Mechanical Questions Thread

If I use one of the conqueror exalts on an alt art rare item, then use awakeners orb to put a second influence type on that rare, will it keep the alternate art?
Hi, I am playing a summoner and my weapon has 'minions deal 80½ increased damage'. I will use mirage archer which states 'The clone is a minion that uses your bow and quiver'. Based on wording I do assume my '80% increased damage' buff will be doubled, one for my bow and one for the bow of clone, because it doesn't say 'your minions'.
Unfortunately I am unable to confirm this on PoB. Is there a way to know?
Thanks in advance.
"
Cruonit wrote:
Hi, I am playing a summoner and my weapon has 'minions deal 80½ increased damage'. I will use mirage archer which states 'The clone is a minion that uses your bow and quiver'. Based on wording I do assume my '80% increased damage' buff will be doubled, one for my bow and one for the bow of clone, because it doesn't say 'your minions'.
Thanks in advance.

I'd assume it won't work because, just like your 80%minion dmg quiver doesn't buff your dmg, his 80%minion dmg quiver won't buff his
Hey guys
So i had a funny idea, not very usefull, but interesting i guess.

The idea is to create an infite loop of power charges and endurance charges.

We need the following unique Items:
Tulfall
Voll's protector
Voll's devotion
2*powerlessness Jewels

The two jewels reduce our max power charges to one.
Now we generate one power charge. I dont care how, power siphon will do.

We have reached maximum charges now, so Tulfalls "Lose all Power Charges on reaching Maximum Power Charges" will trigger and consume this charge.

We are wearing Volls' devotion. The amulett will generate an endurance charge because we lost a power charge, right?

We also get a frenzy charge, cause of tulfalls "Gain a Frenzy Charge on reaching Maximum Power Charges"

Now the fun part begins.

We are wearing voll's protector. The "inner conviction" it gains converts all frenzy charges we generate to power charges. Instead of getting a frenzy charge, we now get a power charge.

We have reached maximum power charges again, this triggers Tulfall, with consumes the charge, voll's devotion generates a endurance charge and we get a another power charge again, couse of voll's protector and tulfall and so on and so on

I dont know if this works, but if it does, we can generate infinite power and endurance charges in the smallest amount of time. We dont care about the power charges, but the endurance charges are intresting, cause we can consume them without interrupting the loop.

The first spell that comes to my mind is immortal call.
We can generate infinite endurance charges in a infinite short time period. I dont even have to calculate anything. Infinite endurance charges are enought to increase the duration of immortall call to endless.

I havent tried this cause i dont own the items. and im broke. But would this work? I dont see any problem right now. But maybe you do.

I am happy to hear your thoughts
"
Tereadon wrote:
Charge infinite loop
This was attempted here, and it didn't work. Although it's sound from a purely logical perspective, the practical issue is that there's only so much the game can process every "tick". What would actually happen in your scenario is that the game would hang when you gained a power charge, because it would never break out of the loop of gaining and losing power charges. The loops that exist, such as using Heartbound Loop to trigger Cast when Damage Taken -> Summon Skeletons, which triggers itself again when the skeletons die, work because they have timers or cooldowns to make the loops work over time rather than instantly.
Okay thank you. I already thought about that
Not sure if this is the right thread or if this should be in its own, but anyways:

I just unlocked my first Sirus fight in the quest The Awakener of Worlds after completing the 4 conqueror endgame questlines.

What happens if I die 6 times in this fight and fail to complete it?

a) Do I get another shot or do I then have to kill the other 4 again to unlock Sirus again?

b) Or is it like failing the others before the first Sirus fight and I can get him to spawn again after doing a few maps?

c) When I realize mid fight I have no chance, can I invite another player to kill Sirus in my game and finish the quest or would that somehow ruin it?

Hope someone can shed some light into this, I'd like to know that before trying him.
I died at all the others except for the Redeemer, so I'm pretty sure I WILL fail that first attempt.
"
requin3d wrote:
"
Cruonit wrote:
Thanks in advance.

I'd assume it won't work because, just like your 80%minion dmg quiver doesn't buff your dmg, his 80%minion dmg quiver won't buff his

Hi, thank you for the answer. I am afraid, that my question was misunderstood. My bow states 'minions deal 80% increased damage'.
I know that I am not a minion, so it is logical that this damage increase will not affect me. (Actually it affects me because I have 'minion damage increase and decrease affect you' allocated on my passive tree. Westernmost minion wheel, but that is not really my concern.)
I want to know, if my other minions (zombies, golem and spectres) benefit from the secondary 'minions deal 80% increased damage' from mirror clone, which uses my bow and quiver.

I ask this, because I am familiar with Animate Guardian skill. We animate weapons and armor like Kingmaker, leercast and victario's flight to buff other minions. However their text is written as 'nearby allies'. If I use a curse equipment on AG, it will be able to curse enemies at the same time with me, so enemies will have 2 different curses at the same time, because mechanics accept AG as another entity. AG does not share my curse limit.

I hope, I am more clear this time.
"
Cruonit wrote:
I want to know, if my other minions (zombies, golem and spectres) benefit from the secondary 'minions deal 80% increased damage' from mirror clone, which uses my bow and quiver.

I ask this, because I am familiar with Animate Guardian skill. We animate weapons and armor like Kingmaker, leercast and victario's flight to buff other minions. However their text is written as 'nearby allies'. If I use a curse equipment on AG, it will be able to curse enemies at the same time with me, so enemies will have 2 different curses at the same time, because mechanics accept AG as another entity. AG does not share my curse limit.

No they don't. The modifier on your bow and quiver affects your minions, but the modifier on your minion's bow and quiver would affect your minion's minions, not your other minions. As you note, Kingmaker and the like affect "allies", not minions, so they work properly when on a minion.

On a secondary note, I'm pretty sure that minions do share your curse limit.
"
ekaye wrote:
"
Cruonit wrote:

No they don't. The modifier on your bow and quiver affects your minions, but the modifier on your minion's bow and quiver would affect your minion's minions, not your other minions. As you note, Kingmaker and the like affect "allies", not minions, so they work properly when on a minion.

On a secondary note, I'm pretty sure that minions do share your curse limit.

I see your point, I have this experience with spectres. I was not sure because GGG mechanics are always very specific with the use of 'you' / 'your' and it is not 'Your minions' on the weapon, I thought it may count as a global buff. Thank you for answer.

About minion curse limit you are right, however AG mechanics are different; 'The Guardian does not share your max amount of curses you can apply to enemies, and therefore functions as a player with the default curse limit when applying curses (through corrupted gloves, for example).' https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Animate_Guardian in case You would like to check.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info