Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Derryl_Renoir wrote:
With the upcoming Spellslinger gem, how will this work with Weave the Arcane, regarding movement skills having no mana cost?

If I'm using Spellslinger to spam Lightning Warp, will a 6 link LW reserve no mana? Or does Weave the Arcane strictly remove the mana cost when a movement skill is manually cast?
Mana Costs and Mana Reservation are two different mechanics which don't overlap (but both are ways to "spend" mana). Weave the Arcane won't prevent Lightning Warp - Spellslinger from reserving mana.
I know getting a conqueror's initial spawn requires running maps at or above the tier displayed on the atlas, but does the tier matter for the second and third spawns? I'm trying to get the Redeemer to spawn a third time in Lira Arthain, but I've run out T14+ maps for that region.
"
Valkaine wrote:
I know getting a conqueror's initial spawn requires running maps at or above the tier displayed on the atlas, but does the tier matter for the second and third spawns? I'm trying to get the Redeemer to spawn a third time in Lira Arthain, but I've run out T14+ maps for that region.

Just remove the watch stones from that zone. Then you can run any tier to get the 2nd and 3rd taunt. At least that's what I do.

Don't forget to resocket them to run Sirus/keep your awakening level where you want/need it.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Mar 12, 2020, 6:50:54 PM
I'm curious about the "source" of ailments from "Icefang Orbit".
Short and sweet; I want to know how the chill effect is applied to monsters. Am I the source of the chill, or the ring? Are my hits considered causing the chill?

Thanks in advance!
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
"
Valkaine wrote:

Just remove the watch stones from that zone. Then you can run any tier to get the 2nd and 3rd taunt. At least that's what I do.

Don't forget to resocket them to run Sirus/keep your awakening level where you want/need it.

That worked. Thanks :)
"
requin3d wrote:
"
jimdawg57 wrote:
Can we get the formulas for effectiveness of brittle, sap, and scorch? Would be very useful for planning builds.

I don't see why it wouldn't work just like chill and shock: effect = 0.5 * (dmg/life)^0.4 (for bosses, "life" is replaced with a smaller value called ailment threshold that is still unknown afaik)
capped at:
shock 50%
chill 30%
scorch 30%
sap 20%
brittle 15%

Thanks for the response. I also believe it should work this way, but it’s impossible to know without being told.

I found a reddit post of someone’s experiment on shaper to apply shock animation, and it appears that the chill/shock point for damage is 100K hit (scale for shock effect). So again having to make assumptions, but I think that they have probably scaled most boss effective life to be at a threshold of 100K damage.

Based on these assumptions, I am planning for an average damage of at least 100K or not using these elements. I just want some GGG confirmation that the formula works the same as for chill and shock.

This double guess work just feels bad.
Hi all,
quick mechanical question as i cant test it out before the league starts.
does the new archmage skill support work with herald modifiers? i figured it wont work with auras as they dont hit, but heralds are classed as spells, hit and dont mismatch with tags. im just kind of curious as you could get some pretty devastating numbers from lightning herald and a max mana build. have i missed something? mainly just interested in the term "and has mana costs" in the archmage support description, and the herald skills "if you kill" being regarded as a trigger or not.

cheers in advance,
Mark.
"
marklane0212 wrote:
does the new archmage skill support work with herald modifiers?
Herald skills don't have mana costs, they reserve mana, which is different, so no, Archmage Support won't work with them.
Hi!

I just read the delirium informations and found that the "x% increased energy shield from body armour" suffix will be prefix in the future.
Could you please tell me what hapens if I have a belt with that suffix and I use a divine orb on it?

Many thank's for the ansver!
Daniel
Does Master of Metal apply added physical damage for impales applied by minions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info