Mechanical Questions Thread

I have been searching everywhere for an answer to this question and no luck. What are the requirements for certain fated prophecies? First off, I recall in a fairly recent major patch, the low level prophecies were changed to occur less often for high level characters. To my knowledge, this was done to improve the quality of life for people mapping. I have heard some people say this affects fated prophecies, any confirmation on that?

Regardless, my main question (since changing the odds is something out of my control) is the following, using Kaom's Way as an example. First some numbers:
1. Kaom's Sign: No level requirement
2. Kaom's Way: Level 32 required
3. Kaom: In a level 38 zone (for the fated prophecy)

In order to have a chance at getting "The King's Path" prophecy, do I need to have a character who is at least the level of the fated version (32), or who is at least the level of the unique enemy I need to kill to complete it (38), or the level of the base item (which doesn't apply here, but does to other examples), or does level not matter at all and thus a non-high-level character is better (to both avoid map-related prophecies and avoid the "reduced odds of low level prophecies" mentioned above)?
Question for map drop.

My map status is 117/156, and I get:

"Map drops at least one tier higher"
"17% chance for maps to drop two tier higher"

Why I'm getting (for example) tier 4, 5 doing map tier 9?
"
Question for map drop.

My map status is 117/156, and I get:

"Map drops at least one tier higher"
"17% chance for maps to drop two tier higher"

Why I'm getting (for example) tier 4, 5 doing map tier 9?

Maps can always drop from tier 1 up to the max, where the max is the current zone level and add 1 if a magic/rare mob, and add 2 if from a unique. Then, whatever map "would've dropped" gets affected by the bonus you mentioned, but note this cannot exceed the max I defined https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atlas_of_Worlds#Completion
Last edited by Deadseeds on Mar 31, 2018, 8:46:30 AM
Is there a minimal area level for higher (e.g. Exalted Orb) currency to drop?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
What happens if you have 100str, 100dex, and 100int while wearing Cyclopean Coil?
None of your stats is higher than the other, so I imagine you get no ailment immunity.
What about the damage though? Does it count as 20%, or 20% of each for a total of 60%?
Question about an enchant , more specificaly commandment of force.
If using xoph amulet , who give avatar of fire keystone , does the damage of the enchant still scale with physical damage ?
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
Similarly, wondering if Taunt mechanic would reduce Volatile Xblood and similar modifiers.

My guess would be yes, with justification of same fact 1 above, plus fact 3, which I think you have confirmed:

3. Damage calculation for Volatile Xblood and other on-Death effects is completed before the entity is removed from the game world
Conclusion. Having an entity that is not You taunt an enemy with Volatile Xblood will help you take 10% less damage from the explosion if you're near it
Correct.

Is this still the case with the reworked Volatile Flameblood, which deals damage (much) later after the monster's death?
Whoops, good catch, thanks. Have edited my post.
does wearing a lightning coil on an elemtalist procc paragon of calamity when i take the physical damage that is being converted to lightning?
Are Shaper/Elder effected by IIR ?
I know that % increased rarity of item help you have higher chance to loot rare/unique items but how about shaper/elder items ? Will I obtain more shaper/elder items if I have high amount of IIR ?
Hi, a noob question: I took the "Blood in the Eyes" ascendancy talent for my duelist gladiator - it says 25% to cause bleeding, but I have the bleeding support gem tied to my main attack, does it add up, or it goes to waste, and I have to change the gem (or the talent)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info