Mechanical Questions Thread

"
PopGen wrote:
Blade Blast Questions
As far as I'm aware, the damage dealt by Blade Blast is solely from Blade Blast, and the source of the lingering blades is irrelevant. I could be wrong, but nothing on the skill gems seems to say otherwise.
"
Mich2010 wrote:
I have a question about the new notable "supercharge", which states that my non-crit lightning damage is lucky. How does this interact with damage conversion? Is my base lightning damage lucky, and then it gets converted? Or is my final damage lucky, and if (for simplicity) 100% of that lightning damage is now cold, this damage would not be lucky anymore?
Damage ranges are converted to their appropriate types first, then the damage is rolled within each range. So damage converted from Physical to Lightning would be Lucky, but damage converted from Lightning to other types would not.
"
chance to deal double damage work with mines?
Yes, Mines use your skills and your modifiers.
Will the DOT portion of Soulrend, ED etc. benefit from the "Enemies Hindered by you take 10% increased Chaos Damage" from the new "Touch of Cruelty" notable?
Few questions.

1. are the values of monster life on the wiki (gamepedia) accurate? They have a table on the site but wanted to make sure, or perhaps this isn't the right place to ask.

2. what is the definition of a pack in poe?

3. is there a set number of mobs per pack?

4. is there a set number of packs per map, or per certain maps?

5. if there is a set number is it constant, is it constant per mob type? or is it a number drawn in a range? ie. (10-12 mobs)/pack based on rng.

6. i understand certain mob types have certain resistances that are constant. can the same be said for monster life per mob type or but are each of their individual life pools randomly generated from a range a values in other words, is it safe to say that lvl 80 common (no mod) slave driver with no map mods will always have the same hp as another slave driver with the same conditions?

7. what causes certain mob types to spawn in certain maps? are mob types tied to a map tag? or map tile set? how can i learn more?

8. how are mob types chosen for a generated map? is there a pool for which it randomly draws?

thanks if you can respond to any of my questions.
If i use Triad Grip mesh gloves with 4 blue sockets will my zombies apply shock? If so how can I determine the % extra dmg the shock will create. I'm wondering if i shpuld drop skitter bots or if there default 15% shock will be greater then what the zombies provide.
Does "severed in the sleep" sword gives chance to poison to another minion, if animate guard pick them?
Hey there, i do have a question regarding the wording of Shade of Solaris.

one of its mods say "Critical strikes deal no Damage" - does that mean that crits dont deal damage at all or that they dont deal any bonus dmg (crit multi)
"
InPanicHDx wrote:
Hey there, i do have a question regarding the wording of Shade of Solaris.

one of its mods say "Critical strikes deal no Damage" - does that mean that crits dont deal damage at all or that they dont deal any bonus dmg (crit multi)

it says exactly that. it means that any Damage type and it's subtypes (Attacks, Spells, Secondary, Damage over Time) will not do any damage as a result of that critical strike.

in particular, shade of solaris incentivizes the user to have a low crit chance, you want to crit atleast once in 8s to have the 200% increased Spell Damage buff. However, if 60% of your attacks are crits then 60% of your attacks/spells are doing no Damage, but the 40% attacks/spells that don't crit will have the 200% increased Spell Damage buff.
Last edited by xheeko on Mar 17, 2020, 2:50:49 PM
If i use fortify along with the wise oaks defensive %10 reduced elemental damage taken and have 75% resistances will I have 105% resistances against that element and be completly immune?
"
If i use fortify along with the wise oaks defensive %10 reduced elemental damage taken and have 75% resistances will I have 105% resistances against that element and be completly immune?

That combination will provide 82% total damage mitigated for that element.
(100-100*0.25*0.8*0.9)
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
When using spellslinger, does Lightning Warp still count as a travel skill in regards to The Stampede's increased cooldown recovery speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info