Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello Fellow Exiles!

I was wondering whether the doom gain and doom effect is applied to curses cast alongside (linked to) bane?

If not bane looses a lot of potential.

Any idea how this works?

Thx!

-Wunder
I am sure this has been asked before, but I'm still lost as to how Beacon of Ruin works (elementalist ascendancy) specifically with Shock:

According to the wiki it reduces the minimum threshold for ailments so that a CRIT of 1 lightning damage applies the 15% shock. But does this also mean that a noncrit HIT of lightning damage that successfully rolls shock chance will also apply shock at any damage?

Also question regarding Triad Grip gloves with the line: Minions have x% chance to freeze, shock, and ignite. Does this mean ANY damage with minions can cause all three status ailments or are the ailments still restricted to the damage type (ex: lightning damage needed for shock)
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Nov 6, 2020, 6:43:36 PM
is it not possible to gain frenzy charge on hit, with shadow?

I'm using a cyclone and can't seem to get a frenzy charge,
I also tried to use ice bite to earn frenzy charge killing frozen enemies but it was also not possible to obtain it.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
I am sure this has been asked before, but I'm still lost as to how Beacon of Ruin works (elementalist ascendancy) specifically with Shock:

According to the wiki it reduces the minimum threshold for ailments so that a CRIT of 1 lightning damage applies the 15% shock. But does this also mean that a noncrit HIT of lightning damage that successfully rolls shock chance will also apply shock at any damage?

Also question regarding Triad Grip gloves with the line: Minions have x% chance to freeze, shock, and ignite. Does this mean ANY damage with minions can cause all three status ailments or are the ailments still restricted to the damage type (ex: lightning damage needed for shock)

Yes, it applies to non-crit too, although the wiki specifically only provided crit as an example.

Regarding chance to freeze, shock, ignite - it is restricted to the dmg type. Can't freeze if they don't do cold damage. This is unless they specifically mentioned otherwise, such as the case with Conflux, Voltaxic Rift and Yoke of Suffering (all these don't work for minions BTW).

HI! i want to ask :

use Essence of Hysteria to bow

bow will have [10% chance to Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit]

and let's see Blink Arrow.

[ a clone is summoned at your old location. The clone is a minion that uses your bow and quiver.]

so . theoretically. Blink Arrow's clone will uses my bow. and my bow have [10% chance to Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit].

dose that means when Blink Arrow's clone attack.Blink Arrow's clone will have 10% chance to Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit?
Hi, i am from Germany and i am a new player. It may be that the following questions have allready been answered but it is not always easy to find the answers.

1. How many regions of the atlas can be influenced by conquerers at the same time?

2. I never know how many maps i have to run in order to spawn a conquerer in an atlas region, unless the region is allready influenced by the conquerer. When the region is allready influenced the atlas shows me the number of maps i have to tun. But i do not understand why i need for example 5 maps in one region and 7 maps in another region if the awakening level is still the same. It would make sence to me if the number of maps i have to run would constantly rise, but that is not the case.

3. The number of maps (of the correct tier) i have to run in order to make a non-influenced region influenced seems to vary. How does that work exactly?

4. When exactly does the game determine the strength of a conquerer? If i want to fight a weaker version of a conquerer, do i have to take out my watchstones before i talk to Zana and make her open the map which leads to the conquerer? Is it possible to make the conquerer weaker if the fight against him has allready started and i run out of portals?

5. Does enduring cry have an influence on elemental damage taken if the elemental resistances are allready capped?

6. A few days ago someone who wanted to trade an item wrote to me. That item was in a stash tab which had the status „public“. I had not determined an exact price for the item and i had not determined that the price for the item should be negotiable. Why was the other person able to see the item? If every item in a stash tab with the status „public“ can be found on the trade sites, it would not make any sence to me that the option to have a „negotiable price“ even exists. Can you tell me which items can be found on the trade sites and which items can not be found?

Edit: Thanks for the quick answers! I allready answered the 1. question for myself (answer is 4). But i think there is still no answer to the 4. question which is related to the strengh of the conquerers.
Last edited by Sharlice87 on Nov 16, 2020, 11:53:16 AM
"
Sharlice87 wrote:

2. I never know how many maps i have to run in order to spawn a conquerer in an atlas region, unless the region is allready influenced by the conquerer. When the region is allready influenced the atlas shows me the number of maps i have to tun. But i do not understand why i need for example 5 maps in one region and 7 maps in another region if the awakening level is still the same. It would make sence to me if the number of maps i have to run would constantly rise, but that is not the case.

3. The number of maps (of the correct tier) i have to run in order to make a non-influenced region influenced seems to vary. How does that work exactly?

It's random. Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdX3izNs0ME

"
Sharlice87 wrote:

5. Does enduring cry have an influence on elemental damage taken if the elemental resistances are allready capped?

No, unless it says it will increase your "Max" elemental resistances, or something like "Less elemental damage taken".

"
Sharlice87 wrote:

6. A few days ago someone who wanted to trade an item wrote to me. That item was in a stash tab which had the status „public“. I had not determined an exact price for the item and i had not determined that the price for the item should be negotiable. Why was the other person able to see the item? If every item in a stash tab with the status „public“ can be found on the trade sites, it would not make any sence to me that the option to have a „negotiable price“ even exists. Can you tell me which items can be found on the trade sites and which items can not be found?

You can right-click the item and set "Do Not Index".
Last edited by jeerinho on Nov 12, 2020, 8:44:42 AM
HI !

I was wondering

assassin's Noxious Strike have [5% increased Poison Duration for each Poison you have inflicted Recently]

if i use General's Cry to summoning Mirage Warriors .
and use Mirage Warriors to cause poison.

dose it can trigger [5% increased Poison Duration for each Poison you have inflicted Recently]?
Last edited by taocotao2011 on Nov 12, 2020, 10:52:11 PM
I have a question about Arcane cloak. It appears that the damage buff has a set duration which is not effected by duration increase effects.

For example, if I increase arcane cloak duration to 8 seconds the damage fall off anyway after 4-5 seconds of the duration.

Is this intended to be like this? If yes it should be written on the skill.
(1)Clarification on Ruthless Support Gem's Effect Description Vs. it's Effect Tooltip/Affected Gem's Tooltip;
Is the "USE" condition stated in Description and not re-stated in Tooltip enforced elsewhere?
If so where? on the Skill Gem? in the backend? on the client side or server side? When can we expect to see a VFX/indicator for hit(s) modified by Ruthless Blows and/or MTX added/altered VFX for immediate verification from practical application experiences.

(1)Basically a published clarification on the interaction or lack thereof, and acknowledgement there is a lack of clarity within game where Ruthless Support is concerned in the following 6-link setup or otherwise:

(2)As an addendum to that, note the Rage Support Gem, i have for your convenience provided a suggestion in the relevant "Support Gem Feedback Thread" and a link from here to there (boy it's like a ghost town in there), on the Divergent type alternate quality as it pertains to this 6-link combo.

(2)Since the "USE" condition from said Quality is expressly stated in tooltip and officially excludes interaction with Triggered Attacks, an entirely unacceptable mechanical restriction and limitation, for those reasons i felt the need to bring it up.

(3)Offhandedly wondered if developing triggered attacks for dodge/evade was a feasible or interesting opportunity the other day but i happened to look at that compendium just now and the latest answer post happened to seem to indicate that could be interesting, but not realistically feasible due to other decisions made, so R.I.P. But then again, THAT WAS 2016?????
Last edited by ArcanicFlame on Nov 17, 2020, 2:43:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info