Mechanical Questions Thread

I feel so stupid for not finding this thread sooner!

I have a few questions regarding Poison and Minions.

My first question is if you link a minion with a source of poison does that poison damage get increased by sources of increased minion damage? I know this isn't the case at all for players but does it still work for minions?

My next question is a bit more mechanically complex. The pathfinder node Nature's Reprisal states "When you kill a Poisoned Enemy during any Flask Effect, nearby Enemies are Poisoned."
Well, by using Speaker's Wreath I've discovered that if a minion causes a kill via it's poison it counts as you killing the mob via poison and triggers this ascendancy (which counts a virulence as well.) Does this poison that has newly been spread gain any of the player's bonuses to poison or is it just a copy of the previous poison?

Lastly, the Pathfinder node Master Toxicist causes "Poisons you inflict during any Flask Effect have 40% chance to deal 100% more Damage." Is this determined at the moment a poison is applied or is it a tick by tick basis? Also would it be considered when Poisons spread by Nature's Reprisal are inflicted?

I ask all this because I'm trying to make a build out of the interactions between Nature's Reprisal and minion poisons for something interesting. Was seriously considering combining it with Herald of Agony and a Dancing dervish to really spread the love.

I know it's not going to be great but I love to try to get the most out of weird builds before I start and having some clear knowledge on how all this works would really help me a lot.
Hello, i wanted improve quality more than 20% in my weapon claw, and there https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quality
i wrote that "A resonator with Perfect Fossil socketed, increasing quality up to 30%", i buy this fossil in market and when i used it my weapon stats change and now its trash weapon. Can u please bring me back my last weapon with that stats, i really didnt know about it, cuz in site i saw this message and thought that i could improve my quality more than 20%.
Help me please.
Be faster exile, or go home...
The Occultist Ascendency Malediction provides the Malediction debuff to cursed enemies. Is Malediction affected by curse resistance, or will it always provide -10% damage dealt, +10% damage received?
Last edited by Aldonés on Mar 16, 2019, 9:58:52 AM
The 3.6 patch notes stated that Delve depths 'below 58' have had their fossil spawn rate lowered, but after several hours farming depths 60-80, I found around 1/10 the number of fossils I did in previous leagues. Definitely well beyond bad rng, so I figure the 58 stated was an error or something was changed since the patch notes were posted. I'd just like to know some details on this, at what depths do fossils start appearing in numbers similar to last league at depths 40-60? Thanks!
If I place down my dread banner with 50 stacks, does the increased fortify effect last the whole 50 seconds or just 2.5 seconds. Also how much increased fortify effect do i end up with, 100% or 150%?
Rolled "monstrous treasure" prophecy. Aiming for sextant mods "Strongbox Monsters have 500% increased Item Quantity" (already got this one) and "Strongboxes in Areas are Corrupted. Areas contain an extra Strongbox. Strongboxes in Areas are at least Rare Rarity". No luck yet, but some other mods were rolled like 10 times. Just to make sure - is it possible, that some sextant mods make other mods non-procable? Or is it just RNG, and i should relax and keep trying?
Some questions about bleed:

1) Can I inflict bleeding if my attack is dodged or evaded? Probabaly no
2) Can I inflict bleeding if my attack hits, but this hit is blocked? Probabaly no
3) Am I right, that bleeding mechanics do not pay attention to modifiers like X% physical damage from hits taken as fire damage?
3*) Are there modifiers like X% physical damage taken as fire damage in game? (just damage, not from hits)
4) Does modifiers like X% less physical damage taken when hit (in Arctic Armour) apply only to hit damage, so bleed dps is unaffected? Prpbably yes
5) Can I inflict bleed to enemy on immunity state like other allies cannot die or physical immunity state like Immortal call? Ofc they will not take damage, but will they in bleeding state?
Hello,
I am just wondering how the interaction between these 2 items works.

1. Since the shock is applied when the mob is killed, does it still trigger the ring?

2. Does the shock prolifing to other mobs count as you shocking them?

3. How many stacks does this max out at if it does work? There is no way to visually see how much it is affecting your burning damage since there is no tooltip on burning damage.

Also, to further complicate this, how would adding a Mind of the Council to the mix work? That will probably answer itself based on the response to questions 1 & 2
Hello,
I have a question about loot determination that another player is arguing with me about.
The context is that I opened up Temple of Atzoatl with a Museum of Artifacts. It happened to have a chest that contained a Perandus Manor map.
The other player claims that they, by clicking the chest, rolled it into a Perandus Manor and demanded payment from me.
I strongly believe that to be false, and that items in those sorts of chests are not affected by whom clicks the chest.
I do not know if it is determined when clicked or if chosen by the instance, but I think who clicks it should not affect the items rolled by it.
I would appreciate it if you could settle this dispute for us.
Hi,

I have a question regarding the interaction between Divine ire with stormfire for an ignite build. On PoB, i was playing around with how lightning damage interacts with ignite and it seems to increase the damage of the ignite. However, I was under the impression that ignite is only based on the base hit and therefore since ignite does fire damage, lightning damage would have no effect on the damage of ignite since it increases the damage of the initial hit of divine ire. I would like to get some clarification on how this works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info