Mechanical Questions Thread

If I have a 100% chance to be crit and I have Garb of the Ephemeral... Would that mean I cannot be hit by nearby enemies? 100% chance to to take a crit from an enemy who can't crit?

I'm guessing it'd just be a normal hit on me if it isn't a critical strike on me though right? Just curious...

EDIT: Also if I use Mother's Embrace and Coruscating Elixer with Detonate Dead would they explode upon being summoned? Umbilicus Immortalis works kinda like that but it seems the minions use the flasks before they are summoned not when they are summoned. "When" implies they exist to use the flask effect - not existing with the flask... Is that intended?
Last edited by WizBlizz1994 on Jan 17, 2020, 6:39:23 AM
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
If I have a 100% chance to be crit and I have Garb of the Ephemeral... Would that mean I cannot be hit by nearby enemies? 100% chance to to take a crit from an enemy who can't crit?

I'm guessing it'd just be a normal hit on me if it isn't a critical strike on me though right? Just curious...

Almost shure "Nearby Enemies cannot deal Critical Strikes" = 0% crit chance => normal damage. Otherwise it would be like The Brass Dome spelling "Take no Extra Damage from Critical Strikes" but without word "Extra".
Probably.
Usually it is about shortest spelling.
You can't say for sure until you test it.
POE has bad spelling sometimes.

"
bluewelkin wrote:
Question about Winter Orb.

No one can really help you choosing between LMP and GMP. It mainly depends on boss's size.
As i know...
WO spelling says how does spell works. "Channel to conjure an orb above you, which pelts nearby enemies with projectiles that impact the ground and explode." Also spell has "AoE" tag.
It works the same as many other skills like Fireball, Kinetic Blast or even Ice Shot.
If skill is unleashing few projectiles at once, enemies can be hit only by 1 of those projectiles. But projectiles has second form after they hit enemy (or ground in case of WO / wall for KB) - AOE wich is kinda not a projectile alrdy. Single enemy can be hit by multiply AOEs. Sooo... WO can hit single enemies more then once per shot but AOE of projectiles is super small + WO has a scatter that you can do nothing about => no way to say how much AOEs will hit the boss.
Take area affect nodes if you can (the size of the explosion will still be very small). Try different gems.
That's all i can say.
Last edited by loadinggood on Jan 17, 2020, 7:30:08 AM
i am playing a VD CoC build and sometimes i feel my dps starts dropping against bosses when i spawn alot of volatiles. so i made the assumption that maybe when i spawn new volatiles when i already hit the maximum limit allowed, then older ones just get completely deleted and do not explode.

this is just based off of a feeling and might be completely wrong but thats why i'd like to know what happens with old volatiles when you try to spawn new volatiles above the limit of 60 allowed?
Last edited by GeilerStyler on Jan 17, 2020, 3:59:31 PM
Hi,
Can someone exmplain me what am I suppose to do now and how to trigger conquerors?
Here's a screenshot:

Tirn's End:
- white, yellow and red maps - nothing happens

Glenn...:
- same as Tirn

Proxima
- same as Tirn

Valdo
- same as Tirn

I want to add that problems with conquerors started after killing Sirus. Before conquerors were triggering like a charm. Now I have trihher Hezmin once in Proxima, but I think it was more like a random then a prepared mechanism.
So, in which region I should do maps right now?

Please, help, this is annoying.
"
requin3d wrote:

"
Penasche wrote:
Spiritual Aid and Decree of Reflection interaction.

The second part is just if this increase or more will impact my damage since I have Spiritual Aid allocated.

when a skill says x% increased damage, that's the dmg of that skill only
so no

Decree of reflection doesnt say simply "% increased damage" on either of the wordings i was able to find, so your answer isnt valid.

POE Affix lists the reflection enchant as:
"
Minions deal #% more Damage

Normal: 100 (Word)
Cruel: 200 (Edict)
Merciless: 300 (Decree)
Map: 400 (Commandment)

The wiki lists enchant as:
"
Creates a clone of you that attacks with your weapon.
Base duration is 5 seconds
Minions deal 120% increased Damage
150% increased Minion Maximum Life
Trigger this Spell when you're Hit
Minions deal 400% of Damage

So while the wiki makes the most sense, and the line of "minions deal 400% of damage" that makes sense as something that would impact this ability only. But if thats the case, why is there a line that says "minions deal 120% increased damage"? that makes no sense to be on two seperate lines if one isnt global
Last edited by Penasche on Jan 18, 2020, 6:52:59 PM
"
Penasche wrote:
"
requin3d wrote:
when a skill says x% increased damage, that's the dmg of that skill only

Decree of reflection doesnt say simply "% increased damage" on either of the wordings i was able to find, so your answer isnt valid.

Creates a clone of you that attacks with your weapon.
Base duration is 5 seconds
Minions deal 120% increased Damage
150% increased Minion Maximum Life
Trigger this Spell when you're Hit
Minions deal 400% of Damage

"
Penasche wrote:
So while the wiki makes the most sense, and the line of "minions deal 400% of damage" that makes sense as something that would impact this ability only. But if thats the case, why is there a line that says "minions deal 120% increased damage"? that makes no sense to be on two seperate lines if one isnt global

"x% increased damage" and "x% of damage" aren't the same thing, so there is nothing incoherent about having those two lines. "deal 500% of damage" is a weird wording, it sounds like it would behave like "deal 400% more damage", which is what poeaffix and poedb both happen to say.

Anyways, these bonuses are not for you, they're for the reflections. If it said "grants 120% increased minion damage" then it would work.
Hello, I'm a player in China. I want to give you a feedback. The ring synthesized by shaper and elder, combined with mark of the shaper, can only be immune to dizziness, and can't be increased by spell damage!
Hi,

Recently I finished all maps on the Atlas and got an achievement "Atlas of Worlds" (Complete every map on the Atlas.). Also, I completed 4 maps with guardians of the Shaper. As a result, I didn't get the achievement "Master Cartographer" (Complete all of the red maps on the Atlas.). It is a bug or I missed something?
Last edited by Triyan666 on Jan 21, 2020, 10:15:11 AM
Hi,

i got some questions regarding Arcane Capacitor interaction with Arcane Surge.

The Notable says it will grant 10% increased effect of Arcane Surge per 200 Mana spent recently, up to 50%. This means that if i spend 1000 Mana in a time less than 4 seconds i got the full 50% buff.

Lets say i have lvl 7 Arcane Surge linked to Frostbolt. And i have Ice Nova for 55 Mana per cast at 6 aps.

So if i cast Ice Nova for 4 secs, i spent 1320 Mana and should get the 50% buff plus the 10% buff from the small node before AC. So 60% increased Arcane Surge effect on my lvl 7 skill gem.

-> 13% more spell damage and increased cast Speed * 1,6 = 20,8% more spell damage and increased cast Speed, right? This would be equivalent to a lvl 23 Arcane Surge gem.

- Or does the buff only aplies to lvl 1 arcane surge, so 10%*1,6=16% increase?
- Or do i have to spent the mana with the skill linked to arcane surge?
- Or does the Arcane Surge gets overwritten by lvl 1 from AC?

Can someone confirm this?
Last edited by TheDoomsdayDevice on Jan 21, 2020, 6:44:42 AM
A crafting question:

Let's say I take a magic item with one affix to the crafting bench in the hideout, and craft a second affix onto it. Since it is crafted, it shows as a lighter blue color.

I now take a Regal Orb and turn the magic item into a rare. What happens to the crafted affix? Does it become a native affix on the resulting rare item, letting me craft something else onto it? Or does it remain a crafted affix, which I can remove with an orb of scouring?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info