Mechanical Questions Thread

When using Ancestral Bond key node, and having wave of conviction and frost bomb on cwdt, does enemy get -25% elemental exposure?

Also, how about char. casting wither while having Ancestral Bond node? Does wither get stacked on an enemy?
Last edited by bluewelkin on Jan 14, 2020, 1:52:53 AM
Just reached 83 monster level in delve. What is best way to level up now, go down deeper, or go horizontally. It seems going down will cost a lot of sulphite...
Hey, I'm running a Blasphemy+Flammability build with only one curse slot. I want to know if purchasing an item (gloves specifically) will conflict with the aura or they can work together?

Thanks
What is the best option for map for leveling and what is best option for farming currency/items?

"
ArmyChampion wrote:
So if corrupted items implicit modifiers are usually local, does that mean if I get two nebulochs with a 7% increased attack speed modifier and an 8% increased attack speed modifier, I only get the attack speed once?

AKA I don't have +15% increased attack speed, I have 8%.

Is that how it works?

It's not corrupted implicit modifiers that are usually local, it's basically all weapon attack mods. If a nebuloch has 8%ias it attacks 8%faster, multiplicative with off-weapon ias.

"
bluewelkin wrote:
When using Ancestral Bond key node, and having wave of conviction and frost bomb on cwdt, does enemy get -25% elemental exposure?

Also, how about char. casting wither while having Ancestral Bond node? Does wither get stacked on an enemy?

if you go to the wiki on wave of conviction, there is a link to a reddit where someone says: "There needs to be at least 1 fire, cold, or lightning damage dealt, so if you have Ancestral Bond and you're handcasting Wave of Conviction, it won't deal any damage and therefore won't apply any exposure.".
I don't see any reason why wither wouldn't work

"
Black__Rose wrote:
Hey, I'm running a Blasphemy+Flammability build with only one curse slot. I want to know if purchasing an item (gloves specifically) will conflict with the aura or they can work together?

You mean purchasing an item that curses on hit? Just read the wiki on curses: "Curse auras also take priority over curses applied via casting, and will override those curses if they exceed the curse limit."
Why the hell mine cannot trigger the tailwind?
I seriously don't understand this mechanism.
It gives us to use other skills to trigger tailwind, and it is totally waste of gem socket and efficiency of mapping. It never says "triggered by Critical strike attack except mine" or something then it should be triggered by any critical strikes. I was so excited to imagine using tailwind while using mine build, it totally broke my heart and time i spent for buying that boots.
"
Dinol6874 wrote:
Why the hell mine cannot trigger the tailwind?
I seriously don't understand this mechanism.
It gives us to use other skills to trigger tailwind, and it is totally waste of gem socket and efficiency of mapping. It never says "triggered by Critical strike attack except mine" or something then it should be triggered by any critical strikes.

The mod is:
"You have Tailwind if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently"
It is not triggered by any critical strike, it is triggered by a critical strike that you dealt. Your mines aren't you.
It doesn't work for the same reason that you can do ele reflect, and that you can't leech.
The wiki suggests that having a unique item anywhere in your inventory is enough to have a relevant prophecy upgrade it to its Fated version.

So... if I have multiple copies of that unique item in my inventory at the time I complete the prophecy... do they all get upgraded? Or just the first one it finds?
"
StreeTWinD wrote:
The wiki suggests that having a unique item anywhere in your inventory is enough to have a relevant prophecy upgrade it to its Fated version.

So... if I have multiple copies of that unique item in my inventory at the time I complete the prophecy... do they all get upgraded? Or just the first one it finds?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fated_item
Question about Winter Orb.

I see only one projectile from winter orb hitting a meta-boss even though I have GMP. While, if Winter Orb hits other non-meta bosses with GMP, I see all projectiles (5 projectiles) hit them.

1. I want to know if this is a bug

2. Is Winter orb designed to hit a monster only once with one projectile even you have GMP or LMP increasing number of projectiles? Then, why all projectiles from GMP support hit a boss like Phoenix?

3. Seems like everybody has different answers about multiple WO projectiles hitting one monster in Reddit. I would like you to clarify if increasing number of projectiles help kill a single boss, and if it's just random for multiple projectiles to hit a single monster (doesn't seem so tho) or how projectiles work. If this is not clarified, it's really hard to decide whether to use GMP instead of DPS booting support for meta-bosses this league. (I've tested many times with all the support gems to see the difference, but it's not so easy due to different mods of corpse parts.)

Last edited by bluewelkin on Jan 16, 2020, 11:42:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info