Mechanical Questions Thread

Question about impale and minions

lets say i have the swift skewering notable that grants -10% of total physical damage reduction against impaled hits

If i hit a monster with an impaled attack, and it procs that notable, do my minions also receive the enemies negative phys reduction if they impale as well?

Thanks in advance
"
UserPsycho wrote:

lets say i have the swift skewering notable that grants -10% of total physical damage reduction against impaled hits

If i hit a monster with an impaled attack, and it procs that notable, do my minions also receive the enemies negative phys reduction if they impale as well?

Thanks in advance
Yes they do. The -PDR against Impale hits is implemented as a debuff on the enemy, because that's the only way it can work with reflected damage, so it applies to all Impale damage the monster takes. Note that you'll have to Impale the monster at least once per every five Minion hits (not just Minion Impales) to keep the buff up.
"
ekaye wrote:
"
UserPsycho wrote:

Thanks in advance
Yes they do. The -PDR against Impale hits is implemented as a debuff on the enemy, because that's the only way it can work with reflected damage, so it applies to all Impale damage the monster takes. Note that you'll have to Impale the monster at least once per every five Minion hits (not just Minion Impales) to keep the buff up.

thank you, ill be using cyclone to keep stacks up so itll definitely be up haha.

cheers
Regarding the newly announce "Spellsinger", will Arcane Surge Support proc for the supported Spellslinger skills?

Thank you in advance!
"
HardTackNinja wrote:
Regarding the newly announce "Spellsinger", will Arcane Surge Support proc for the supported Spellslinger skills?

Thank you in advance!
No, Arcane Surge Support requires that you spend Mana on the supported spells, and triggered skills never cost Mana.
"Killed Enemies Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage"

The explosion damage scales with global dmg, area damage, physical damage, it can be converted to other types, and scales with mods such as "gain x% of phys as extra cold dmg". It has 0% base crit, which can be increased by "+x% Critical Strike Chance", but not by "Spells have +x% to critical strike chance". The explosion cannot be supported by gems.

Is all of this correct?

E:
"Adds 20 to 30 Chaos Damage"
Would this mod add chaos damage to the explosion?
Last edited by requin3d on Mar 7, 2020, 8:13:04 PM
Baeclast mentioned that Delirium monsters would leave no corpses, so their corpses cannot be exploded and their corpses cannot be used for proliferation.

Would exposion from Crusader Chest/Inpulsa/Asenath's Gloves trigger after Delirium monster's death?
"
Baeclast mentioned that Delirium monsters would leave no corpses, so their corpses cannot be exploded and their corpses cannot be used for proliferation.

Would exposion from Crusader Chest/Inpulsa/Asenath's Gloves trigger after Delirium monster's death?

From what other people have been saying, apparently they also mentioned that on-kill effects such as explosions and heralds would still occur (although I did not catch it either). Asenath's Gentle Touch however would not work with pure Delirium monsters because it requires cursed corpses, which the enemies will not leave and you cannot create.

It is worth noting that they said that this would not make a large difference in delirium influenced maps, because the majority of the delirium mechanic would be affecting existing monsters rather than spawning new ones, and these will still leave corpses. It is possible that it might not work in the Simulacrum however.
Baeclast mentioned that Delirium monsters would leave no corpses.
Does this effectively kill burn proliferation builds for the duration of the leauge, or will there be a workaround mechanically for the upcoming league?
"
Thascius wrote:
Baeclast mentioned that Delirium monsters would leave no corpses.
Does this effectively kill burn proliferation builds for the duration of the leauge, or will there be a workaround mechanically for the upcoming league?

I wonder it too.

New notable:
"Fan the Flames
Ignites you inflict spread to other Enemies within a Radius of 15"

Is it proliferation or not? - I mean, do they need a corpse to spread?
Last edited by oddawajkapcie on Mar 10, 2020, 5:09:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info