PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Mechanical Questions Thread

Wondering why my CWDT + Immortal call setup isn't being proc'd from my Blood Rage? Should be used to gain Arakaali buff right?
"
Wondering why my CWDT + Immortal call setup isn't being proc'd from my Blood Rage? Should be used to gain Arakaali buff right?
If both skills are being triggered, what order are the gems socketed in? They're triggered in order:

|
|

1-2
xx|
4-3

1-2
xx|
4-3
|
5-6

(xes inserted to keep the pipes in their correct positions)

depending on what item they're in. Blood Rage needs to go in a lower-numbered socket than Immortal Call, so you start taking damage over time and then stop. If you're going by the defense character panel, keep in mind that modifiers to life recovery (like the Arakaali power) aren't reflected in the listed life regeneration value.
I hope this is the right topic for my question.

I want to try an alch and go strategy and I want to use it on strand. From what I gather I don't complete any T2/T3 maps except the T3 map adjacent to strand and I want to use a shaper's orb on the T3 map adjacent to strand.I don't complete any T2/T3 maps so that I don't have to invest into uncompleting them afterwards.

I'm currently at the beginning of my atlas for this league.

My question is: how do I get the shaper's orbs while following the above strategy?

Right now a different T2 map (ramparts) has shaper influence.

Thanks for your time. I'm a noob at this, so hopefully someone can help me. In all previous leagues i have just tried to complete my atlas, but thought I wanted to try a different strategy now.
"
Truppensturm wrote:

I want to try an alch and go strategy and I want to use it on strand. From what I gather I don't complete any T2/T3 maps except the T3 map adjacent to strand and I want to use a shaper's orb on the T3 map adjacent to strand.I don't complete any T2/T3 maps so that I don't have to invest into uncompleting them afterwards.

My question is: how do I get the shaper's orbs while following the above strategy?

Thanks for your time. I'm a noob at this, so hopefully someone can help me. In all previous leagues i have just tried to complete my atlas, but thought I wanted to try a different strategy now.

Basically you simply run whatever t2/t3 you're forced to run to push your influence and get your shaper orbs and then unlearn them later.

That being said, I honestly cant recommend this. Shaped strats typically target a map that either has a desirable drop or a high mob count by default. In your case, strand has no desirable drops and is actually the worst t2 in terms of mob density.

If you're just picking it because you enjoy the map, go nuts but just wanted to point it out in case you weren't aware!

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
"
Truppensturm wrote:

Basically you simply run whatever t2/t3 you're forced to run to push your influence and get your shaper orbs and then unlearn them later.

That being said, I honestly cant recommend this. Shaped strats typically target a map that either has a desirable drop or a high mob count by default. In your case, strand has no desirable drops and is actually the worst t2 in terms of mob density.

If you're just picking it because you enjoy the map, go nuts but just wanted to point it out in case you weren't aware!

~Myth

Hey man

Thanks for your feedback. I thought that was gonna be the solution. Just was afraid to do it, because I didn't want to fuck up my atlas too much.

Is there a different map that you would suggest for this strategy?

I believe I can only choose maps that have 1 adjacent tier higher (only have to shape 1 higher tier map then). Strand has only 1 adjacent T3 and i like the layout but that's about it for my reasons.
I'd be happy to hear any other map suggestions, should you have any.

After doing this alch and go on lower tier maps, I was planning on doing the same for burial chambers.

Also, would you recommend to have a minimum of map completion before starting this strategy? I was thinking about going for 100% bonus to ensure that a map of 1 tier higher constantly drops (in this case then burial chambers again).
"
Truppensturm wrote:

Hey man

Thanks for your feedback. I thought that was gonna be the solution. Just was afraid to do it, because I didn't want to fuck up my atlas too much.

Is there a different map that you would suggest for this strategy?

I believe I can only choose maps that have 1 adjacent tier higher (only have to shape 1 higher tier map then). Strand has only 1 adjacent T3 and i like the layout but that's about it for my reasons.
I'd be happy to hear any other map suggestions, should you have any.

After doing this alch and go on lower tier maps, I was planning on doing the same for burial chambers.

Also, would you recommend to have a minimum of map completion before starting this strategy? I was thinking about going for 100% bonus to ensure that a map of 1 tier higher constantly drops (in this case then burial chambers again).

Not necessarily, there are two ways to handle shaping a specific map.

Option A) You dont shape the map itself, but instead shape the connected map so it no longer drops (what you were asking about)
Option B) You shape the target map itself, where connections now dont matter.
As an example, you could shape strand to a t7 map, never learn any other t7s or t8s and it would be shaped around strand sustain.

Which option you pick and which map you pick is gonna heavily dependant on what your build can handle/is doing. There are popular choices like burial chambers, underground seas and volcano for example, mostly due to desirable drops combined with good mob density.

I can link a spreadsheet here with mob counts for every map. I'd pick the highest tier you are comfortable doing, then pick the highest density map there (assuming you are going for efficiency).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10ssi9lOJvDOo3G8Iq5xRyDv6-nbCJSxJhB5ANtaUn6w/edit#gid=1710951808

As for map completion, the answer really is 'as much as possible'. In an ideal world, you'd have max completion bonus except for the 2 tiers of maps you didnt learn.

~Myth
Awesome, thanks man, very helpful!
So i'm getting back at poe after a long break and i'm playing some delves and shit....

But... is that supposed to happen.(The long tunnel where i can't see the next node)

"
So i'm getting back at poe after a long break and i'm playing some delves and shit....

But... is that supposed to happen.(The long tunnel where i can't see the next node)

Not really supposed to, but it does happen at times due to the semi-randomness in node/path generation - and since it's so far away the fog of war hid the next node. Currently there's no "fix" for these cases so you will have to dig around it.
My question pertains to Winter Orb, the spell you channel, and "+X-+X Elemental damage to attack" modifiers from gear. Is Winter Orb considered an "attack" where I will leech life from it, or is it considered something else?
Last edited by therandom007 on Mar 30, 2019, 1:24:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info