Mechanical Questions Thread

The surrender grants lvl 30 reckoning so if I put just support gems into that shield will it apply to that reckoning?
"
titides wrote:
After contacting the support, I am referred to this page.
I want to know the damage of my minions in a build Herald of Purity / Dominating Blow.
I do a build HoP/DB with a Templar/Guardian & Duelist/Champion.

1 - What is the base of flat life to sentinels of dominance/purity ?
2 - What is the base of flat damage to sentinels of dominance/purity ?
3 - What is the base of attack speed apply to sentinels of
dominance/purity ?
4 - Is the flat damage of Herald of purity work on minions ?
5 - How to "translate" more damage by a number than *1,49 for 49% more
damage ?
6 - How to "translate" increased damage by a number than *1,01 for 10%
inc damage ?
7 - It's written on the gem Holy Relic, SRS and Herald of Agony : "Minions cannot taunted ennemis", is it working on a build for all minions or just the holy relic ?
8 - So if I have a build duelist/Champion with minions, the taunt work if I don't use a Holy Relic, SRS or a Herald of Agony ?
Thanks
Thks ;)

1., 2., and 3. Good luck with hoping to get minion stats from GGG. They are incredibly secretive about that, for no real apparent reason. They have occasionally stated they wouldn't want people to figure out enemy damage calculations, because that would help in cheating the game. By my estimation they're more prohibitive than necessary even for that.

4. No, the Herald effect is a buff, not an aura. It does not affect your minions.

5. More modifiers are multiplicative with all other modifiers of different sources for the same stats. 49% more means everything affected will be multiplied with (100% + 49%).

6. Increased and reduced modifiers are additive with each other and their sum is multiplicative with the rest. The final factor is (100% + sum(increased) - sum(reduced) ).

7. The modifier is local to the skill. Other minions can still taunt.

8. The Champion's chance to taunt is not inherited by the minions. Any of the bonuses on top of that also rely on you being the one to taunt.

"
NarutoxKurama wrote:
The surrender grants lvl
30 reckoning so if I put just support gems into that shield will it apply to that reckoning?

Yes.
Hello PoE Community,

I have recently noticed on my staff that the following Delve prefix:

Socketed Spells deal 20% more Spell Damage

is now shown as:

Socketed Skills deal 20% more Spell Damage

I can only find "Socketed Spells deal X% more Spell Damage" documented on the following wiki page:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_staff_modifiers

I also checked http://poe.trade and could no longer find the "Socketed Spells deal X% more Spell Damage" as a searchable prefix mod. I could now only find "Socketed Skills deal X% more Spell Damage"

The new wording is also not recognised as a valid modifier in PathOfBuilding.

I could not find any mention of this change in recent patch notes.

Does anyone know if this change is intentional?
Also, does anyone know if it ultimately has the same effect on spells as the original modifier?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers.
Hey Guys,
im doing a vms elementalist with rf.
Im using scolds bridle ofc, skills do 400% of mana spent as phys dmg.
Than im using shield implict with 8% of physical damage from hits taken as fire damage.
So 8% of my scolds bridle phys dmg is converted to fire.
Than im using the rare used elementalist keystone paragon of calamity
for each element you've been hit by damage recently, gain 40% damage of that element etc.
Than i press shield charge, i take damage but i dont get extra damage.
For some reason this doesnt work, even if it should.

I'd appreciate anyone who has an idea why this doesn't work.

The damage taken by scolds bridle is 100% a hit btw.
-> 8% of that dmg from the HIT should be converted to fire dmg
-> i should dmg myself with 8% fire damage of 400% of my mana cost
-> i should've taken a fire damage hit recently
-> i should gain 40% inc dmg and 8% reduced dmg taken
-> i based my build around this, so this hurts my feelings
Short tldr in picture:

and for some reason gluttony belt works with this, makes no sense but hey
twitch.tv/nex1233
steamcommunity.com/id/nex1233
discord : nexx#9045
Last edited by nex1233 on Oct 25, 2018, 4:08:39 PM
8 mana cost is very low. It means you take 32 damage, 2.56 of which should be fire damage. My guess is that your resistance is high enough to reduce this to zero.

If you use a skill with 32 mana cost, you should take 10 fire damage, which would still be 1 point of damage after 90% resistance.

I don't know at what point these calculations are rounded or what your actual resistance is, so I can't give you exact numbers.

You should probably also account for reduced damage taken to be safe.
"
8 mana cost is very low. It means you take 32 damage, 2.56 of which should be fire damage. My guess is that your resistance is high enough to reduce this to zero.

If you use a skill with 32 mana cost, you should take 10 fire damage, which would still be 1 point of damage after 90% resistance.

I don't know at what point these calculations are rounded or what your actual resistance is, so I can't give you exact numbers.

You should probably also account for reduced damage taken to be safe.

i def take some fire damage, tried it with 10 fire res and 5link incinerate
twitch.tv/nex1233
steamcommunity.com/id/nex1233
discord : nexx#9045
"
ZadowSmash wrote:
Hello PoE Community,

I have recently noticed on my staff that the following Delve prefix:

Socketed Spells deal 20% more Spell Damage

is now shown as:

Socketed Skills deal 20% more Spell Damage

I can only find "Socketed Spells deal X% more Spell Damage" documented on the following wiki page:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_staff_modifiers

I also checked http://poe.trade and could no longer find the "Socketed Spells deal X% more Spell Damage" as a searchable prefix mod. I could now only find "Socketed Skills deal X% more Spell Damage"

The new wording is also not recognised as a valid modifier in PathOfBuilding.

I could not find any mention of this change in recent patch notes.

Does anyone know if this change is intentional?
Also, does anyone know if it ultimately has the same effect on spells as the original modifier?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers.

anyone? bump!
@nex1233
If you also don't get the buff if you do take fire damage, then it might be a bug.

@ZadowSmash
Please don't bump your questions in this thread. It was originally meant to ask GGG. If players can answer your question, they will, if not, you just have to wait. Bumping the question here will probably not get you extra attention.

You can consider opening a thread in this forum or making a question post on reddit / posting in the daily question thread there. This way, more people will see it.
Does Withering Touch inherit duration tag from active skill gem that it's attached to, in the same manner as Decay does?
hi

About stach folder
Whei i get purchase requst i wanna open appropriate folder and see highlightning item
Where may i download cush trading macro?
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info