Mechanical Questions Thread

"
cuocdoitan wrote:
Are Shaper/Elder effected by IIR ?
I know that % increased rarity of item help you have higher chance to loot rare/unique items but how about shaper/elder items ? Will I obtain more shaper/elder items if I have high amount of IIR ?

Shaper/Elder influence on items is not a product of rarity, so only IIQ will get more of them. IIR means you are more likely to get magic/rare shaper/elder items.
I need some help, spent hours checking forums and couldn't find an answer. Also, my build is pretty common across several build sites (even here) so I am confused.

The setup-
I am building out an ancestral warchief build. Couple links below
-https://www.poebuilds.net/warchief-1
-https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1920845

The issue-
I am lvl 50 atm, and I had gone to ancestral bond, got two totems up and things are going smooth, finished act 5 like this, but feel squishy. So I started picking up the recommended equipment.
FACEBREAKER gloves were on the list and so I traded for them only to find out they offered no actual benefit. I am not getting the buff to unarmed physical damage.

That buff is very important for me to continue with this build, I can't move to the next part without it! So what it is supposed to be? Did I miss something? Are these build guides wrong?

thx
Zen
"
DarkZenLord wrote:
I am not getting the buff to unarmed physical damage.

What makes you think this?

You don't get a buff icon. They just increase your stats.

"
DarkZenLord wrote:
I had gone to ancestral bond

You do know what this does, right?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Hi all

Iron Grip can increase the damage of Molten Strike projectiles?
If yes, where i can see the damage boost?
"
Higorvilpon wrote:
Hi all

Iron Grip can increase the damage of Molten Strike projectiles?
If yes, where i can see the damage boost?

Yes, and using a character planner such as Path of Building. The damage of the projectiles is not shown anywhere in-game.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
DarkZenLord wrote:
I am not getting the buff to unarmed physical damage.

What makes you think this?

You don't get a buff icon. They just increase your stats.

"
DarkZenLord wrote:
I had gone to ancestral bond

You do know what this does, right?

I would expect the DPS of my Warchief to increase, I even took it for a spin in an instance and it was noticeably worse (without me being armed or armed, made no difference other than my stats were better armed.

Ancestral Bond, as required by the build, means I cannot do damage myself, that damage comes from other sources (I control), the way I understand it is: Any source of damage other than myself, *that also gets it's buffs from me*, is what would be subject to my DPS/Strength/other modifiers.
So if I meet the requirements of said Facebreaker "X% more damage with unarmed attacks" Which I believe I do, I would expect any attack without a weapon equipped to be valid for the buff.
To your point, which stats am I look for? I do not see a direct physical damage stat.

thanks
Zen
"
DarkZenLord wrote:
I would expect the DPS of my Warchief to increase, I even took it for a spin in an instance and it was noticeably worse (without me being armed or armed, made no difference other than my stats were better armed.

Ancestral Bond, as required by the build, means I cannot do damage myself, that damage comes from other sources (I control), the way I understand it is: Any source of damage other than myself, *that also gets it's buffs from me*, is what would be subject to my DPS/Strength/other modifiers.
So if I meet the requirements of said Facebreaker "X% more damage with unarmed attacks" Which I believe I do, I would expect any attack without a weapon equipped to be valid for the buff.
To your point, which stats am I look for? I do not see a direct physical damage stat.

thanks
Zen

Your character, right now, is not unarmed - you have an axe equipped. I don't know if this is how you usually play, but since you picked a bunch of axe and two-handed nodes in the passive tree, it makes me believe it is. (Unless you heavily respecced since making your post. But you still have Facebreakers equipped.)

"Unarmed" means "You do not have any weapon equipped". The only thing you can have in your hands is a shield or a quiver.

Could you post a screenshot that shows your character screen (damage attributes of Ancestral Warchief) as well as your inventory and equipped gear, both with and without Facebreakers?
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
DarkZenLord wrote:

thanks
Zen

Your character, right now, is not unarmed - you have an axe equipped. I don't know if this is how you usually play, but since you picked a bunch of axe and two-handed nodes in the passive tree, it makes me believe it is. (Unless you heavily respecced since making your post. But you still have Facebreakers equipped.)

"Unarmed" means "You do not have any weapon equipped". The only thing you can have in your hands is a shield or a quiver.

Could you post a screenshot that shows your character screen (damage attributes of Ancestral Warchief) as well as your inventory and equipped gear, both with and without Facebreakers?

Of course I logged with my axe, I was trying to clear mobs. I unequipped and it dropped my AW by half DPS. I will have to get some screens. I believe my characters should be open for viewing.
"
DarkZenLord wrote:
I believe my characters should be open for viewing.

This is not the case; currently your account is completely hidden from view.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Lets say I am using hypothermia support with freezing pulse. On the very first hit, the target gets chilled. Does the hypothermia damage bonus apply to the first hit or only subsequent hits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info