Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Wissle wrote:
Not sure if this is the right thread or if this should be in its own, but anyways:

I just unlocked my first Sirus fight in the quest The Awakener of Worlds after completing the 4 conqueror endgame questlines.

What happens if I die 6 times in this fight and fail to complete it?

a) Do I get another shot or do I then have to kill the other 4 again to unlock Sirus again?

b) Or is it like failing the others before the first Sirus fight and I can get him to spawn again after doing a few maps?

c) When I realize mid fight I have no chance, can I invite another player to kill Sirus in my game and finish the quest or would that somehow ruin it?

Hope someone can shed some light into this, I'd like to know that before trying him.
I died at all the others except for the Redeemer, so I'm pretty sure I WILL fail that first attempt.

if you fail you'll have to hunt down the other 4 again
you can ask for help, just keep in mind you need 2 portals if you want to get 2 people inside
"
requin3d wrote:
"
Wissle wrote:
Not sure if this is the right thread or if this should be in its own, but anyways:

I just unlocked my first Sirus fight in the quest The Awakener of Worlds after completing the 4 conqueror endgame questlines.

a) Do I get another shot or do I then have to kill the other 4 again to unlock Sirus again?

b) Or is it like failing the others before the first Sirus fight and I can get him to spawn again after doing a few maps?

c) When I realize mid fight I have no chance, can I invite another player to kill Sirus in my game and finish the quest or would that somehow ruin it?

Hope someone can shed some light into this, I'd like to know that before trying him.
I died at all the others except for the Redeemer, so I'm pretty sure I WILL fail that first attempt.

you can ask for help, just keep in mind you need 2 portals if you want to get 2 people inside

Okay, thanks!
"
ekaye wrote:
On a secondary note, I'm pretty sure that minions do share your curse limit.

I’ve set my curse limit to 2 and picked up 2 Spectres that curse. They would overwrite each other’s curses as best I could tell, so I presume Spectres at least have a curse limit of 1.
"
requin3d wrote:
"
Wissle wrote:

A followup question to that:
I decided to try alone at first and the first phases were actually pretty easy but in his last phase he suddenly nuked me with his bigger area lazors and I don't see that changing on the next try.

So if I bring someone in to kill that sucker in the last phase, how does that work?
I WILL die again there, can I just stay dead on the floor without returning to my hideout and get the quest when the other player kills him?

Or do I need to be alive in the room to get the quest?
Hello,

I have question about the interaction of Glacial Hammer + Ruthless + Multistrike

Glacial Hammer : Every third successive strike Freezes enemies as though dealing (200-390)% more Damage
Ruthless support : Every very third time you use a supported attack, that use of the skill will deal (75-132)% more Melee Damage
Multistrike : Supports melee attack skills, making them repeat twice when used, Second Repeat of Supported Skills deals 44% more Damage

So the wiki explains the interaction between multistrike and ruthless.
"
When supported by Multistrike Support, Ruthless blows work differently, instead of occurring every third hit, it occurs every third multistrike. This means hits from the first 2 uses (attacks 1 - 6) will be "normal blows" and all hits from the 3rd multi-strike use (attacks 7-9) will be ruthless blows

Now what happens with the freezing glacial hammer effects ? Will it occurs on attack 3, 6 and 9 ? Or, similarly to ruthless, it will occur on attack 7, 8 and 9 ?

Additional question: is the glacial hammer effect, will keep synchronize with ruthless or depending or evade and other effects that can cancel attack it will even end not happening with the same timing ?
If I maim a target with an Ancestral Warchief-Maim setup, then re-apply maim with my basic attack due to Tombfist, does it lose the 'Enemies Maimed by Supported Skills take (10-14)% increased Physical Damage' effect? Are the maims tracked separately, or effects like that refreshed when maim is refreshed, etc?
Yet another question:
How does leveling Jun work?

I read somewhere that to level Alva visitng a lvl 3 room also counts as visiting the level 1 and 2 versions.

Is this the same with Betrayal opponent levels? Does killing a level 3 also count as their lvl 1 and lvl 2 kills at the same time for the sake of leveling Jun?
I was hoping for some clarification on how Sanctified Fossils work, specifically the line "High Level modifiers are more common"

I have heard multiple theories related to this line, including:
- It multiplies the spawn weight by a multiplicative factor proportional to the ilvl requirement
- It rerolls the mod twice and picks the mod with the higher ilvl requirement
- It multiples mod weights above a ilvl threshold (68+) to weight these higher

Any comments on this mod and its effect on the mod rolling process are greatly appreciated.
Last edited by nick_ on Jan 30, 2020, 7:12:42 PM
How does it work, when I socked cast on crit AND cast while channeling? Will the cast on crit trigger extra spells on top of the regular ones from cwc? And does the more spell damage from the coc gem also apply to the spells triggered by cwc? Because in that case it might be viable to socket coc in certain cwc builds as well (43% more spell damage and more triggered spells).
"
Ariadnae wrote:
If I maim a target with an Ancestral Warchief-Maim setup, then re-apply maim with my basic attack due to Tombfist, does it lose the 'Enemies Maimed by Supported Skills take (10-14)% increased Physical Damage' effect? Are the maims tracked separately, or effects like that refreshed when maim is refreshed, etc?
The Maims are tracked separately, and while their main effect of reducing movement speed doesn't stack, the game will remember that one of them is applying increased damage taken.
"
Shafirion wrote:
How does it work, when I socked cast on crit AND cast while channeling? Will the cast on crit trigger extra spells on top of the regular ones from cwc? And does the more spell damage from the coc gem also apply to the spells triggered by cwc? Because in that case it might be viable to socket coc in certain cwc builds as well (43% more spell damage and more triggered spells).
A skill supported by multiple triggers is disabled for all of them, as well as for self-casting.
Last edited by ekaye on Feb 1, 2020, 10:47:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info