove, so it should benefit from the cold dot multiplier. And it's an ailments. So the 2 multipliers works for the ignite damage ?

Thank you for your answers !
"
Belvis wrote:

3. Does "Projectile Speed" affect Fireball's maximum (total) range? => I tried it and it seems to be "no", but I'm very surprised by this, because I had expected it to be "yes".

All projectiles have travel distance limit of 150 units.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Projectile
I have a rather simple, yet specific question: Do Delirium Orbs apply the League flag for Delirium to the map they're added onto?

For a bit of context, I plan to play a Bleed Bow Glad for Mayhem SSF and was brainstorming ideas for somewhat feasible access to Assailum. Since Ancient Orbs should be available in a decent number, I thought that just rolling those in a Delirium-flagged map might be a good idea. I'm aware we have Delirium as a Zana Mod available, however that's locked behind quite a bit of atlas completion. Hence my question if there's an alternative that might be available earlier - Delirium Orbs.

If this has been asked in here before, I'm genuinely sorry - the search form did not turn up anything useful for me.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help!
Can i have a blue item with 2 preffixes or 2 suffixes on it with splitting yellow item using Fenumal Plagued Arachnid? What will happen if i split yellow with 3 pref and 0 suf?
Last edited by FanSoerMigrate on Dec 5, 2020, 3:29:26 AM
Just saw this post so:

I'm trying to figure out how the damage from Impending Doom is calculated. And When.

For example, if I have 2 6-link setups as an Occultist. I cast 2 Hexes on a group of mobs. I then use Bane to apply two other Hexes, which pops the Impending Doom Hexes. I want Despair and Punishment to be on the mobs when they receive damage, and Enfeeble + Temp Chains for when they dont.

So for the mobs to be cursed with Despair/Punishment when they are dealt damage, do they need to be apart of the 6Links? or the Bane?
Hi,

I'm in lighthouse map with RF on and my life keeps dropping but I couldn't tell which map modifier is causing this.
I didn't change any of my gears and other maps were fine before this.

My net life re-gen seems fine but maybe I missed something.

Appreciate some help!

According to POB, my life regen still seems positive.

Last edited by tinivuel86 on Dec 7, 2020, 9:06:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info